NECA: Rambo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the body and overall concept, but unfortunately the face sculpt is making me pass on this one. Hoping for better face sculpts on future Rambo releases.

I like the body and overall concept, but unfortunately the face sculpt is making me pass on this one. Hoping for better face sculpts on future Rambo releases.

Have you seen it in person? I was just ok with the portrait until I got him and now I really like it.

I have not. Unfortunately right now I live in a country that is NECA-less. Hopefully I'll see one at a convention down the road.

However, I've seen plenty of stills and video, and I really think the face looks like a caricature of Rambo.

I'm hoping it looks better in person. In the half of the pictures I have seen it look ok and in the other half it looks horrible.

Here's a quick iPhone photo.

8998606784_309d8fa6ba_o.jpg

He looks great. I'm definitely going to ToysRus to see if they have these.

Got this at TRU today. Disappointed with the sculpt. Rambo looks retarded. If I didn't like the movie so much I would have passed.

Got this at TRU today. Disappointed with the sculpt. Rambo looks retarded. If I didn't like the movie so much I would have passed.

Ya see folks, I'm not the only one that thinks this. :exactly:

Got him a few days ago and it was $17.99 at TRU. Love how they move prices all over the place. I noticed with some of the Batman Movie Masters packs they have changed prices like 3 times.

What do you guys think of the upcoming survivor Rambo? So far I'm liking it. I think the sculpt is an improvement over the first one, and comes with nice accessories. I'm a little disappointed the rug appears to be molded instead of detachable, but still looking good.

Personally, I don't feel like survival portrait is any better, if anything I think he looks sleepier.

I think this first figure is looking bad to people because of the skin. I don't know what happened, but his skin is cast very transparent, compared to my Rocky IV, which I think is an amazing bit of skin work from NECA, this is almost like Hasbro's ghost figures in the Star Wars line. It's so translucent, you lose sculpt details and features, unless you get him under just the right lighting, the face likeness just gets totally lost. I thought the Dutch figures looked similar in pics on this site and now I imagine that's true in person. As far as skin, I feel like Rambo's a step back from NECA's other work, but the sculpt is there. Maybe someday I'll do a repaint on mine.

NECA's known for having some figures coming out lesser than others, I feel like Rambo went to the lesser factory compared to their Predator stuff, not sure how Rocky lucked out.

What do you guys think of the upcoming survivor Rambo? So far I'm liking it. I think the sculpt is an improvement over the first one, and comes with nice accessories. I'm a little disappointed the rug appears to be molded instead of detachable, but still looking good.

I agree, the survivor Rambo looks much better....well the prototype looks much better, the final product, who knows? I hope it looks as good as the prototype. IMO, the Predator Dutch figures from wave 1 are amazing in hand, the skin paint and the sculpt are much better than the Rambo and rocky figures.

Personally, I don't feel like survival portrait is any better, if anything I think he looks sleepier.

I think this first figure is looking bad to people because of the skin. I don't know what happened, but his skin is cast very transparent, compared to my Rocky IV, which I think is an amazing bit of skin work from NECA, this is almost like Hasbro's ghost figures in the Star Wars line. It's so translucent, you lose sculpt details and features, unless you get him under just the right lighting, the face likeness just gets totally lost. I thought the Dutch figures looked similar in pics on this site and now I imagine that's true in person. As far as skin, I feel like Rambo's a step back from NECA's other work, but the sculpt is there. Maybe someday I'll do a repaint on mine.

NECA's known for having some figures coming out lesser than others, I feel like Rambo went to the lesser factory compared to their Predator stuff, not sure how Rocky lucked out.

The Dutch figure looks great in person and in most photos, but that's because the paint on the head sculpt and arms has more details. The Rambo figure looks a bit pale/clean ...for some reason... As far as the survivor Rambo having sleepy eyes, well, that's how Sly looks most of the time :lol

It just looks unexpressive to me, I'd have gone with something like this.

20017_6.jpg

I just feel like NECA tends to make Sly look too neutral, it's Rocky and Rambo, guys in the middle of fighting, and they look stoned.

What is with this sculpt ?

https://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2011/11/NECA-Rocky-Update-3_1322486296.jpg

I know its a Rocky sculpt, but it looks so different than the Rambo sculpt. For me, this sculpt have a way better likeness.

This face is not so long, the nose not so thin, the chin not so long, the eyes not so slrppy and the eyebrow not so high.

And what is with the headband ?
In the forest Rambo have this and the accesories of this figure are from this scenes.

Back