NECA's RoboCop is (NOT) a total bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA's RoboCop is a total bust

Review :wave

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C957Pp0Vazw&feature=plcp[/ame]

I disagree with CelticP here, I thought the previous Robocop from NECA was also pretty good. Although the helmet on mine is a tiny bit lopsided on his cranium.

The only annoyance is their making us double-dip to get the thigh-holster with this figure. IMO their sculpt has always been better than McFarlane, but not the paintjob.

I have the McFarlane Robocop. Poor articulation and the detail in the sculpt isn't up to snuff with what can be done today.

I've held off on buying a newer one because I keep hoping Peter Weller will finally allow his likeness.

Still waiting.

I don't understand how people are hating on Neca's Robo. Firstly, it destroys McFarlane's. No contest. Secondly, you can't really notice it doesn't have the Weller likeness. Neca did a good job with the sculpt of the jaw line and mouth. Why get the Weller likeness anyway? The only benefit would be to display him without the helmet, since a removable helmet like this would look absolutely terrible and bulky actually on the head. (Take the hit or miss Jason Voorhees masks for example) Don't get me wrong, it would be cool to see a REALLY battle damaged robo without the helmet, but I can live without it.

Wow this looks great to me, especially for the price. I'll be on the lookout for him at toysrus.

I think this is a do want for me. I love the 18" version, had the McFarlane one for a few minutes (before the hip snapped off) but never picked up the 1st regular, battle damaged or Glow in the dark.

So yeah, if I see this, I'll buy it. That holster is cool.

I like the packaging art for this one aswell I have to say. Not that I generally care about that particularly. I dunno, I cancelled an order for it I had at Forbidden planet, might reorder with BBTS since I have a pile of loot there anyway.

I want one of these. Don't want to go hunting at TRU, though. BBTS still hasn't gotten their stock. eBay here I go.

I dont think the NECA 'destroys' the McFarlane... sure its so called more accurate... but on display on my shelf side by side, the McFarlane looks more 'polished' and 'classy' and has more presence.. the NECA one looks odd somewhat...

I dont think the NECA 'destroys' the McFarlane... sure its so called more accurate... but on display on my shelf side by side, the McFarlane looks more 'polished' and 'classy' and has more presence.. the NECA one looks odd somewhat...

Do you have side by side pics? Would love to see em.

Man, I wish that guy would calm down in his reviews. And not add extra syllables to the word 'figure'. He pronounces it Fig-ee-ur. It just Fig-ur!!!! And his articulation demonstrations terrify me.

However I approve of his call for an ED-209 by NECA. Just why the **** not?!

Yea,he reminds of a few whiney Jewish kids i've came across in my days.

Man, I wish that guy would calm down in his reviews. And not add extra syllables to the word 'figure'. He pronounces it Fig-ee-ur. It just Fig-ur!!!! And his articulation demonstrations terrify me.

However I approve of his call for an ED-209 by NECA. Just why the **** not?!

Haha yeah he is pretty goofy. But im not sure what you mean by "fig-ur" It's pronounced "Fig-yer" in America.:lol

Back