NECA: Rambo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. That's a great sly likeness. Survival Rambo looks much better.

What is the non-marked up price? Everywhere I go online I see an inflated price, even on Amazon.

BBTS has them at 18-19, this is just coming out so some sites, even Amazon will be a bit inflated for now buy $15-$20 is typical for this type of figure.

I just want BBTS or TRU to get them in so I can get one. I wish the non-bandana head was a second head on the set, I want both figures but bandana for both and don't want to spend $15 for an extra head.

It's awesome that the first Rambo sold so well. I can't wait to see what they do with II and III. Hopefully we get a few variants from those films as well. NECA said there still might be retail exclusives of Rocky II figures in 2014 also.

Recieved mine. Likeness is quite ok in person, im happy with it.
Only flaws i see are the rifle strap, way too short, and arm articulation not good at all, not for holding this particular rifle the way i was hoping. Bullet belts look like they are actually glued together, so will have to unstick them if you wana attach to rifle.
Cant wait for Rambo II to be made!

In stock at BBTS, 13 left, put my order in, should have him in a week, sure it costs more but this way I won't have to hunt around, can't wait to finally get a new Rambo :rock

If you add an item to your cart and update the quantity to somethin real high, it automatically makes the total the maximum number left, I've been watching it all week since he came in stock, it was around 26 earlier, today it was 14 before in ordered mine.

I like your new avatar Maulfan! :rock

I think I'll just wait till ToysRus starts to get these, I have bad luck with ordering NECA figures online. I always get the ones with the horrible paint apps. :lol

Got my Rambo last night, and I am VERY happy with him, what an awesome little figure.

First off, it was just exciting as a Rambo fan to be holding an action figure in the package again. It's been YEARS since anyone did a Rambo figure, so long I can't even remember when and where I got my N2 Rambo, and the Mirage one I got off eBay was loose.

As far as the NECA figure, it exceeds my expectations. I've seen the Rocky figures in person and own the Rocky IV figure from NECA, and while good, something about the Stallone portraits in the Rocky line has bothered me with all of them, I really think the eyes throw it off for me, I feel like they often made the Rocky portraits look sleepy, whether that's fault of paint or sculpt, hard to say. However, I feel like this First Blood figure is NECA's best Stallone portrait to date. I was nervous based on some of the convention photos and even some official shots, but I now feel that it's a matter of photos not capturing it yet. I don't have time to do a lot of photos like I normally would just yet, but when I do, I definitely want to show this figure at it's best. Am I going to argue it's the best Stallone/Rambo sculpt ever, no, but for the scale, and compared to others of the past, most definitely. As I mentioned, I've got the N2 Rambo 2 and the Mirage Rambo 2 figures, same scale, and it blows them both away, though N2 really couldn't be much worse :lol. The Stallone snarl even looks great

Looking at some of the galleries of photos posted so far, you might think this figure is limited in posability and display options, but I feel that with time and creativity, you can get more out of it than you'd think, though sometimes, people won't even get the most interesting or varied poses with 1/6 figures that you can, and I hate when people who don't know how to pose or are afraid to try things shun a figure as incapable. Right now, I've got my figure mirroring the classic First Blood poster art from Drew Struzan.

The "diaper" effect is a non issue in my book, you can barely tell, and it does such a good job of hiding the hip articulation, kudos to NECA for the choice.

One thing that isn't apparent just from photos, is NECA's attention to detail. I shouldn't have been, but I was surprised by some of the details NECA captured, mainly with the knife. I didn't realize from photos, but NECA sculpted the strap around the handle. In first blood, the strap that would tie the sheath around his leg was wrapped around the grip on the knife and NECA did this, very impressive attention to detail, especially considering how small the knife is, and even the small detail to the sheath is all their. That said, there's one attention to detail badly overlooked that bothers me a bit and is one complaint I've read and agree with. The machine gun shoulder strap could stand to be bigger, and is also missing the padding portion. The size can be worked with and the missing pad isn't a deal breaker, but I find it curious when collectible makers catch little details you wouldn't expect and miss quite glaring ones. The padding portion of the strap is right there in the Drew Struzan poster art, which NECA even added to the package art.

Overall, for any Rambo fan that wants to collect 7 inch scale figures, this is a wonderful addition to the collection and I'm even more eager to see where this line goes.

Rambo II is coming in 2014....maybe we'll see a prototype at SDCC

Back