NECA - Classic Batman '66 TV Show Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah. it seems like this method won't work in my case. My joint is completely broken off from the connecting piece. It seems like getting a replacement part is the only way to go.

Anyone else got a Robin? Wow. Seems as though it was made by a different company. The skin is spray tan orange and the cape is poorly finished. Perhaps because of the colour of the face, the paintwork on the face looks more crude than it does on Batman. His neck is also the texture of sandpaper, which it definitely wasn't in the series. Sculpting is fine.

So, I like it. I had to have it to go with Batman, but something is off there.

18351881420_03bb47f16a_c.jpg

I tell you, Robin's is worse. Look at the edges. They have been oversewn and the tension must have been off as they are seriously puckered. Also, the shoulders of the cape seem to have been made of the pattern for Batman, as they are too wide for Robin. So, yes. Small, strange blips in quality. I will take a close up of the head tonight so you can see the weird texturing on the neck. Inexplicable.

Mine looks perfect next to Bats. Maybe a different batch. Will try to get some shots posted soon.

EDIT: Just looked at my Robin closely, and I have the sandpaper texture on the neck too. It's hard to see with the way I have him posed. Cape looks good on mine, and the skin color is good. Only the legs are tan to reflect the look of the tights.

Last edited:
Thanks for that. Arms and legs look to be the same colour, perhaps slightly lighter, but your cape edges look a world different from mine. Well, damn (for me. Yay for you). No point me taking this up with the supplier as it took weeks and multiple emails for them to send the bloody thing in the first place (one of those "Oh! Did you not get it? Must have been lost in the post" type insults to one's intelligence). Having said that, my Batman cape edges are smoother than yours, so there just seems to be some variability in product quality here. OK. I will see if ironing over a damp cloth solves it.

Overall, orange face and wriggly cape edges aside, they are great fun, aren't they?

Looked up Entertainment Earth and it is in the US. I am in the UK, so my retailer is no good to you (and wasn't much good to me, either).

I wanted to show the neck texture, which is baffling me. It is a 100% crop of that large picture up there, so crap quality, but it shows you what is what. What were they thinking?

18178927343_4d55b0e544_o.jpg

Legs are supposed to be lighter btw for those who may think that there's a QC issue on the legs...he wears tights in the show...

Back