NBC Adapting DC Comics' 'Constantine' With David Goyer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this week's episode was the best, so far. I hope the show continues along this path, in terms of quality. I assume that this week's call back to the Newcastle incident mentioned in the pilot is something that will continue to be given more time, as the season plays out. This week's episode struck me as more effective than previous weeks', in terms of conveying the emotional toll, both the Newcastle incident, and the loss of his friends has had on Constantine.

The show gets better each week. It's one of the few shows I look forward to watching weekly instead of letting a bunch build up on the DVR. They're doing a great job with Constantine's character. I liked the movie but this guy blows Keanu Reeves away. I really hope it gets to stick around.

I just want the guy's clothes to look as good as he does. I'd love to see them go down the road where his appearance starts to reflect how he's seen by people. So, as Zed begins to realize that this guy is kind of a piece of ****, his shirts get a little yellower, his coat gets a bit more stained, and so on. They got the style right, but jesus, have these people never heard of weathering? :lol

stupid NBC blocking free viewing online? most of the first epi so free but not the last part? wut the if! like isn't nbc free anyway? gonna have to use that cable channel again.

first epi lookin good thus so

Wow. Some serious dark story line. I'm gonna watch the duration of this series. I like the demon stuff obviously borrowed by previous tv shows like buffy and supernatural from the constantine comic book.

While I didn't think this week's episode was quite as good as the week before, I still really enjoyed it. The team up with Papa Midnite was cool. And the hint about what eventually will happen to Corrigan, through one of Zed's visions, I thought, was a really cool way to tease something that might happen down the road, in a future episode. I'm starting to feel like they're making some strides in making Constantine and his supporting cast more interesting. Getting to see each of them use their abilities has helped some. Also, I thought the last scene with Chaz and the ghost in the alley was actually pretty humorous.

I would have loved Swamp Thing but The Spectre is nice too. Oh my God they killed Chaz, you bastard!

I think I could live with a Chaz death of the week scene in the show.

I would also love to see swamp thing as a recurring character on the show. I'm sure its only a matter of time before we get him. If they go practical over the cgi we've seen, that's even better.

how u guys think swamp think recurring? like he's mostly in wooded area isn't he? or does Constantine's enviro is in wooded area mostly?

How are the ratings on this show? I kind of hate it, or, rather, I hate that I love it, because a 10 PM slot on a Friday night seems like a good place to die before you're even born. It's steadfast becoming the one I look forward to most each week, and this one was no exception. He smoked! The Spectre foreshadowing was fantastic, as well. I'd love it if they could somehow work it out to interconnect this with the CW shows, or, at least, set it within the same universe, because it's nailing the supernatural facets of the DC Universe as well as either of those shows have handled the superheroics. We've already seen "Blue Devil" movie posters on the sides of buses; there's your "in."

As for Swamp Thing, I think a combination of both CG and practical would be best. You don't want a Swampy that looks like the Wes Craven version, but, if you could do, I don't know, maybe GDT-like puppetry for the body, and some CG facial tracking, I could see it.

wiutt!!!??? blue devil? Mr. Green used to read his comics like when he's a small puppy. be interesting if he fly with his staff thingy. doesn't sound cool.

Back