NECA's RoboCop is (NOT) a total bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if Neca is doing anything for the 30th anniversary? I know that we got the gun leg figure in 12 for the 25th. It would be nice if they released an ultimate one like they did for Terminator or Commando (I own the ultimate editions of T2 T800 and Commando John Matrix).

NECA@NECA_TOYS · 3h3 hours ago

Zero as there is nothing else we can do from the film but ED is back out and we have the RvT comic book inspired line coming

@NECA_TOYS hi, what are the chances of Robocop 30th anniversary figures?

Anyone familiar with the Robocop vs. Terminator comics know if we might get something decent from them? I hope its not just more Robo and Endo video game style repaints but actually something worth displaying.

Anyone familiar with the Robocop vs. Terminator comics know if we might get something decent from them? I hope its not just more Robo and Endo video game style repaints but actually something worth displaying.

I'm pretty sure they have something like this planned. Randy talked about a Robo Endo a long time ago.

roboterminator.jpg

There's also the Terminator dogs.

SDCC-2014-NECA-Robocop-vs-Terminator-015.jpg

Beyond that, not much else. Their Terminator and Robocop lines are pretty much dead.

I'm pretty sure they have something like this planned. Randy talked about a Robo Endo a long time ago.

View attachment 339660

There's also the Terminator dogs.

View attachment 339661

Beyond that, not much else. Their Terminator and Robocop lines are pretty much dead.

Hmmm, pass on the Robo Endo. The Terminator dog looks kinda cool. Not sure what I would use if for though... Thanks DiFab.

According to the BBTS listing of the rereleased ED-209 it has new packaging:

Updated window box packaging with opening flap features original illustrations by Jason Edmiston.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=NEC12213&mode=retail

But if the ED-209 on NECA's ebay store is the rerelease then it appears to have the exact same packaging as the original.

Not sure whether to keep my order or not. I've been spending so much this year I could do with just cancelling it. The only 'different' way I could display a second ED is having it in rest mode (my current one is 'active', using the leg extenders)...not sure that's worth it really...

familiar with the Robocop vs. Terminator comics know if we might get something decent from them? I hope its not just more Robo and Endo video game style repaints but actually something worth displaying.

If we're talking about the absolutely superb Frank Miller/Walt Simonson comic, there's a surprising amount for them to go at. For starters they could (and I guess probably will) do all the figures in a similar style to their comic TMNT figures with flat colours and cell shading. ED-209, the T-800, a variety of weird and wonderful designs like animal terminators, future resistance, a Robocop/Terminator hybrid from the end of the story that looked pretty cool, and more besides all show up over the course of the story. It even goes as far as showing a possible future where Skynet wins and creates Terminator spaceships to conquer the universe with. I'd love it if they did new sculpts for Robocop and the T-800 to match Simonson's super-dynamic art but I can't see that happening, really.

If we're talking about the absolutely superb Frank Miller/Walt Simonson comic, there's a surprising amount for them to go at. For starters they could (and I guess probably will) do all the figures in a similar style to their comic TMNT figures with flat colours and cell shading. ED-209, the T-800, a variety of weird and wonderful designs like animal terminators, future resistance, a Robocop/Terminator hybrid from the end of the story that looked pretty cool, and more besides all show up over the course of the story. It even goes as far as showing a possible future where Skynet wins and creates Terminator spaceships to conquer the universe with. I'd love it if they did new sculpts for Robocop and the T-800 to match Simonson's super-dynamic art but I can't see that happening, really.

Cool, thanks for the info. Not sure that I would purchase any of that stuff but it will be interesting to see what they come up with.

According to the BBTS listing of the rereleased ED-209 it has new packaging:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=NEC12213&mode=retail

But if the ED-209 on NECA's ebay store is the rerelease then it appears to have the exact same packaging as the original.

Not sure whether to keep my order or not. I've been spending so much this year I could do with just cancelling it. The only 'different' way I could display a second ED is having it in rest mode (my current one is 'active', using the leg extenders)...not sure that's worth it really...

NECA may have just gotten lazy and showed the old box art on their eBay store. They may have not even bothered to do any promo pics of the new packaging because I did a search on Toyark and the announcement for the re-release shows the old packaging also.

I did just notice something on the pic from BBTS however. I never realized that they made a BD 7" Robocop. It was completely off my radar. I may have to pick one up for my new display were Robo is battling Ed in the OCP building.

NewEd.jpg

Has anyone asked NECA on twitter if this re-release has the window box? I already have 2 of the original but if this release has the window box Ill get 2 more.

NECA may have just gotten lazy and showed the old box art on their eBay store. They may have not even bothered to do any promo pics of the new packaging because I did a search on Toyark and the announcement for the re-release shows the old packaging also.

I did just notice something on the pic from BBTS however. I never realized that they made a BD 7" Robocop. It was completely off my radar. I may have to pick one up for my new display were Robo is battling Ed in the OCP building.

View attachment 339926

yeah that was the 2nd variation of the first Neca (3rd was the glow in the dark one). FYI if you get it you may have to paint the area around where the neck/head attaches to the torso black cause most if not all left that area the same silver color as the rest of the armor, its easy to correct, just remove the head and get a black paint marker paint it, then re attach the head ;).

yeah that was the 2nd variation of the first Neca (3rd was the glow in the dark one). FYI if you get it you may have to paint the area around where the neck/head attaches to the torso black cause most if not all left that area the same silver color as the rest of the armor, its easy to correct, just remove the head and get a black paint marker paint it, then re attach the head ;).

Cool. Thanks for the "heads" up.

Has NECA ever bothered to explain why their Robocop toy isn't articulated enough to pull off Robocop's iconic shooting stance?

robocop-1600x900-c-default.jpg

For anyone interested.

NECA‏@NECA_TOYS 2h2 hours ago

BTS - this has been in the works for a long time. Future Robocop from the @DarkHorseComics RvT series. prototype shown, not final #tbt

DAHQX6-UwAINfc4.jpg

They actually did, it the absolute madmen.

Not a huge fan of NECA but will probably have to buy this. Hope they don't **** up the paintjob.

"Too niche."

Looks like NECA's Robocop line is a total bust.

To un-bust it, and if the license is available for 1/10 scale, NECA should really consider making a Robocain. They could probably make a decent looking figure that would most likely sell for $200-$250.

Threezero's figure is vapor plastic and would probably run $350-$400 if ever released.

And although very nice, I am not shelling out $1300 for this:

chronicle-collectibles-robocop2-cain-01.jpg

Back