NECA - Classic Batman '66 TV Show Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got this reply back from NECA about 66 Robin...

“@Psycho_50501: @NECA_TOYS Will 66' Robin 1/4 be shorter than 66' Batman 1/4?” Yes all to scale

Hi all, I've had this figure since it came out and it is great. The only problem is his legs are very loose in the hip, there is a visible gap between the top of the legs and the socket on both sides. Is there anyway of fixing it? Any advice would be appreciated.

^There's a plastic rectangular piece inside the pelvis that houses both leg pegs. The plastic piece that I just mentioned fits inside the pelvis, but is not securely held in place and has a lot of room to wiggle around. That's why his legs are loose/wobbly at the hips.

To fix this, you'll have to:
1. Remove his trunks, which are glued in place to the plastic pelvis (easiest way to do this is cut down the seam along one side of the trunks, then peel them off the pelvis)
2. Open the pelvis by removing the 3 screws.
3. Find the plastic piece that I mentioned above and find a way to make it fit snug inside the pelvis. (I put a bunch of sculpy into the pelvis, pushed the plastic piece into the sculpy, removed the plastic piece, then boiled the pelvis to harden the sculpy). The plastic piece should then fit snug and have little to no wiggle room inside the pelvis, thus eliminating the loose leg problem.
4. Next, reassemble the legs/pelvis, and then superglue the trunks back into place. They're often glued too high on the pelvis, so regluing them in the proper position should take care of the gaps that you mentioned.
5. Superglue the seam that you cut on the trunks, and you should be finished.

Sorry for the long explanation, but hope it makes sense.

Well got this reply from NECA regarding Robin:

“@Psycho_50501: @NECA_TOYS Any idea when we will be seeing 1/4 66' Robin pics?” Maybe sometime next month

^There's a plastic rectangular piece inside the pelvis that houses both leg pegs. The plastic piece that I just mentioned fits inside the pelvis, but is not securely held in place and has a lot of room to wiggle around. That's why his legs are loose/wobbly at the hips.

To fix this, you'll have to:
1. Remove his trunks, which are glued in place to the plastic pelvis (easiest way to do this is cut down the seam along one side of the trunks, then peel them off the pelvis)
2. Open the pelvis by removing the 3 screws.
3. Find the plastic piece that I mentioned above and find a way to make it fit snug inside the pelvis. (I put a bunch of sculpy into the pelvis, pushed the plastic piece into the sculpy, removed the plastic piece, then boiled the pelvis to harden the sculpy). The plastic piece should then fit snug and have little to no wiggle room inside the pelvis, thus eliminating the loose leg problem.
4. Next, reassemble the legs/pelvis, and then superglue the trunks back into place. They're often glued too high on the pelvis, so regluing them in the proper position should take care of the gaps that you mentioned.
5. Superglue the seam that you cut on the trunks, and you should be finished.

Sorry for the long explanation, but hope it makes sense.

thanks for the advice, I'll give it a try :hi5:

My Batman fell off from the shelf and now has a broken hip............ hard to repair ............
It's a sad day for me now that I know Robin is coming so soon.

This is why I have yet to display mine with out some good stands....

My Batman fell off from the shelf and now has a broken hip............ hard to repair ............
It's a sad day for me now that I know Robin is coming so soon.

Sorry about your batman figure. The hip peg is a decent thickness, so you could drill through the broken peg into the leg and then internally fix the peg with a screw. You would have to counter sink the screw and take apart the lower half of the body to do this, but I think it could be repairable.

Either that or buy a new '66 batman. I think it'd at least be worth a try.

^I agree, I picked up a bunch per Sallah's recommendation and they are perfect for NECAs 1/4 BM. They're also less noticeable since they're black. I'm using them on all my NECA 1/4 scale figures (predators, 22" Alien, Robocop etc) and the stands adjust/bend easily to suit each figure nicely. Now, no more shelf dives and no more worries :)

So I ordered some of those Kaiser stands. Anyone know how long they take to ship them?

NECA is aiming for an October release for 66' Robin...

NecaTwitter.jpg

Back