NECA's RoboCop is (NOT) a total bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice custom. The shoulder joints are unfortunate and that's on NECA. When you can't hide them and you need the arm at such a distance from the body so as to enable somewhat effective articulation at least make the joint big enough to plausibly have a real human arm going through there. I can see the counter-argument to that already but personally I'd prefer if it looked like what it is, a man in a robot suit. With such a thin joint it makes him look overly delicate.

I love my 18" robo I really wish Neca would either A: re issue him or B: release a revised one of him, maybe with more add ons like the gun arm from part 3, cobra assault cannon etc.

Concerning more Robocop:

NECA ‏@NECA_TOYS 4h4 hours ago

No. Hopefully more next year for the 30th anniversary

NECA added,

@NECA_TOYS Will there be anything new for Robocop at SDCC or later this year? Thanks

NECA ‏@NECA_TOYS 5m5 minutes ago
NECA Retweeted
in 2017
NECA added,
@NECA_TOYS Will you guys be doing anymore Robocop figures?

Can't really see what's worthwhile doing at this point if it's not full BD with a Weller likeness or any previously made version now with a Weller mouth....or Cain from Robocop 2....or a BD ED-209.

Can't really see what's worthwhile doing at this point if it's not full BD with a Weller likeness or any previously made version now with a Weller mouth....or Cain from Robocop 2....or a BD ED-209.

I would like to see some totally new figures. Some on my wish list would be:

> Clarence Boddicker
> Murphy in OCP uniform
> Lewis in OCP uniform

And more than any of the above, I want RoboCain.

Yeah but without Weller's likeness they're not gonna make Murphy. Without Murphy they're not gonna make Lewis. Without any Robocop or Murphy with Weller's likeness I don't see them bothering to make Clarence Boddicker.

It all hinges on Peter Weller and they've been denying having his likeness rights. Although it could be one of their retroactively permissible lies....

edit - sorry I just realised that was your wishlist, not guesses.

Only things I would be interested in, and none of them seem likely:

Battle Damaged Murphy face RoboCop.

ED 209 with interchangeable damaged left arm and removable "blown up" legs.

Otomo from Robo3 with normal head and damaged head.

RoboCop 2. Doesn't even need to be fully poseable. I'd be satisfied with 5 POA if it were in scale with the others.

Yeah but without Weller's likeness they're not gonna make Murphy. Without Murphy they're not gonna make Lewis. Without any Robocop or Murphy with Weller's likeness I don't see them bothering to make Clarence Boddicker.

It all hinges on Peter Weller and they've been denying having his likeness rights. Although it could be one of their retroactively permissible lies....

edit - sorry I just realised that was your wishlist, not guesses.

Don't think that is the case. Like Jack Nicholson, NECA just said it's too expensive for Peter Weller's likeliness rights.
Don't know about the other actors though.

NECA ‏@NECA_TOYS 16h16 hours ago

NECA Retweeted
You'll have to wait a little bit longer but a couple great ones are coming

@NECA_TOYS can't wait for the RoboCop reveals this year

NECA Retweeted

Robocop vs Terminator

Does anyone have a spare Cobra Assault Rifle from the Robocop 3 figure that they would be would be willing to send to the UK as mine broke straight out of the package. I contacted NECA as I didn't know about there US only customer service at the time so obviously there was no luck there.

I was going to get the re-release of the Neca Ed 209 when it comes out but you can get the 1st release now at toy wiz shipped for under $66 in the US with discount code POPUP5 and standard shipping. I went ahead and bought it so I can have it now. Looks like the re-release will be $69.99 plus shipping

NECA Retweeted

When he said "a little bit longer" I thought he meant a week or two.....guess he meant July for SDCC.

Back