NECA: Rambo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really want this, but i just can't pull the trigger, it looks silly, he looks like he has been dumped in a bath of chip fat, all greasy and slimy.

And what is with the headband ?
In the forest Rambo have this and the accesories of this figure are from this scenes.

NECA is boosting sales of both figures. For die hard fans, it'd take buying 4 figures to build the 3 looks you can from these parts. When Rambo put on the poncho and took out Galt in the chopper, he had no bandana so the figure is accurrate. However, all the accessories are from after he put on the bandana, so even casual buyers might get the survival figure just for parts to use with the first Rambo. Personally, I only want the poncho since my collecting budget is tight, but since these don't get parted out I'll just make one.

I'll definitely be getting all of these. I have to admit, I'm way more excited for the Rambo II and III figures though. I'll buy anything Rambo if it looks good to me, and imo the likeness looks great for 15-20 dollars figures.

As far as the survivor Rambo having sleepy eyes[/B], well, that's how Sly looks most of the time :lol
Hydrangeas_zpsd4e5d5fe.jpg

:lol Exactly, that's Sly in my memory most of the time~~

What is with this sculpt ?

https://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2011/11/NECA-Rocky-Update-3_1322486296.jpg

I know its a Rocky sculpt, but it looks so different than the Rambo sculpt. For me, this sculpt have a way better likeness.

This face is not so long, the nose not so thin, the chin not so long, the eyes not so slrppy and the eyebrow not so high.

And what is with the headband ?
In the forest Rambo have this and the accesories of this figure are from this scenes.

That's the Rocky IV sculpt, but when Shrunken down it doesn't look nearly as good as in that photo.

Got my first Blood today too_Overall it's a very nice figure for the price you pay.
The other First Blood figure will be one of my favourites in my action figure collection though,if not THE favourite.

@snoop101, yes i know but how come the differences in the facesulpts. booth are from Neca and shows the young Stallone. Why they can not use this sculpt for the survival Rambo and add the haires ?

And i dont understand why the final rocky figure looks so different then the proto.
It looks to me like a accident/error in the production.

Compared to the Dutchs, they have the same proportions as the proto.

@Maulfan, with this strategy they make a inaccurate figure.

This headband-less Headsculpt they can use for a Rambo figure from the beginning of the film.

And I think they dont sell more figures with this strategy.

With a headband on the survival sculpt, peoples can switch the head with the firtst version of the figure that shows Rambo at the final. But with the headband-less sculpt you can not make this(when you want a accurate look).

Further, its not really customer freiendly without a second head. The Terminators and Freddys for example have second heads.

If you look at NECA's history, extra heads come with figures and licenses that sell well like Terminator. Rocky line and now Rambo come out with slight variants to maximize sales to justify the expense. Why does NECA bother making figures where they force a need to get both to help sales rather than not do it all, who knows, probably because they're fans and want to do it and are willing to try to make it work. Sure it can suck for us sometimes but in the end we get stuff we could also just as easily not get at all.

They do piss me off with stupid *** variants like their holographic Engineers. It boils my blood when companies put out such characters in the first wave then wonder why they clog pegs and we don't get more popular characters.

They do piss me off with stupid *** variants like their holographic Engineers. It boils my blood when companies put out such characters in the first wave then wonder why they clog pegs and we don't get more popular characters.

It's like the glow-in-the-dark RoboCop. Stupidest variant ever.

There are only so many versions you can do for Robocop so I had no issue with the glowing version.

Well it was a homage to an earlier Robocop figure. It wasn't just something they made up. It was something someone else made up first.

Well it was a homage to an earlier Robocop figure. It wasn't just something they made up. It was something someone else made up first.

There's a reason why the Kenner RoboGlow warmed the pegs in the 90's. ;)

Back