Need a custom suit job for my Hot Toys Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well yeah, the suit does
but Joker's inner jacket is pretty much this color
it works with his suit
but a 3 piece in the color looks pretty bad XD

so i found some great pics of the real suit and man, Harue pretty much nailed it
he got the scaling of the vest correct and the pants and coat
but there are inaccuracies but with the release of the film and new pics everywhere, i'm sure he knows already

here's a good comparison of the pants and coat, pants are more blue, Harue got that

https://chinese-starwars.com/chineseforum/viewtopic.php?t=13190

important to note these pics were taken with the flash on
he seems to have nailed the tie pattern and contrast to the vest
judging by his photos see in the early pics of the thread

https://chinese-starwars.com/chineseforum/viewtopic.php?t=13188

here's the suit in subtle lighting with no flash
seems similar to Harue's

https://chinese-starwars.com/chineseforum/viewtopic.php?t=13187

i think the accurate color for the inner coat
now obviously the Joker coat didn't have pinstripes
but this color looks damn good

I agree. The blue/gray is pretty much perfect.

Interesting that he is thinking about doing it himself.

The things I didn't like about the HT outfit was the coat color and collar (my main problem). The jacket color. The back of the vest. The short length of the tie. And the red lining. I though the pants where great and the shirt is fine (besides the collar).

The original looked great, but no way will I spend that much for it (unless I was rich).

Last edited:
well Snake Sucker said it's probably less than 500
but Harue didn't like to say

Snake Sucker
i don't know if anyone has mentioned but
if Harue ever asks for reference stuff, obviously use the pics around the thread or request more from anyone interested but
maybe if he can, ask if Harue could have Joker's suit have enough room to pose the arms and when the arm lifts up, the wrist and arms should be exposed more, much like the film, you can tell he had enough room to move his arms about

No probs, I have every Joker pic out there saved to a hard-drive. :)

But yeh, if this ever goes forward, I'm sure he would want to absolutely nail it in every way....and def would. His work is outstanding.

yes, i'm sure he'll get it right completely
oh and i noticed that Joker's shirt sleeves are longer than his inner coat
which explains why he can move easier and why we never really see the coat sleeves, you can BARELY see it in certain scenes
oh and the stitching on his outer coat goes into the outer side of the pocket
just look at the DCD coat and you'll see the line from his armpit to the bottom of the coat goes through the outer side of the pocket
oh and the pockets are slanted downwards
kinda opposite compared to the vest pockets, which slant upwards

Last edited:
hi guys, is there anyone here saved the ha-rue joker suit prototype pictures on the earlier page? it's missing from this thread, even from ha-rue's site

How many pics was there? I think I have two missing. Nope think I have them all.

Last edited:
The suit looks great there, but notice he is using the two-piece Hot Toys neck. They ended up using the one piece neck and probably why the shirt doesn't fit right.

The collars on the purple coat fascinates me. They are so perfect. No chunky ends. Perfectly flat like real collars. Plus no fluffy bits.

I really wish the socks were like that, completely over the feet.

How many pics was there? I think I have two missing. Nope think I have them all.

Sadly, I think this somehow just served as a model or something, the shirt has a much nicer fit, and the collar on the outtermost coat is far more film accurrate in size and position. The final figure looks alright, but it would have been stunning if the costume looked just like this.

Exactly, the fit of everything is sublime! Just a thinner material by the looks of it. Wish/hope Harue take sus up in the offer!

Hey guys, do you know anywhere/way i can get my hands on a set of this costume? It's gonna be awesome with my bank robbery joker's head!

Hmmm what a waste, anyway 500 for one suit is crazy! If it's about 100, count me in!

I seriously doubt it would be $100. One of Harue's suit sets that was ltd 20 pieces was $500 each and the Joker costume has more pieces and is a great deal more intricate.

All I know is, there are at least two people on this board willing to pay the big bucks for perfection.

Back