NECA 1/4 Gort Predator!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah that's exactly what I was thinking at first, I guess if there are 5000 fans that know about this Bio mask and want it we are good to go,

lets hope for the best

I think it's OK some will have no idea about the Gort mask. It looks so cool some will say WOW that's cool I must get this. I'm sure we'll print on the box the origins of the mask and some will read it and think cool I'll get this.
It's going to look so cool and I think those that miss it will regret it later. I sure would.

Or what? remember what these cost and what you get? We're not making a 200 dollar HT figure right? Wish we would on certain figures.
OR I'LL HUNT YOU DOWN!

No but seriously. Throw another $30 on them and improve the netting. Have you read about the ripped netting problems? It's pretty bad..

I get that you're NECA and all, but it's almost like giving us a figure with no legs or something.. You guys can improve the netting without going into the high-end category.

Really, it's just the tearing. I think most people are okay with how inaccurate it is, but when it just starts ripping apart in front of their eyes....

Or what? remember what these cost and what you get? We're not making a 200 dollar HT figure right? Wish we would on certain figures.

i guess if Neca Relesases pics of it sooner and we see it some of us might think of getting it,

im just thinking about buying one just so that they make P2 lol

I would say no...we are the exception. Were nerds who love predator and we research collect figures and statues. Our idea of being a fan is much different than the guy who says hes a fan because he loves the movies, but outside of the movies doesnt collect, research or do anything else involved around predator than say watch the movies.

:lol..........pretty much

I think it's OK some will have no idea about the Gort mask. It looks so cool some will say WOW that's cool I must get this. I'm sure we'll print on the box the origins of the mask and some will read it and think cool I'll get this.
It's going to look so cool and I think those that miss it will regret it later. I sure would.

good idea about a back story concerning the original P1 Bio. People would pay $50 alone for a good skull trophy in this scale. The P1 body is already done, so focusing on the sculpt and execution on the Bio and Trophy is very important on this one.

Hell yeah you're thinking what I'm thinking and not only that if the boss never lets us make P2 fans will at least get the best Pred mask ever. Gort mask is so freaking cool. My HT P1 has the HT gort mask on his face and it really looks cool. This gort thing was my idea from the start and as a huge fan I want a P1 with his original mask which is my personal favorite. I can't wait for the first test shots.

:hi5: tankman!

I think the Gort mask is cool too, I'd just rather it on the actual Gort Predator. I'd be more likely to buy that.

I bought all 3 of the original ones, but this one just doesn't float my boat. It seems like a bit of a cheap ploy to make some more money, since they've already got the sculpt for everything but the head, and they already kind of did a bit of a money grab with the 3 variants due to no interchangeable head.

Just release P2 in this scale already! :monkey2

If the new one has some more hands or other goodies that could help to mod my 3 P1 i am in. Personally i don't care for the Gort-Masked head.

Id love to have all the helmets on the 1/4 scale preds. So when that Gort hits I'll easily pick it up. I have a closed mouth pred as well, but id rather have all the masked preds for sure. I really do love the Gort helmet over the one that was chosen. While I love the iconic helmet that we all have, something about Gorts helmet looks very creepy and more monster'ish to me. Regardless there both awesome.

Id love to have all the helmets on the 1/4 scale preds. So when that Gort hits I'll easily pick it up. I have a closed mouth pred as well, but id rather have all the masked preds for sure. I really do love the Gort helmet over the one that was chosen. While I love the iconic helmet that we all have,something about Gorts helmet looks very creepy and more monster'ish to me. Regardless there both awesome.

:exactly: :goodpost:

It was meant to look like a mechanical version of the Predator's face basically.. While the Bio they chose is more tribal, and kind of...erm..blank.

So that would be why you think it looks more monsterish, it's supposed to.

...And I agree, they are both awesome.

i don't get how the P1 helmet is considered "tribal". there's nothing really culturally evocative or ornate about it. in fact, it's really non-specific and bland. it's whatever the opposite of tribal is. i think it's pretty much just there to set up the reveal of his face at the end of the movie.

the Gort mask could be considered tribal though. it does kinda look like a predator face.

i don't get how the P1 helmet is considered "tribal". there's nothing really culturally evocative or ornate about it. in fact, it's really non-specific and bland. it's whatever the opposite of tribal is. i think it's pretty much just there to set up the reveal of his face at the end of the movie.

the Gort mask could be considered tribal though. it does kinda look like a predator face.
Maybe tribal isn't the right word..

I get the whole bland thing, but it's more than that..

It's all, bland and stuff.. But not bland.. Ya know...

:lol

well you weren't the first to call it "tribal" though. it might have been someone who worked on the movie. but i don't see the connection.

well you weren't the first to call it "tribal" though. it might have been someone who worked on the movie. but i don't see the connection.

I guess you could call it tribal if you think about how some island cultures would make make masks out of very plain pieces of wood with eye holes cut out...face painted on...

I guess you could call it tribal if you think about how some island cultures would make make masks out of very plain pieces of wood with eye holes cut out...face painted on...
do a google search for tribal masks. most are very elaborate and ornate looking and they usually correspond with a specific tribal culture. a few are more simple looking but definitely not "plain". they always depict something of spiritual/ceremonial nature that allows the wearer to appear to become something else.

P1's mask would definitely qualify as tribal if it had a painted face on it or some glyphs or something like that. but there's really no ornamentation whatsoever on it. it would need to have at least some sort of ceremonial depictions or markings on it to qualify. don't get me wrong, i think the mask looks awesome. i'm just questioning the "tribal" labelling and there are better examples in other pred masks. i think the P1 mask is purely no-nonsense functional tech.

Back