Action Figure NECA 1/10 (7") Batman Begins & Arkham City Harley Quinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Appreciate it man, had to get two at that price. It didn't ring up in the system though, manager had to manually override. They said if there were sales tags up,they needed to come down.

From the way they made it sound, it was a sale that has expired, but it couldn't hurt to try. Especially if you see any tags on the peg hooks in the regular DC toy aisle.

From the way they made it sound, it was a sale that has expired, but it couldn't hurt to try. Especially if you see any tags on the peg hooks in the regular DC toy aisle.
thanks ill give it a try, i just stop by the doral store again in hopes of finding them but nothing. i did however find a sign by the dc toys that saids "20% off all dc toys, dolls, roleplay from 11/27 to 12/3" so it looks like the sale ends this Saturday.

Checked my TRU again and they still haven't gotten any of the Batman figures in. They put out tons of Harleys last week. What the hell. They even checked up front and in back for any NECA boxes they may have missed but still nothing. Thought the Harleys and Batmans were being shipped out to stores together?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Managed to get a Batman finally. Checked a new TRU, only had 3 left, one had good eyes but a bent ear, another both ears were a mess, the one I got needs an eye touch up but the rest is great.

That's why I posted it, glad it helped you out. $15.99 for these is a sweet deal, especially when you consider the $20 Black Series, Marvel Legends, Legacy Power Rangers and Mattel figures.

How do you get the 20% off? Mine ringed up at full price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you get the 20% off? Mine ringed up at full price.

I think I figured it out, showed them the weekly ad that shows 20% off on all dc figures. Although the system doesn't automatically take it off, they can manually take off the 20% if you show them the ad. YMMV, though.

My TRU wouldn't honor the 20%, they had them in the collector isle with other NECA figures and not the DC section, I asked but they said no.

My TRU wouldn't honor the 20%, they had them in the collector isle with other NECA figures and not the DC section, I asked but they said no.

Mine did as well. I'd say try it out, but not all stores (or depending who you go to) won't honor it.

With mine, they accidentally put them in the Mattel DC section and had the red 20% off labels for all DC products on top of the price labels. They were on 4 of the 5 peg hooks for the NECA Batman. The cashier that rang them up is the same one that put them out (I thought only NECA representatives did that) so he was like "this is DC product, it's supposed to be on sale". I didn't argue. But yeah, I'm sure these belong in the Collector Corner section but, as with years prior, I don't think Toys R Us ever gets the memo.

It's so strange how these were never officially announced by NECA or Toys R Us. No advertisment, no ad in the TRU catalog, no info on NECA's site or on their twitter. Nothing. They don't even have a Toys R Us exclusive sticker on them. I'm not complaining, but I'd like to know how they were able to get these out there without a promotion or bundle deal. Wonder if they're doing that so Mattel doesn't catch wind of it. Unless the contract loophole stuff has always just been a load of BS.

If you're close, hit up the Bay Plaza TRU in the Bronx, they just got in around 15 Harley's and maybe 20 Batman's. It was my last stop after about 10 stores in NYC so I was incredibly happy to find them.

Thank you! Just picked it up as we speak. They still have 10 left. Really appreciate the tip!

Yeah, definite YMMV on this one. What the system probably really means is 20% off all Mattel DC toys. I'd bet any thing like a Funko DC character wouldnt ring up on sale either. In my case, I thought (and was dreading) having to explain Batman=DC Comics/Universe, but the cashier was familiar with the two. So they just thought it didn't ring up because it was an expired sale.

Unless the contract loophole stuff has always just been a load of BS.

I have a dumb theory about it, I'm probably dead wrong though.
Spoiler Spoiler:

EDIT: I just checked the copyrights on Bale & Harley's packaging, and they both say "WBEI" (Warner Bros. Entertainment Interactive) on the bottom, but the Keaton Batman & Reeve Superman don't. Is there anyone who can check to see if Ledger or West have the "WBEI" logo?

It's the only thing I could find.

Last edited:
Seeing the Movie Masters figures again makes me even more glad this Begins figure came out, I had their Begins and TDK figures and they weren't that good.

I have a dumb theory about it, I'm probably dead wrong though.
Spoiler Spoiler:

EDIT: I just checked the copyrights on Bale & Harley's packaging, and they both say "WBEI" (Warner Bros. Entertainment Interactive) on the bottom, but the Keaton Batman & Reeve Superman don't. Is there anyone who can check to see if Ledger or West have the "WBEI" logo?

It's the only thing I could find.

You could be on to something.

IMG_4541.JPG
IMG_4542.JPG

Seeing the Movie Masters figures again makes me even more glad this Begins figure came out, I had their Begins and TDK figures and they weren't that good.

I liked the Movie Masters line. The first couple of waves were great, TDK Batman, the Gotham City Thug, Scarecrow, Fear Toxin Batman, the Batpod etc. For me it was good up until that last wave that had those crappy repaints like "Sonar Batman" and the business suit Scarecrow. They got lazy. I don't like TDKR, but all those figures and the CnC batsignal were pretty nice.

My two major hangups with it were the lack of accessories (would it have killed them to have a grapple gun for Batman and a pistol for Joker and the thug?) and how underscale the Begins Batman was in comparison to the line. Two areas that NECA rectified.

The NECA Begins Batman kills the little pipsqueak MM Begins Batman, but I still think NECA could have done a better job in terms of the head/cowl, the implementation of the cape clips and a few much needed articulation points like a bicep swivel (something the MM batman had). Bale shouldn't be so tall, certainly not taller than West, Ledger and Reeve. They retooled Keaton and West specifically for 7" (improved Keaton's cowl, got rid of ears and hair for the Keaton head for a better look and fit, got rid of West's unsightly ab crunch with a superior, vinyl cheat piece with hidden an crunch). I don't see why they didn't make little tweaks to Bale.

Last edited:
Very interesting and good catch, I totally missed that the 7" figure didnt share the same packaging design/graphics as the 18", like the others have.

Very interesting and good catch, I totally missed that the 7" figure didnt share the same packaging design/graphics as the 18", like the others have.
Yeah, someone tweeted randy about it and he said its no much a homage but, they used the "style guide" for the batman begins merchandise. i mean it is a nice touch on their part but i would have preferred the grey 1/4 box design.

The plot thickens...?

Yeah, someone tweeted randy about it and he said its no much a homage but, they used the "style guide" for the batman begins merchandise. i mean it is a nice touch on their part but i would have preferred the grey 1/4 box design.

That makes it seem even weirder that they didn't use the same box design for the 1/4th and 7", unless the "Dark Knight Trilogy" name is a different animal entirely.

I think they could be full of **** about that not being done in Mattel style.

Yes, the artist rendering of Batman in the lower left hand corner is from a style guide for merchandise (Hot Toys used the same rendering), true, but that city, the bats, the brown/yellow graduation? That layout was done by Mattel's graphic designers.

IMG_4564.JPG
IMG_4562.JPG
IMG_4563.JPG

vs.

IMG_4566.JPG
IMG_4565.JPG
IMG_4567.JPG

Even has the side illustrations of the toy in action on either side of the box like this one does.

Last edited:
Back