Action Figure NECA 1/10 (7") Batman Begins & Arkham City Harley Quinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't care, I have an amazing 7" Bale Batman after having to sell off my Hot toys collection. I have West, Keaton and Bale, my 3 favorite Batmans, in the same scale, highly accurate, with each Batmobile in 1/18 scale to display along side them. I don't often get to complete out a segment of my collection like this and I couldn't be happier with the quality of the figures.

Yeah, but you're not even slightly interested in how this was possible after years of being told "we can't do it, not possible, contract issues, loopholes only"?

Of course I appreciate that we got these, I've always wanted figures like this, but I'm just a little suspect about how the deal was made this time. It's kind of been a talking point of this line since the video game Batman from 2014. Every year they contradict themselves and it's like "well, do you have the rights to do 7" WB/DC figures or not"?

Yeah it's fun to speculate. I also want to play devil's advocate and bring up on the subject of Mattel packaging that they've done similar stuff with the Kenner inspired packaging designs for Aliens and Predator. They even did it with Rambo and the old Colleco style card.

The way I see it, I can only imagine there is some contractual hook keeping them from mass release. While new stock of previous figures seem to show up, the new figures still only come out around Thanksgiving, are limited to 2 or 3 and that's it. Given the sales success and wide praise, if NECA could just freely produce these, I'd imagine they would.

None of the Mattel figures came with the little bombs or the shoe sonar, and they cut those from the 7" release. Could've been done because they're hard to make in that scale, but who knows.

Yeah it's fun to speculate. I also want to play devil's advocate and bring up on the subject of Mattel packaging that they've done similar stuff with the Kenner inspired packaging designs for Aliens and Predator. They even did it with Rambo and the old Colleco style card.

They also used the Batman '89 toyline box design for the Keaton figure.

necabats01.jpg

1053769.jpg

Last edited:
Went to my TRUs yesterday just to see what they got and per usual they just have an over abundance of the crap I've seen since August. :pfft:

No 7" Bales or Harley's yet, but I'm sure I'll be seeing them before Christmas

Re: NECA 1/10 (7") Batman Begins & Arkham City Harley Quinn

Went to my TRUs yesterday just to see what they got and per usual they just have an over abundance of the crap I've seen since August. :pfft:

No 7" Bales or Harley's yet, but I'm sure I'll be seeing them before Christmas

Got my Harley yesterday and they had about 12 each

Well, I was wrong about "WBEI" standing for "Warner Bros. Entertainment Interactive", which should've been obvious. I just found out it stands for Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.

https://www.warnerbros.com/studio/divisions/warner-bros-entertainment-inc

I still think the Bale Batman has something to do with the Mattel line, I'm just not sure how. They obviously used Mattel's designs for the boxart. They even use the same font for certain text.

Look at the font for "Action Cape Batman" here:

MTH1386lg.jpg

Now look at the text here for "Includes: 2 sets of Hands, 2 different Batarangs, Grapnel Gun & Gun Clip":

s-l1600.jpg

The only difference is that the original figures have all of the letters capitalized. I'll keep trying to find what I can.

Got my Harley yesterday and they had about 12 each

They just used the marketing package that Mattel was given by WB back in the day. Randy said it the other day in Twitter as well. It's just following the provided, corporate promotion template materials.

neca.jpg

There were no home videos, dvd or blu ray, offered with this Batman and Harley . . .

My TRU put them with NECA where many put it with the rest of Batman, I think TRU is definitely a factor, my experience with them as a store is they don't have it together, but they're also the only toy specific store so they aren't pressured to have a better game.

My TRU put them with NECA where many put it with the rest of Batman, I think TRU is definitely a factor, my experience with them as a store is they don't have it together, but they're also the only toy specific store so they aren't pressured to have a better game.

I was able to get Harley and Batman for 20% off. Pretty nice deal. Surprisingly most of the paint applications on the Batmen I saw were pretty good. I think only one or two were really awful but there was like 6 more that were pretty decent.

Got em, love em. I didn't think I wanted a Batman Begins figure, but leave it to NECA to make me want it. Harley is great, a bit of a dead stare but that's not really inaccurate to AC. In anticipation for these, I'd also fixed up Joker. I was never happy with his head, but some more black around the eyes and red around the lips and perfection.
a0db0b141ae9b298113c66d7447b43ec.jpg

da05ff4bcd80ce87e4338e7915e9b87d.jpg

ed5b828191d8fad7867ebd79125493d4.jpg

f1cb9fd3a3833aa6d9f702bb9aa8ebcc.jpg

a8663eeeb03f9606714e4dc40bdb61d2.jpg
15a1205fdee4478d9da1f3f17fe1e367.jpg
4cbc8f05717b94ab045ec31073b2eb1a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Toys R Us on had one Batman and he was extremely derpy looking. Paint always seems to be NECAs weak point.
image-0-02-02-9afe0e82617797f9b4cbb2f613488bc50e0364ecf78aa8b4fe9f77be779fa12e-V.jpg

Back