NECA 1/4 Gort Predator!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do a google search for tribal masks. most are very elaborate and ornate looking and they usually correspond with a specific tribal culture. a few are more simple looking but definitely not "plain". they always depict something of spiritual/ceremonial nature that allows the wearer to appear to become something else.

P1's mask would definitely qualify as tribal if it had a painted face on it or some glyphs or something like that. but there's really no ornamentation whatsoever on it. it would need to have at least some sort of ceremonial depictions or markings on it to qualify. don't get me wrong, i think the mask looks awesome. i'm just questioning the "tribal" labelling and there are better examples in other pred masks. i think the P1 mask is purely no-nonsense functional tech.

I should elaborate...coming from an island culture, but growing up in l.a., the idea of americana tiki culture, there are masks "plain" in shape, with elaborate designs, that have the look of a basic primitive mask...and black diamond,shaped eyeholes...almost "decepticon" symbol-like...actual island masks do have elabotrately shaped facets etc...but the idea of a flat surfaced mask with simple eye holes are ingrained in the ideas of what " primal cultures might have in terms of masks...So to that end I get it...n perhaps they consider more fluid or organic to the gort style face...but I totally ger ur point

AXjkbBuCAAAsewu.jpg:large

A very early teaser from Gort 1/4. The gort is very well as a bonus, a special figure.
Anyway, as next NECA should release Elder and City Hunter in 18", many waiting for this.

yes, but quick Money for neca, understandable.
I personelly have no love for Gorts, Faloners or bersekers (spelled correctly ? lol)

For me just the two estimated classics, elder and City Hunter in 18" !

The netting doesnt bother me on my P1. Everything else will probarly looking great on the Gort.

Netting is not so bad, but not accurate agree.

Hot Toys uses too thick netting on predators and Necas is too close together and sit crooked, both should meet in the middle.
However, im not a fan of unknown Predators or wannabe Predators like from the new trash movie with Adrien Brody, thats why i pass.

The netting doesnt bother me on my P1. Everything else will probarly looking great on the Gort.

Hot Toys uses too thick netting on predators and Necas is too close together and sit crooked, both should meet in the middle.
However, im not a fan of unknown Predators or wannabe Predators like from the new trash movie with Adrien Brody, thats why i pass.
It's not the appearance of the netting, it's the material.

Everyone's has been ripping and tearing. It's a huge problem for such an incredible figure.

Where is it available for preorder?

He doesn't

This is an unknown Predator? I guess maybe for you. Come back 1 year

129149928929005198.jpg

It's not the appearance of the netting, it's the material.

Everyone's has been ripping and tearing. It's a huge problem for such an incredible figure.

true, but it's still 3x cheaper than a regular HT Pred. I'll take em all at 1/5 scale for the price. Catch em all like Pokemon. Too bad I have to have them all repainted too :slap

Did not read the end of his post..

Not gonna start with the whole "Predators is trash cuz no big musclez and copy of originalz" crap again. BUT, Gort is NNNOOOOTTT an unknown Predator.

To the fans, atleast. Gort's Bio mask was originally made for P1, but they thought the design of the Bio was too similar to the Predator's face, so they changed it into the Bio we saw in the movie.

Gort's Bio was later used on one of the Lost Hunters at the end of Predator 2..

And Azurpred, Yeah.. It's cheaper, that's great.. But there is no point in purchasing them if they come with NO netting, you know?

Dunno what you mean about the paint, because the paint on these 18 inchers is wonderful..

Did not read the end of his post..

Not gonna start with the whole "Predators is trash cuz no big musclez and copy of originalz" crap again. BUT, Gort is NNNOOOOTTT an unknown Predator.

To the fans, atleast. Gort's Bio mask was originally made for P1, but they thought the design of the Bio was too similar to the Predator's face, so they changed it into the Bio we saw in the movie.

Gort's Bio was later used on one of the Lost Hunters at the end of Predator 2..

And Azurpred, Yeah.. It's cheaper, that's great.. But there is no point in purchasing them if they come with NO netting, you know?

Dunno what you mean about the paint, because the paint on these 18 inchers is wonderful..

Predators didn't suck cause of no muscles, but it did suck because it did copy the original :lol:wave. You know how you rectify constant breaking of the netting? Stop playing with them all the time. Pick a pose and go with it. I know that a lot came with broken netting out of the box, but do the above, and you won't get more breakage. A dust tight case wouldn't hurt either. The paint isn't bad, it's just not up to my standards.

PREDATORS was not a copy of the original, at all. You're mistaking that for the fact that there hasn't been a Predator movie in theaters in over 20 years, and they were trying to bring back that classic feeling..

As for NECA's beauty, I have had mine in the same pose, on the same shelf, for over 3 months. I have ONE tear in the netting. But I'm always reading hundreds of comments from people saying their's are tearing everywhere, etc.

I assume I just got extremely lucky with mine.. But since they are tearing, I would really rather not risk spending another $80 on one until they use a different material..

PREDATORS was not a copy of the original, at all. You're mistaking that for the fact that there hasn't been a Predator movie in theaters in over 20 years, and they were trying to bring back that classic feeling..

As for NECA's beauty, I have had mine in the same pose, on the same shelf, for over 3 months. I have ONE tear in the netting. But I'm always reading hundreds of comments from people saying their's are tearing everywhere, etc.

I assume I just got extremely lucky with mine.. But since they are tearing, I would really rather not risk spending another $80 on one until they use a different material..

dust can effect the material if it is cheap and loose, which it is, that's why I recommend a case for them.

That's cool if that's how you see the Predators film, but when plenty of scenes are obviously copycat with the original, not to mention the music in many scenes was exactly a copycat. The classic Pred wasn't a homeage in my eyes, it was a cheap and lazy way to try and get people to come see his movie. If RR had respect for Stan, he wouldn't have made Classic look like a little weak ass _____ Pred.

Some people say they were trying to bring back the "feeling", but it was completely unecessary and it completely failed because it had the same exact feeling of the original. That's why so many films that try to bring back the "feeling" of the original fails; people don't want to see that, they want new and original ideas. AVP did so well in the theatres, not cause it was PG-13, it was because it was new and original.

I think some people love the movie becuase it had the same feeling and some hated it because it had that same feeling. I want something new.

When I watch Predators, I can feel the original, but the atmosphere is entirely different. If that makes any sense.
It still feels like an entirely different movie, not like a cheap copy..

I think most people see the similarities and automatically think it's a crappy copy. Like, they focus on them only, and forget everything else in the movie.

But whatever, I love the movie. I love every A/P movie out there. Yep, even AvP:R, although it is a very poor movie.. Just feels comfortable and enjoyable to me.

but anyway.. About the netting. I don't think dust is the reason it's tearing, though. It's just, as you said, cheap. Seems like just touching it causes it to tear.

..I'm always dusting my figures/collectibles, by the way..

Awesome.

I don't know what i will do when i get him though. Will probably take off all his bone trophies and shoulder cannon just so it doesnt look like the same figure as P1.

Back