NECA 1/4 Gort Predator!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, to fix this problem, pretend like it says 1/5 on the box, and your tear ducts can cease activity.
Wrong

To fix the problem, the mass producing company can get their god damn scales right. It's not even a big issue to me, so don't get all _____y.

Just stating the facts. The company lied, people have a right to be pissed.

Its a giant predator for a good price...I'll get more than likely. No reason to cry over minor details.

Come on guys. You can't mention or have even the briefest of exchanges about a 'bad point' around here without people jumping on you and exaggerating the extent of the so called 'crying, p!$$ing and moaning'. And you only make the discussion get dragged out longer than it otherwise would have by making people feel the need to reassure you that they weren't crying and p!$$ing and moaning - they were simply taking advantage of a talking point about a figure - as is perfectly acceptable to do on a discussion forum.

Wrong

To fix the problem, the mass producing company can get their god damn scales right. It's not even a big issue to me, so don't get all _____y.

Just stating the facts. The company lied, people have a right to be pissed.

I've always just heard it as the 18 inch predator, so I'm fine with it. Early on they also made many size comparisons with their other figures such as the 18 inch alien, so consumers knew what they were getting before they got it. It's not like anybody got ripped :dunno

Anyhoo...I was excited when I found the news and wanted to share it with fellow collectors.:1-1:

I've always just heard it as the 18 inch predator, so I'm fine with it. Early on they also made many size comparisons with their other figures such as the 18 inch alien, so consumers knew what they were getting before they got it. It's not like anybody got ripped :dunno

The thing was advertised and sold as 1/4 scale. It's on their advertisements, it's on the box. It wasn't close.

Anyhoo...I was excited when I found the news and wanted to share it with fellow collectors.:1-1:

I think its good news whether one is interested in having a large scale P1 wearing a Gort mask or not. I just hope that if this one flops it doesn't dissuade them from releasing the ones that more people ultimately want like P2 city hunter or the actual Lost tribe from end of P2. It'd be NECA's fault and misjudgment not ours.

I know this is the wrong thead but I have troulbe keeping up with Neca products and it saves opening another. Hell , I've had trouble keeping up with hot toys lately.

Are Neca doing the lost predators and if they are in which scale ?.
I'm sure I saw a photo of figures of them from Neca.

I know this is the wrong thead but I have troulbe keeping up with Neca products and it saves opening another. Hell , I've had trouble keeping up with hot toys lately.

Are Neca doing the lost predators and if they are in which scale ?.
I'm sure I saw a photo of figures of them from Neca.

They are but only in the 7" range at the moment. The Elder Predator is first up and has only started hitting stores now.

the 7" lost preds start coming out in Series 4 this fall. and there's probably gonna be at least one version of the P2/City Hunter in each series. so to get through all 8 of them, they'll be pretty much all of the Predator franchise figures coming out for at least a year. and they'll probably be finished just in time for the Predators sequel. which i'm sure NECA already has locked down as well. hopefully, we'll get some Alien stuff in there at some point too. there's plenty of those left to make.

just wanted to chime in about the quarter scale issue...they are merely going by the average 6' ,human being in which case 18" is basically 1/4 scale...just like ss collectibles said that their "legendary" line which is 1/2 scale will all be roughly 36" doesnt mean a neytiri will be a 5' figure....its on the 1/2 scale to a person....they say quarter scale so you can compare it to yourself 1/4 of ideal average joes height..just like medicom's rah's are all 1/6 average joes height..

just wanted to chime in about the quarter scale issue...they are merely going by the average 6' ,human being in which case 18" is basically 1/4 scale...just like ss collectibles said that their "legendary" line which is 1/2 scale will all be roughly 36" doesnt mean a neytiri will be a 5' figure....its on the 1/2 scale to a person....they say quarter scale so you can compare it to yourself 1/4 of ideal average joes height..just like medicom's rah's are all 1/6 average joes height..
they've never said what happened with the scale, but it seems like it's something like that. i'm betting they decided true 1:4 scale would be too big and therefore too expensive. so now we got a 1:5 scale pred that's not to scale with a damn thing.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU27LG2vhMk"]‪Meh Eh Eh insanity- Grandpa Phil from Hey Arnold goes "Meh eh eeeehh" for 5 minutes!‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Is this being advertised as Gort Predator or Original Predator design with Gort mask? I'm worried some buyers will think it's the Gort we saw in Predator 2.

Is this being advertised as Gort Predator or Original Predator design with Gort mask? I'm worried some buyers will think it's the Gort we saw in Predator 2.

Well I'm sure fans in here and any decent Predator fan in general knows we're talking about P1 with Gort mask. For any other customers I wouldnt be so sure...:wink1:

Has anyone here ever ordered anything from them or should I wait until CSC has them up for preorder? If they're reliable I'll order mine right now.

I just don't want to run into another situation like I did with Amoktime with the P1 Pred triplets.

Meh, I could really care less about the scale problem, it's been talked to death in the other P1 thread, and I'm not exactly foaming at the mouth for this particular variant, either, but hey, the more the merrier.

I look at it as a stepping stone towards getting us closer to NECA giving us a P2 Pred.

Back