NBC Adapting DC Comics' 'Constantine' With David Goyer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Show definitely could be better...was that Doc Fate's helmet?...woot! No cigarettes is BS and the guy playing JC is good and does remind me of the Comic book. Has so much potential that will I think will be wasted... I hope it improves though... We'll see..I doubt it but we'll see

I think this show is going to have a rough time holding ratings, it's in a bigger pond than the CW stuff. I'll give it a few eps. to grow on me, but there wasn't much wow factor imo. I also don't know the source material beyond Keanu's movie, so I don't have much to compare/contrast for expectations.

I remember :lol

But the Flash pilot was MILES better than this one imo.

The editing was proper, the pace was good, good supporting cast, they take their time developing everything, good direction in general, everything Constantine fails at, the Flash gets right.

The Flash pilot was better, but what bothers me about The Flash is that it seems to be directed more to teens. I don't know, when I watch it, I feel like I'm watching something that should be on the Disney Channel or Mtv.

Don't throw it on the ground because Gustin is too young for you and doesn't have chest hair.

threwitontheg.jpg

The Flash pilot was better, but what bothers me about The Flash is that it seems to be directed more to teens. I don't know, when I watch it, I feel like I'm watching something that should be on the Disney Channel or Mtv.

Well it's CW after all, they do aim at a younger audience, but it's really not directed at teens per say imo, I doubt most teens these days have the attention span to follow anything.

But Disney Channel or MTV? :lol How so? I don't see how that is any different to Arrow or Agents of Shield, or even Constantine in terms of tone.

Well it's CW after all, they do aim at a younger audience, but it's really not directed at teens per say imo, I doubt most teens these days have the attention span to follow anything.

But Disney Channel or MTV? :lol How so? I don't see how that is any different to Arrow or Agents of Shield, or even Constantine in terms of tone.

giphy.gif

Nothing will ever match Jamie Delano's run on hellblazer.
Alan Moore's Constantine stuff in Swamp Thing. :lecture Which, of course, was the template for everything that came afterward.

I kept seeing commercials during the NFL game tonight and wanted to check it out. A bit disheartening hearing all the negative feedback here. But if they can't do the character right, better not to do him at all IMO.

Yea the American Gothic storyline is awesome. I would love to see that adapted in live action.

I enjoyed the show. It seemed very rushed though. I dig the guy playing Constantine.

Alan Moore's Constantine stuff in Swamp Thing. :lecture Which, of course, was the template for everything that came afterward.

I kept seeing commercials during the NFL game tonight and wanted to check it out. A bit disheartening hearing all the negative feedback here. But if they can't do the character right, better not to do him at all IMO.

I think the character is pretty good, Matt Ryan does a good job, that seems to be the only constant everyone agrees with.

It's everything else that sucks and overshadows the character :lol

well what do you expect with Hack Goyer involved :lol... I loved the movie so much I was really hoping the show could be better but I think it was obvious it wasn't going to be as good as it could

I guess it's just the lead actor being so young. He acts young, he talks young. Much different than Arrow or AoS.

I guess I never pictured The Flash as a kid is all.

Watched it last night. Seems interesting. I actually liked the Keanu movie so I checked out the show. Not sure I really want to add another show to my list, but I didn't think it was too bad. I'll give it at least another shot.

I guess everyone will see how Whedon borrowed heavily from Constantine for Gile's backstory on Buffy.

Was a bit bummed when I heard dracula was cancelled and replaced. But I liked the Keanu movie so I was still looking forward to this. Enjoyed it, loved the creepy possessed demon girls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I meant in terms of hellblazer itself.

Moore, Delano and Neil Gaiiman are the godfathers. Respect.

image.jpg

Back