NECA Retro Colth Mego-esque figures of Jason and Freddy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These figures come as a bit of a surprise. Especially since they were movie licenses after the Mego era of toys (yes I'm aware of Maxx Fx).

I hope they give us some wonderful packaging / with some old school illustrations, that would really sell in these figures and give them some much needed merit and nostalgia. Otherwise I don't really see the point in rendering new figures down to look like crappy toys of yesteryear. I'll look forward to seeing the final product.

Totally agree with you on that

It's great that they molded new hands (if they're ripping the Mego bodies off), will look forward to better tailoring. Also ^^^ yes, totally agree. Want to see some old school colour schemes/designs so that vintage look stays intact, otherwise it's pointless.

I'll pick these up if Neca announces Evil Dead 2 Ash...

to have 8" Mego Freddy VS. Jason VS. Ash

I love the look of these i hope they continue this line.I hope we get some realy retro style VHS boxes for the packaging how cool would that be.

I love the look of these i hope they continue this line.I hope we get some realy retro style VHS boxes for the packaging how cool would that be.

Neca Said if these sell well, then a whole line is coming in '14

I really want to see Evil Dead 2 Ash in 8" scale....Michael Myers will be a shoe-in

I can see Scream,Texas chainsaw and other horror stuff Neca has already done coming

NECA update on 8" retro Horror figures.

I would have prefered a VHS style box packaging but these are collector friendly.

Yeah, I widened the eyeholes on the 7 inchers. Didn't use a dremel though.

And yeah, that collar is horrendous. :lol But its Mego style so its supposed to look a bit goofy.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I've got to say... these figures boxed have a certain charm to them. This must be great for Mego lovers. I'm still upset we need no 1/6th or 1/4th from Neca though.

Just found this thread. Very cool that NECA is jumping on the ReMego bandwagon. I like these.

Yeah, I widened the eyeholes on the 7 inchers. Didn't use a dremel though.

And yeah, that collar is horrendous. :lol But its Mego style so its supposed to look a bit goofy.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah,I've never really been into the mego style but these have definitely pulled me in.
Hopefully the line does well enough to get a few more figures out.
Leatherface and Myers at least.

Last edited:
Neca said if these sell well they have a whole lineup coming in '14

I hope to see Evil Dead 2 Ash in his first 8" Mego form...

Likely other candidates will be Michael Myers,Scream,Leatherface and other horror characters they have done in 6" figure form

Neca said if these sell well they have a whole lineup coming in '14

I hope to see Evil Dead 2 Ash in his first 8" Mego form...

Likely other candidates will be Michael Myers,Scream,Leatherface and other horror characters they have done in 6" figure form

:pray::pray::pray: Can't wait till Jason and Freddy get here. Should be shipping soon! :yess:

Carded Freddy.
133592d1381846803-necas-retro-style-freddy-krueger-packaged-1retrofreddypack.jpg

Really liking the card art on these and the fact they have resealable packaging.

Back