Nathan Drake by Sideshow Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished my custom Uncharted 2 Nathan Drake.

As awesome as Uncharted 3 was, Uncharted 2 just had that certain magic to it that made it my favorite Video Game of all time. I knew I had to have a figure from it.

photo.jpg

So this is the sculpt the store I bought the figure from is sending as a replacement. This one looks a little more workable as it will be sent for customization (eyes, scratches, seam line, facial hair and hair repaint). No big glob of paint slop on his nose either. The Q/C for the head sculpts on this figure is just atrocious.

Eyes in that aren't looking in the same direction [emoji17] seems to happen to a lot of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The problem with the eyes is actually the sculpt. The eyes on mine were correct but then you put them in the head, they are off. When repainting, I had to make them off so they looked ok in the head. Very strange.

The problem with the eyes is actually the sculpt. The eyes on mine were correct but then you put them in the head, they are off. When repainting, I had to make them off so they looked ok in the head. Very strange.

Thats interesting. I'll make sure to note that for the painter. I kind of figured something like that would be the case. Yes the eyes on this new one are a little off, but I will take that over HUGE sunken eye head. This will be easier to work with.

I tried the heat and pinch method. It works but you can over pinch. First try was good but it needed more. Second try was to much and I had to go a third and get it to relax. I'm currently molding it---ONLY FOR MY U2 CUSTOM FIGURE! Hope it turns out as I did a single pour mold vs a two part.

Just finished my custom Uncharted 2 Nathan Drake.

As awesome as Uncharted 3 was, Uncharted 2 just had that certain magic to it that made it my favorite Video Game of all time. I knew I had to have a figure from it.

]

Wow great work!! What body did you used? ill be getting my extra nathan drake head and i wanna bash him in a suit just like in the opening scene of the game Uncharted 3.

Oh and Btw here's my headsculpt of drake i think i am one of the lucky ones who got a better eyes.
IMG_2763.JPG

Awesome UC2 bash, shadow! I'm just waiting on a few parts to complete my own. Like you, UC2 is my favorite of the series so far, and that look in particular is the definitive drake in my mind.

My Drake is arriving tomorrow... very anxious of the state of the sculpt!

Open up and inspect ASAP. As from what I have seen, we need to generate as much heat as possible for this to be fixed or at least not repeated. Some variation in paint apps and the like is understandable but the level of mistakes that are showing up is unacceptable for a $150+ figure.

I know its impossible, but the only way to combat this is to FULLY return all the defective products. Not just the heads but the ENTIRE package. I know not everyone wants to give the bodies and accessories up, but the only way they will learn is to stick it to their wallet. This is just unacceptable as customer service and QC goes. If apple was this bad with one product release you could have seen a major restructuring of a division.

DSC_0196.JPG

DSC_0197.JPG

DSC_0198.JPG

DSC_0199.JPG

DSC_0200.JPG

So mine arrived today, looks worse in the photos than it does in hand but still... not sure what to think of it at the moment.

Looks like he has had alot of sand in his eyes for sure.

Back