NECA Back to the Future

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was able to get 1985 Marty from a Best Buy yesterday and Cartoon Marty from a Target but no luck finding 2015 Marty or 1955 Biff anywhere. I went to a Walmart that had nothing I could find.

I saw a Tales from Space Marty at my Target today, which is the one of the first times I've ever seen a NECA figure at Target. They always have stickers for them but they're never there.

That's when I realized all those movie poster boxes were NECA figures. I've never noticed them before, it's an interesting choice for packaging, because with just the poster image on the front, they come across as very generic. I would have never guessed that an interesting action figure was inside.

Of course, any time I'd gone to Target looking for NECA figures, the Cartoon Turtles were my target, so I was used to a window box, and seeing the figure inside. Nearly all of the toys in that section are all window boxes, from the Funko Pops and the DC stuff or whatever other crap is over there, you can always see the figure, so a closed flap box is out of the ordinary.

No luck with TFS Marty this weekend but did see plenty of the animated figures. Multiples of each and it didn't look like any had even been touched.

Sweet...thanks for the heads up. I had been checking the website but haven't seen the listing yet. Appreciate it!

I'd be careful about getting these NECA BttF figs from Target right now- this morning I happened to notice the Ultimate 1985 Marty figure (NOT the Tales from Space figure) was available to order on Target.com for in-store pick-up, so I placed an order and got an order confirmation email. When I checked on the order earlier this afternoon, however, it shows that I ordered the Tales from Space figure and I can't find the Ultimate 1985 figure anywhere on Target.com anymore.

It's so strange, since I definitely ordered the Ultimate 1985 figure and my order confirmation email shows that figure, but if I click on the item in the order confirmation email, it takes me to the page for the Tales from Space figure. First time that has ever happened to me! I chatted with Target customer service about it and of course they didn't know anything, they could only request that the order be cancelled. If it doesn't get cancelled, I'll just go to the store and hope that they actually sent me the correct figure. If not, I just won't pick up the Tales from Space figure and will get a refund.

Be wary of ordering NECA products from Target.com. Target doesn’t actually keep inventory for Neca. It’s all stocked through NECAS “Vendors.”

I mean, the worst case scenario you just return whatever you got to Target. As far as I knew from Randy's tweets, NECA has nothing to do with shipping the Target toys and it should be all on Target.

After reading the warnings I decided to just look in store. I was able to find one and it did ring up as "Ultimate Marty" when I checked out. They also had 1985 Marty and 1955 Biff. Left them there and decided to let my BBTS preorder ride.

A quick look in the attic revealed my hover board and DeLorean...sadly the DeLorean is too small to be in scale, but will still look cool as part of a display.

PQdbYhJl.jpg

My Target was poorly stocked for NECA overall, 2 cartoon Biffs and like 8 tales from space Martys, nothing else.

Wow now I see YouTube videos of people getting mislead by Target Online..where they order 85 or 2015 Marty for pick up and they get Tales Marty.

I guess I’ll stick to the original plan and try to find these in store

C’mon now Target :slap

Found them all except Tales from space Marty. Paint work is top notch on all of them. I hope this is the new norm for NECA.

Back