NECA ET Replica Stunt Puppet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saw it in person! Unfortunately it was behind glass, so it was very hard to get any pictures that didnt have a horrible glare from the mall in front of it.

My initial thoughts are:

• Typical to NECA the paint work can be a little sloppy. I noticed some spots in the eye paint that could have been much better. Also that red finger.... WHY!?

• I do have concerns about the longevity of the figure. It looked like there already was some cracking on the latex near the seams. It might have just come out like that from manufacturing, I am not sure.

• Size! This thing is pretty darn big! Obviously would would expect it to be big, but its hard to judge until it is in front of you! The head itself is massive.

• Price! $250 for a life sized (Or Nearly) is a rarity. Quality takes a slight hit in this department. You are not getting a premium sideshow life-size figure here, the price refects accordingly. That being said the store this was for sale at is selling them for $375! This is far more than it is listed at Big Bad Toy Store, Entertainment Earth, etc. I imagine in the retail market these will go for a pretty penny.

• Wow factor. This is legit a life sized ET. People in the mall were all crowded around it in passing, which says something. This is ET, and everyone knows it. Is the likeness movie perfect? no definitely not. If anyone is familiar with NECA's action figure versions of E.T. this looks like a literal enlarged version of them. Is that a bad thing? I dont think so.

I think something people should be mindful of QC issues if they do order these. The one I saw definitely had some. Its all the luck of the draw on that front. I find this to be common with all things NECA these days.

9555535183_e7e4c24ebc_b.jpg

9555542783_1dd960f842_b.jpg

9558327326_202738cd78_b.jpg

attachment.php

Last edited:
Awwww so cute! Thanks for the run-down.

He looks to be leaning a little too much forwad though. I wonder if it's from being shipped or just the weight of his head will make all of them sit like this? :dunno

I'm an 80' kid so I have to have this collectible! Funny, I still have a photo of me in my E.T. Pajamas I must have been 5 or so. Any who, a lot places have this to be released between late August, September, and even October luckily Alter Ego Comics has it in stock for 249.99 now! However, they stick it to you on shipping, for example, shipping to CO is costing me 62 dollars while BBTS gave me estimate for 20.00. Go figure, there goes the lower price on it; on a good note, though, I will be getting it much sooner than most for an extra 30 bucks. If you can wait though, Entertainment Earth has free shipping on it (even preorders) and is at the lower pricebut the are estimating on not getting them until October.

If interested in getting one sooner here is the link: https://www.alteregocomics.com/neca-lifesize-et.html

Thought I'd share! Will post photos when I get it. Cheers! :wave

A coworker of mine spotted E.T at the MAGIC tradeshow convention in Vegas this week and snapped a pic of it for me.

577803_10151664979653565_525368401_n.jpg

When I get him I'm giving him a flannel shirt-after all, I can't have him hanging out around the house naked its just not right. Oh, also getting him some Reece's Pieces and, of course, a speak and spell so he won't be bored while I'm at work; hiding my beer, too, he can't have my beer! :nana:

He should be good he can play with the rest of the guys if he really gets bored. :rotfl

Last edited:
Nice! Just got notice from Alter Ego Comics that it has been shipped :yess:. Even got a partial refund for some of the shipping,it was 50 instead of 60. So far really liking this company it was my first order with them.

I almost agree with you there. My concern is that it is way too big to be put behind glass, and I do have concern for the longevity of the latex materials.

But the conflict is that its ET

You're right it is ET, Just get it it's affordable and limited! Chances are that it will outlive you unless you mistreated, of course. Anything after you die is irrelevant. Get it and enjoy it-happy collecting!!! :clap

I almost agree with you there. My concern is that it is way too big to be put behind glass, and I do have concern for the longevity of the latex materials.

But the conflict is that its ET

Maybe if I had a bigger house that'd change things a bit :)

Just saw it in person! Unfortunately it was behind glass, so it was very hard to get any pictures that didnt have a horrible glare from the mall in front of it.

My initial thoughts are:

• Typical to NECA the paint work can be a little sloppy. I noticed some spots in the eye paint that could have been much better. Also that red finger.... WHY!?

• I do have concerns about the longevity of the figure. It looked like there already was some cracking on the latex near the seams. It might have just come out like that from manufacturing, I am not sure.

• Size! This thing is pretty darn big! Obviously would would expect it to be big, but its hard to judge until it is in front of you! The head itself is massive.

• Price! $250 for a life sized (Or Nearly) is a rarity. Quality takes a slight hit in this department. You are not getting a premium sideshow life-size figure here, the price refects accordingly. That being said the store this was for sale at is selling them for $375! This is far more than it is listed at Big Bad Toy Store, Entertainment Earth, etc. I imagine in the retail market these will go for a pretty penny.

• Wow factor. This is legit a life sized ET. People in the mall were all crowded around it in passing, which says something. This is ET, and everyone knows it. Is the likeness movie perfect? no definitely not. If anyone is familiar with NECA's action figure versions of E.T. this looks like a literal enlarged version of them. Is that a bad thing? I dont think so.

I think something people should be mindful of QC issues if they do order these. The one I saw definitely had some. Its all the luck of the draw on that front. I find this to be common with all things NECA these days.

9555535183_e7e4c24ebc_b.jpg

9555542783_1dd960f842_b.jpg

9558327326_202738cd78_b.jpg

attachment.php

That's funny. Emerald Square Mall Toy Vault right? There is another NECA ET behind the glass downstairs on the 1st floor at FYE as well.

I actually got this. Out of all my collectibles this is the only one my wife likes.

Seems like the kind of thing a woman would prefer... What is that used for, anyway? :lol

By the way, this is the ET "stunt" puppet? So I guess the real E.T. refused to do his own stunts?

He's here! Here are pictures! :yess: Any questions ask away.

My review of this piece is one of love and hate, honestly. The puppet (not really) is a wonderful piece only to be appreciated once in your home and displayed. Details are nice and if you got the Gremlins puppet from Neca you are looking at the same level of craftsmanship, which is good and bad. I don't understand why Neca doesn't get it and put some time in the painting department, I know they say its hand painted but hand painted to me means careful and really detailed painting, I guess it means something very different for Neca. The puppet in some parts of it are just sloppy like a 5th grader painted, what a shame for such a masterpiece of a mold. Long story short, I don't regret buying it at all and for 250 minus shipping for such a movie icon it is worth it.

Mine is 651 out 3350 so they are making less than the 4000 that some suspected they were making. :wave

Happy collecting!

Back