NECA Retro Colth Mego-esque figures of Jason and Freddy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, just got these in. Jason's great! My only minor complaint is no horizontal articulation in the biceps or elbows so holding things 2-handed looks odd unless he's holding them up in front of his face. :lol

Freddy sucks donkey dong. The wash they did over the head looks like **** with the right side of the head and back of the head being essentially black. The waist on the pants is tailored too tight, making them highwater, which sucks because the boots look more like wingtips (WTF?), and the hat's so small it doesn't even fit. So a-typical NECA on Freddy. Really a bummer there.

Yeah, I tried to have him hold the axe but it doesn't look natural, so the machette is the way I'm going.

This Jason kicks major @$$ for $25.00.:yess: The un-masked head sculpt is great. The only thing I did with this figure is put a couple stitches in the collar to flatten it out a little and it looks much better.

Yeah, I tried to have him hold the axe but it doesn't look natural, so the machette is the way I'm going.

This Jason kicks major @$$ for $25.00.:yess: The un-masked head sculpt is great. The only thing I did with this figure is put a couple stitches in the collar to flatten it out a little and it looks much better.

Ooooh. I want pictures! I'm not sure about these, but it sounds like Jason's the way to go.

Really like these style. Reminded me of my first horror figure, Maxx FX Freddy (In pic below). Still need to pick up Freddy. Only thing I'm not digging his it's normal eye paint/position. Seemed like the batch at my local store had the crazy eyes going on. Wish it was looking straight forward. Here's some pics I took, enjoy....

unnamed3_zps75d40b26.jpg

That used to be a grail of mine. I remember trying to hunt that Freddy figure down at every LCS I went to. Finally saw it on a back shelf at Weekend of Horrors but the $200 price tag put me off asking to see it up close. I'd forgotten about it by the time ebaY came around (yeah, that dates me :lol), and finally held it in my hands a couple years ago and was greatful I never jumped on it. Especially at the asking price. :lol

That used to be a grail of mine. I remember trying to hunt that Freddy figure down at every LCS I went to. Finally saw it on a back shelf at Weekend of Horrors but the $200 price tag put me off asking to see it up close. I'd forgotten about it by the time ebaY came around (yeah, that dates me :lol), and finally held it in my hands a couple years ago and was greatful I never jumped on it. Especially at the asking price. :lol

Around $30 or so on ebay, yeah it was a no brainer for me. I remember my father got this for me when I was a little kid in one of those game room place where you accumulate raffle tickets. God knows who much he spend to reach the amount but he did (Thanks pops! :hi5:).

Too bad this line went dead so fast, would have been great for the rest of the line to have made it out. Especially the Jason one. Going by the proto pics, it look like it would have been the first and only officially licensed Jason figure based on the full Winston makeup!

Around $30 or so on ebay, yeah it was a no brainer for me. I remember my father got this for me when I was a little kid in one of those game room place where you accumulate raffle tickets. God knows who much he spend to reach the amount but he did (Thanks pops! :hi5:).

Too bad this line went dead so fast, would have been great for the rest of the line to have made it out. Especially the Jason one. Going by the proto pics, it look like it would have been the first and only officially licensed Jason figure based on the full Winston makeup!

Yeah, $30 is a good price, I was referring to the $200 tag. :lol

Well, just got these in. Jason's great! My only minor complaint is no horizontal articulation in the biceps or elbows so holding things 2-handed looks odd unless he's holding them up in front of his face. :lol

Freddy sucks donkey dong. The wash they did over the head looks like **** with the right side of the head and back of the head being essentially black. The waist on the pants is tailored too tight, making them highwater, which sucks because the boots look more like wingtips (WTF?), and the hat's so small it doesn't even fit. So a-typical NECA on Freddy. Really a bummer there.

Considering the design on these is "throw back"/Mego era---none of the body posability or clothing complaints would be an issue for me. Paint is a different story. But considering the Mego Thing figure, as well as others, seriously cut corners---I wont judge them too harshly.:wink1:

ThingMego.jpg

:nono Mego had 360-degrees articulation at the wrist though with the wrist peg inserting into the forearm, so had NECA actually put him on a MEGO body, instead of their own generic one, we'd be able to get a 2-handed pose that didn't look awkward. But that's my only gripe with Jason, especially him being a Pt. 3 and coming with the spear gun and axe.

^^^ It's hard to believe that the Mego Thing was one of my favorite figures as a kid.:lol I keep telling my son how lucky he is with all the variety of great super hero figures that he has. Hell, he has at least four versions of the thing alone and I don't even want to think about how many different Iron-Man, Spiderman & Batman figures he has.:thud::lol

^^^ It's hard to believe that the Mego Thing was one of my favorite figures as a kid.:lol I keep telling my son how lucky he is with all the variety of great super hero figures that he has. Hell, he has at least four versions of the thing alone and I don't even want to think about how many different Iron-Man, Spiderman & Batman figures he has.:thud::lol

:exactly:
I had a few Marvel MEGOs and the pre-Super Powers DC figures that had zero leg articulation. They suck by today's standards but were the best we got back then. Then I look at my son frown when he doesn't like the latest Hasbro Marvel Universe Wolverine with over 30pts of articulation. :lol

So it looks like ToysRUs isnt going to carry these. I was hoping they would as the mego style figures usually sell well there.

Someone finally does a Roy Jason and it's a ****ty looking doll?! 7 inch figure better be next!

Sorry, just not a fan of these Mego's.

Oh man that part 2 Jason.

Come on I want to see a retro Myers!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

The Pt 2 Jason looks great and the mego style works for him IMO. Jason was always a function over fashion sort of guy when it came to clothes,:lol so the not-so-great fitting, cheap (Not Hot Toys level) clothes work perfectly here. Plus the puffy collar (which was the only thing that needed a little futzing on my Pt 3 Jason) is hidden by the hood on this one. For $25 consider this bought.:yess:

Last edited:
6-7 more Neca Mego's coming this year...5-6 will be shown at SDCC....could be anybody with all the licenses they have

Good to hear. Hoping that one of those six will be Myers. Pretty sure they mentioned him if the retro jason and freddy did well. They must have to have part 2 and 5 coming out...

I think there's a good chance there's a Leatherface coming eventually as well...but I don't think they have the license anymore for TCM :(

Back