NECA's RoboCop is (NOT) a total bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA's RoboCop is a total bust

Haha yeah he is pretty goofy. But im not sure what you mean by "fig-ur" It's pronounced "Fig-yer" in America.:lol

Maybe "fig-ur" wasn't a good demonstration of the sound of the word according to my pronunciation. How about "Figger" much like the sound of the 'N' word that I'm not allowed say. Requires less enunciation than saying what it sounds like Review guy is saying - "Fig-yee-er"!

Maybe "fig-ur" wasn't a good demonstration of the sound of the word according to my pronunciation. How about "Figger" much like the sound of the 'N' word that I'm not allowed say. Requires less enunciation than saying what it sounds like Review guy is saying - "Fig-yee-er"!

:lol I guess it just depends on where you live. The pronunciation is different here in America. We say it like "fig-yer" while I guess its pronounced "figger" in other parts of the country. Even when its something like figure skating we still say "fig-yer."

:lol I guess it just depends on where you live. The pronunciation is different here in America. We say it like "fig-yer" while I guess its pronounced "figger" in other parts of the country. Even when its something like figure skating we still say "fig-yer."

So you didn't find his pronunciation in any way exaggerated? Then again his whole manner of speaking is really exaggerated...in his reviews at least.

Do you have side by side pics? Would love to see em.
Unfortunately no, and I dont have the SLR cams most guys here already have to show clear pics.. same blurry stuff but here are quite a few pics of the comparison on the net. You will see what I mean when I say that the finishing on the McF looks better on display

robocop-neca-mcfarlane-1.jpg

robocop-neca-mcfarlane-2.jpg

McFarlane on the left, NECA on the right... Plus the McFarlane's cool base gives it even more visual props

The McF one was great when it came out but, it sucks these days...Neca is way better and with some Future added to the figure it looks awesome.

29xhe8k.jpg

got my neca spring -holster robo today, i really like it.

The McF one was great when it came out but, it sucks these days...Neca is way better and with some Future added to the figure it looks awesome.

29xhe8k.jpg

That looks pretty great. I'm going to steal your idea, thanks! Did you airbrush it on? Is it applied to the whole figure or just the silver bits?

I brushed it on to the whole body and hands everything i think..or you could just dip him in a bowl of it from the neck down then brush the head bits just, not the flesh and i even did his jaw piece to give it a more RoboCop 2 look.

Unfortunately no, and I dont have the SLR cams most guys here already have to show clear pics.. same blurry stuff but here are quite a few pics of the comparison on the net. You will see what I mean when I say that the finishing on the McF looks better on display

robocop-neca-mcfarlane-1.jpg

robocop-neca-mcfarlane-2.jpg

McFarlane on the left, NECA on the right... Plus the McFarlane's cool base gives it even more visual props

The McFarlane looks way better than Neca's.

I saw the glow-in-the-dark repaint and laughed. Kenner Ultra-Police tribute? Seriously?

Yea, seriously awesome of Neca to give us that variant.

The McF one blows ****..its stylized all to ****.

I brushed it on to the whole body and hands everything i think..or you could just dip him in a bowl of it from the neck down then brush the head bits just, not the flesh and i even did his jaw piece to give it a more RoboCop 2 look.

Thanks for the tip.

The McFarlane looks way better than Neca's.

I saw the glow-in-the-dark repaint and laughed. Kenner Ultra-Police tribute? Seriously?

Agreed about the glow in the dark crap but the only way McFarlanes is better is its paint.

I must disagree. The hydraulics on the McFarlane are better. The lips look more like Weller's. The face on the Neca looks like Ash with his face stretched. The dome is better on the McF. The Neca looks like his cranium was sliced off the top. The arm sockets on the Neca stick out ridiculously too far. I have been very pleased with the McFarlane all these years and see no need to buy Neca's.

actually neca's robocop is an older sculpt from about 2005, this is the 18 inch robocop sized down from then .if it were sculpted this year, it would have been more accurate and up to date, i really like mine anyway, and would rather have it more then mcfartlane's any day,because of the spring open holster leg.

Last edited:

actually neca's robocop is an old scuplt from about 2005, this is the 18 inch robocop sized down from then .if it were scuplted this year, it would have been more accurate and up to date, i really like mine, and would rather have it more then mcfartlane's any day.

No wonder it looks so awkward. They shrank the 18". Now that you mention that I can totally see it. That's why it is so off.

Man NECA's paint apps are so thick. It's like slathering instead of painting.

actually neca's robocop is an older sculpt from about 2005, this is the 18 inch robocop sized down from then .if it were sculpted this year, it would have been more accurate and up to date, i really like mine anyway, and would rather have it more then mcfartlane's any day,because of the spring open holster leg.

I think that's a little lazy on NECA's part. Done for a quick buck I suppose.

Back