NECA Retro Colth Mego-esque figures of Jason and Freddy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carded Freddy.
133592d1381846803-necas-retro-style-freddy-krueger-packaged-1retrofreddypack.jpg

Really liking the card art on these and the fact they have resealable packaging.

You beat me to it mate i realy dig these but yes im old enough that i played with Mego figures.

Im realy hoping this line sells well because these look great and i would love all the Modern Horor classics done in this style.

Randy Faulk was recently interviewed on his 8 "Mego" brand and they are looking at for 8" next year

Michael Myers
Evil Dead 2 (Ash!!!! and some deadites??)
and Rocky

got my set...you guys will really like these...Neca may have a hit on their hands.I thought Zica was good with their Buck Rogers,but Neca might be the new king on the block in mass produced Mego retro.I really hope Neca is not kidding about an 8" Evil Dead Ash,Michael Myers and Rocky

Okay, so my question is: Are these the same sculpts produced for their 7" Action figure line? As in, if I wanted to swap out masks on Jason, are they identical?

The only thing throwing me off is that they list them as 8" scale figures. I'm not sure if they're actually slightly larger, or if it's just the bodies...

Any one have an answer/idea?

Okay, so my question is: Are these the same sculpts produced for their 7" Action figure line? As in, if I wanted to swap out masks on Jason, are they identical?

The only thing throwing me off is that they list them as 8" scale figures. I'm not sure if they're actually slightly larger, or if it's just the bodies...

Any one have an answer/idea?

they are 8" size,like the old Mego's and other 8" action figure dolls...so your answer would be no,they are in scale to an 8" figure

Thanks for the pics, Warlock. So the actually heads are bigger as well. I know it makes sense, but at the same time, I sort of can't believe NECA created entirely new molds just for these figures. (Given the expense. They must really be planning on the line selling well enough to justify the resources.)

I'm thinking this was their way of using all of the leftover Django bodies… The heads and clothes were all they really had to expense...

Thanks for the pics, Warlock. So the actually heads are bigger as well. I know it makes sense, but at the same time, I sort of can't believe NECA created entirely new molds just for these figures. (Given the expense. They must really be planning on the line selling well enough to justify the resources.)

Neca has already said that they sold these beyond expectations through Vendor's orders and that they have big plans to expand their 8 inch Mego format with their current licenses, which they mentioned Michael Myers,Evil Dead 2 and Rocky in an interview

they may even venture into Rambo,Lone Ranger and other licenses.

y/w. yep you can see as well they are an inch taller then other freddy's and wider as well. big feet too lol i dont like that the head doesnt move though... i figured it would move... also he came a little too dirty. they put black all over his head. it hurts the paint job.

y/w. yep you can see as well they are an inch taller then other freddy's and wider as well. big feet too lol i dont like that the head doesnt move though... i figured it would move... also he came a little too dirty. they put black all over his head. it hurts the paint job.

Did you purchase yours directly from NECA, then?

Well, just got these in. Jason's great! My only minor complaint is no horizontal articulation in the biceps or elbows so holding things 2-handed looks odd unless he's holding them up in front of his face. :lol

Freddy sucks donkey dong. The wash they did over the head looks like **** with the right side of the head and back of the head being essentially black. The waist on the pants is tailored too tight, making them highwater, which sucks because the boots look more like wingtips (WTF?), and the hat's so small it doesn't even fit. So a-typical NECA on Freddy. Really a bummer there.

I wasn't going to buy these, but I think I will now since they will be making more characters. Too bad Freddy sucks.

Back