NECA's RoboCop is (NOT) a total bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA's RoboCop is a total bust

Here's a few pics of the spring loaded holster Robocop.

First of all, the head is messed up with a scratch on the top of the helmet, damage to near the visor, and damage to the back of the helmet on mines! Apologies for the bad pictures! My brother borrowed my Android so I'm stuck using a cellphone camera!

IMAGE028.jpg

The holster feature is nice! It reminds me of the Hot Toys version (which I have but stored away). You already seen pictures and videos of it on this forum so I don't need to show it.

In terms of flexibility, I'll compare it to the McFarlane's version-

NECA (left) could squat down better because the ankles have a better range of movement.
Image024.jpg

Here's a closer look at the ankles. NECA is on the left while McFarlane's is on the right.
(I noticed the pin came off the piston in this picture. That happens to anything with pins/pistons! You should see McFarlane's Endoskeleton!)
Image025.jpg

NECA (bottom) has a ball jointed upper abdomen so Robo could do a gymnastics bridge. McFarlane's a stiff in the upper abdomen but has a swivel waist (like NECA has)
Image027.jpg

NECA's Robo (left) could spread his arms and legs for a wider stance than McFarlane's (right).
Image026.jpg

NECA's Robo (left) could bring his arms in closer but still can't hold onto a small steering wheel.
Image030.jpg

Here's a few size comparisons -

McFarlane's Robocop (left), NECA's T-800 (middle), and NECA's Robocop (right)
Image032.jpg

From left to right- NECA's T-1000, NECA's Robocop, McFarlane's Robocop (behind Endoskeleton), and NECA's T-800 BD Endoskeleton.
Image034.jpg

From Left to right- NECA's Robocop, McFarlane's Robocop, NECA's Friday the 13th Jason, NECA's Classic Predator, and NECA's Prometheus Engineer. There are Aliens in the background!
Image033.jpg

Cool collection you got there! Thanks for sharing! :clap

I have some similar rough paint on one section of Robo's helmet, but it is relatively minor and unsurprising given the inconsistency of most of Neca's figures, in regards to the paint apps.

Still a great figure overall, though.

Got mine today along with the BD version. Paintjob seems a bit flat, I thought I heard it was better than this. Oh well, no mess at least. Excellent sculpts and articulation though. Certainly the best Robocops I've owned.

I just got the NECA 7" spring-activated leg-holster robocop from TRU. Gotta say the sculpt is much improved from previous version by NECA. I noticed another sculptor redid the figure, and it shows much closer to movie-accuracy. I wonder how it compares with the Mcfarlane version... one minor thing is with this version the head is still a bit narrow.

I took 3 pictures to show how much better it is now.

DSCN0857_zpsa5ff4f49.jpg

DSCN0859_zps49ff0c73.jpg

DSCN0862_zps0a3bbb0c.jpg

Excellent shots there^ Its a great figure, the best toy sculpt we've ever gotten.

Why Neca don't want to relese the new Robo in 1/4? I am sure there are many fans out there who want to buy it.

The older one is probably as good as its going to get paint-wise so no I'd rather look to high-end at this point.

If I remember correctly Enterbay is doing one so I will keep my eyes open.

The last thing they did was show the gun to remind us they're still doing it.

By the way LOL that this thread, with its particular title, has become the default NECA Robocop discussion thread.

Since this is the (un)official thread, allow me to share with you my most recent purchase;

hwd5br.jpg

34ifzib.jpg

And one without the dramatic lighting.
fbmdua.jpg

"Dead or alive, you're coming with me!"

Dear Neca.

I take it back. I eat my words. All the mean stuff I said in the first post. You've proven me wrong.

ED 209!!!!!!!

Is that a prototype or will it actually be scaled down? Looks good.

The Rambo is a 2-up prototype. Which is around 12" tall.

Thats what I thought lol. i was just about to edit my post, thanks!

Oh mein Gott!!

Looks like it says September for ED-209.

Just when I think I'm done with NECA they pull me back in!

I've waited for an ED-209 since I first bought my McFarlane Robocop wow that was many years ago. I'll be picking this baby up!

Just when I think I'm done with NECA they pull me back in!

I've waited for an ED-209 since I first bought my McFarlane Robocop wow that was many years ago. I'll be picking this baby up!

You should pick up the Neca RoboCop figure, it blows away that brittle stylized POS McFarlane figure.

Back