NECA - Pacific Rim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Painted Gipsy Danger 2.0.

NECAgd2.jpg

Swankaroo! Got these sob's po'd. Gipsy oughta have #5 on it's left shoulder.

WOW he looks great and looks like he ready to be shipped. hmm I guess he does not come with the plasma cannon? I see the boat, the sword and fists but no cannon?

Yeah, plasmacaster is probably coming with the new battle damaged version. I'm fine with that, considering this one already comes with a new, screen accurate sword and the boat sword.

So my 18" battle damaged Gipsy arrived. Ive had problems with this line from Neca with paint being still tacky and smelling pretty bad.
But this one was off the charts. Gipsy was covered and I mean covered head to toe with very wet, tacky heavy applied black paint. It smelled so bad it gave my family a headache and just touching it just felt aweful.
After 2 days out of the box the smell died a bit but the paint was still very tacky. So I took some household cleaner/degreeser from the cabinet and wiped it down with a rag. To my surprise with no elbow greese at all just light wiping, the black goopey paint just wiped off like hot water over ice cream.
Now that I had a large "clean spot" on my BD gipsy, I decided to clean the rest.
Within minutes my BD Gipsy was cleaner then the standard release because the first Gipsy still did have a light black wash on it and this one was almost completely clean.
Now to be honest im not that all to upset because Neca's battle damage was honestly just heavy handed random black paint dumped and splattered everywhere.It didnt look battle damaged but rather like Gipsy took a mud bath.
Anyway... Just letting everyone know.

IMG_20141001_070852_zpsb07xdf5f.jpg

IMG_20141001_070909_zps3ivsiogd.jpg

IMG_20141001_071148_zpsyldrdhit.jpg

IMG_20141001_071048_zpscxwbkh1m.jpg

Back