NECA: Rambo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked this up today. Figure is what it is. But from 10 on the rack all 10 had a screwed up left eye. I picked the best out of the bunch! I don't open my new Neca so in a box and storage it goes within a week!

Why in storage so quickly??

Got mine today as well from a local collectables shop. All of them had a lazy left eye, some a lot worse than others. I picked the best one I could of the 6 they had. I might try to repaint the eye. All also had sloppy necklace chords. Mine will have to be redone for sure. Aside from that, the quality is really good, very close to classic planet of the apes quality. He feels very solid. Sculpt is also fantastic. The likeness is certainly there. Also the accessories are first rate imo. Not sure I'll repaint the knife blade or not. Overall I'm pleased.

Looks awesome!! :clap I think it's the best looking figure so far. I'm glad they gave him a new M60 machine gun and not just the same one from the first figure. Only thing that bothers me is that silver knife. Is the bandana red?

Looks awesome!! :clap I think it's the best looking figure so far. I'm glad they gave him a new M60 machine gun and not just the same one from the first figure. Only thing that bothers me is that silver knife. Is the bandana red?

The bandana is a very dark red. Almost brown.

The first figure although very flawed I still think is a bit underrated. I've done my best to doctor up the flesh portions of that figure and replaced the m60 strap so he could actually use it. I love the survival version. It's not perfect either but the likeness and skin tone is improved and the accessories make him an awesome value. Just an all around excellent action figure.

I'll be really curious to see what they do differently, if anything, with the bow version.

The bandana is a very dark red. Almost brown.

The first figure although very flawed I still think is a bit underrated. I've done my best to doctor up the flesh portions of that figure and replaced the m60 strap so he could actually use it. I love the survival version. It's not perfect either but the likeness and skin tone is improved and the accessories make him an awesome value. Just an all around excellent action figure.

I'll be really curious to see what they do differently, if anything, with the bow version.

I think he'll come with a different head sculpt and the AKM machine gun...even though he only used in the beginning when he was wearing the black shirt. Does the new figure have a scar on his face? I cant tell. He had one after he was tortured with his own knife.

Maybe that's too small to sculpt. Then again, he has those scars on his chest and the Coleco Rambo toy had the scar.

q4q1XQZ.jpg

This is how I'm going to pose the figure :yess:

At this scale, I'm ok with the face scar, especially cuz something as prominent as his nose doesn't stand out well depending on lighting and the skin casing. I'm more bothered by the proportions of the chest scars.

BSO-Rambo-II-cover.jpg

Does he have his right bicep scar?

What annoys me is Randy's ego about the accuracy of their work, when it isn't.

Why in storage so quickly??

I love and continue to collect 7inch movie related Neca figures but I don’t have the urge to open and display new figures anymore. The feeling of owning the figures and knowing I have it in my collection is good enough for me. I do still display my old Neca figure (not all) they take residents on the bottom seven shelf of my raised Detolf. Attached is my Rambo next to one of the shelves.

I mainly display Hot Toys now. I guess when you turn 40 things start to change.

Two other reasons

the rising cost of Neca figures today ($22 to $25) prevents me from buying two (one to display the other to keep MOC).
I’m very “****” of spending my collecting funds as I need every dollar for the next expensive Hot Toy purchase!!

I love and continue to collect 7inch movie related Neca figures but I don’t have the urge to open and display new figures anymore. The feeling of owning the figures and knowing I have it in my collection is good enough for me. I do still display my old Neca figure (not all) they take residents on the bottom seven shelf of my raised Detolf. Attached is my Rambo next to one of the shelves.

I mainly display Hot Toys now. I guess when you turn 40 things start to change.

I like your display setup, got any more pictures?

How many paint factories does NECA have in China. I find it hard to believe that this and original Planet of the Apes come from the same factory!!

neca has mostly the cheapest factories in china, doing Rambo and the series 1 and 2 alien line it seems, such great sculpts, but none if any qc, very sad.

Back