NECA's RoboCop is (NOT) a total bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this isn't a NECA Fig but I just had to share! Got this Nicely detailed Robocain figure from Kotobukiya for $10 opened at a local comic shop. Looks damn good and for the Price it's Worth it!! Closest I'll get to owning a badass Robocain, unless a miracle happens and NECA makes one.

uploadfromtaptalk1442174598249.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1442174610585.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1442174650920.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1442174666815.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1442174688955.jpg

$10 is a decent price for that toy! An incredibly intricate sculpt for something so small and the paint is great. No articulation to speak of. And have I mentioned it's SMALL? If you've only seen pics online you'd be shocked as how tiny it is in person.

A full size version from NECA....well....we can dream. And hell, ED was only a pipe dream for about a decade but they made it happen....so maybe someday?

$10 is a decent price for that toy! An incredibly intricate sculpt for something so small and the paint is great. No articulation to speak of. And have I mentioned it's SMALL? If you've only seen pics online you'd be shocked as how tiny it is in person.

A full size version from NECA....well....we can dream. And hell, ED was only a pipe dream for about a decade but they made it happen....so maybe someday?
I was surprised at the price when I saw it and amazed at the details. The only articulation that it has are the 2 little extra hands (?). The ones that have the clamp and Sodder can move up and down.

Really enjoying this figure :D

still not as tiny as robocop himself :D

ed-209_cain_robocop_all.jpg~original

cain_robocop_fight_03.jpg~original

cain_robocop_fight_04.jpg~original

ed-209_robocop_fight_02.jpg~original

ed-209_robocop_fight_04.jpg~original

HK_goliath_robocop_01.jpg~original

they're very old. i don't even know where the figures are now.

ARGH!!

Yesterday the teeny tiny little peg that holds Robo's gun inside his leg holster broke off. The little peg that slides into the trigger guard, you know?

It'll still stay in there, but it's not as good.

I'm not a very handy guy...no idea how I would go about rigging up something to fix such a small piece. It would need to be sturdy too, since the gun is supposed to attach to that little peg.

I'm bummed out now. But not bummed enough to buy a whole new figure just for that tiny little peg.

It might hold if I glued it, but I doubt it would be able to bear the "load" of the gun....the gun hangs or rests on that little peg as it's shoved into the leg. I might need to construct some other load-bearing peg but I have no clue what to use or how to make something so small.

for glue use loctite. I had 2 figures that had parts that broke off (the piston broke off of where it attached to the back of the lower leg on my 18", and a piece of shoulder armor on a movie masterpiece TDK batman) and they still hold today.

A particularly depressing quote from Randy in this toyark interview: Interview with NECA's Randy Falk Part 2 - Ultimate 7-Inch Scale Figures - The Toyark - News

Randy Falk: I have spent so much time thinking about who we are doing and what we are including that I have not had much time to think about what won’t work. I guess the only thing that comes to mind could be Robocop with more articulation and a Peter Weller head but we can’t do that under our license so sadly it will remain a dream…

Well then stop dreaming and acquire the ****ing license!! Hot Toys managed to do it!!

If you make it, we WILL buy it!!

A couple of pics of my Robocop display. I have the jet pack Robo and the ED-209. I would like to add at least one figure to it but there really isn't anything else available in 1/10 that I know of.

RoboDisplay.JPG

BFGTime.JPG

Threezero is releasing a new Robocain figure and if it is close enough in scale I would love to recreate this:

GetOffMyBack.jpg

But is would depend on how much Robocain goes for. $350-$400+ and I am probably out. $250-$300 and I would consider it.

NECA ‏@NECA_TOYS 7h7 hours ago
NECA Retweeted
Planning to
NECA added,
@NECA_TOYS will you revisit RoboCop?

Just saw this tweet from NECA. I can't see them making any more actual Robocop variants so hopefully we will get some additional figures from the first two movies.

It would be great to get anything but I would like to have these:

> Clarence Boddicker
> Murphy in OCP uniform
> Lewis in OCP uniform

And of course the ultimate would be to get Robocain.

NECA ‏@NECA_TOYS 2h2 hours ago
NECA Retweeted
not even close

NECA added,
@NECA_TOYS Hey Randy, are you finished with the Robocop line?

I keep hoping that NECA will make a Robocain.

Back