My Tumbler review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tonight, I managed to very easily remove the light. They have it engineered so that you can pop them out, as long as you can get a light replacement from Hot Toys. I'll be asking that next.

Tonight, I managed to very easily remove the light. They have it engineered so that you can pop them out, as long as you can get a light replacement from Hot Toys. I'll be asking that next.

If it's a standard LED light, do you think you might be able to replace it locally, like from Radio Shack?

That'd be a huge pita, since it's all wired together with the other light and soldered in place. It's really designed to unplug both little lights at once and just replace them. I'm assuming getting a replacement from HT won't be a problem, at least this time.

Man that thing is huge. Though for the price probably should have a lower score if stuff comes out broken like that out of the box. Especially coming from someone like Hot Toys.

That'd be a huge pita, since it's all wired together with the other light and soldered in place. It's really designed to unplug both little lights at once and just replace them. I'm assuming getting a replacement from HT won't be a problem, at least this time.

Michael, thanks for experimenting and checking that part out. It is good to know they can pop out like that to be replaced.

Maybe I should be ordering a few to have on hand.

Let us know what HT says please.

Yea, I'm worried that 20 years from now I'll be looking for old broken HT batmobiles for spare parts :D

At the big junkyard in the Bronx at Hunts Point.....:lol:lol:lol

Ahh laugh now my young grasshopers, but ancient collectors secret say you never know what the Tumbler in junkyard be worth 20 years from now.:rotfl

I don't know how. They couldn't texture it like a Terminator, for example, since cars don't have texture. Of course, a high gloss paint makes plastic look more metal-like, but the Batmobile doesn't have a high gloss paint.

In fact, there's no reason to believe the 'real' Tumbler would be metal - it could easily use some sort of kevlar/polycarbonate panels...

I read somewhere that the real Tumbler outer panels were made of carbon fiber and painted black to resemble metal.they did this to save on weight.

I read somewhere that the real Tumbler outer panels were made of carbon fiber and painted black to resemble metal.they did this to save on weight.

I could believe that. Ever seen a F1 crash? Their whole cars are carbon fiber. It's done the same way. Carbon fiber bodywork and painted. The suspension struts remain the carbon fiber weaved patterns. Very strong but explodes into a million bits upon hard impact. Very sharp stuff when it's all smashed up. Can puncture the tyres.

<embed id="VideoPlayback" src="https://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-3119039867907859307&hl=en&fs=true" style="width:400px;height:326px" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> </embed>

alot of people are complaining about bad paint and scuff marks on these.and they have every right to be a little angry because this thing isn`t cheep by no means.but I ran across these photos of the 1/5 scale tumbler used in the first movie.and somthing about it impresses me because it has everything that the complaints are about and more.making it look more real.what do you think about it Vodoun? I like how it looks

Hi all,

Just out of curiosity, did anyone try to put their takara batman in the tumbler? Is it even doable? Currently I only have the takara batman but I'm thinking of purchasing the Tumbler.

alot of people are complaining about bad paint and scuff marks on these.and they have every right to be a little angry because this thing isn`t cheep by no means.but I ran across these photos of the 1/5 scale tumbler used in the first movie.and somthing about it impresses me because it has everything that the complaints are about and more.making it look more real.what do you think about it Vodoun? I like how it looks

I'm guessing this is a 100% authentic minature perhaps one of the many for the film?... the tyres look better overall more realistic because of all the weathering.

The one major thing thats caught my eye is Hot Toys got the rear wheels trim wrong.

Indeed they did. https://www.dailystab.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/batmobile_tumbler_dark_knight.jpg

That above shots looks extremely accurate. Tread and all.

Hi all,

Just out of curiosity, did anyone try to put their takara batman in the tumbler? Is it even doable? Currently I only have the takara batman but I'm thinking of purchasing the Tumbler.

I'd bet it will go in. It's in scale with the Hot Toys figures and because it's somewhat thinner it'll go in better.

no one will pay $1000 plus for this thing. That's deluded

I disagree. Even in this economy, many out of production Hot Toys MMS are selling for 2x and 3x the retail price. And these are collectibles from less popular movies than The Dark Knight. One can only imagine the prices once this recession is over.

I'm guessing this is a 100% authentic minature perhaps one of the many for the film?... the tyres look better overall more realistic because of all the weathering.

The one major thing thats caught my eye is Hot Toys got the rear wheels trim wrong.

Indeed they did. https://www.dailystab.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/batmobile_tumbler_dark_knight.jpg

That above shots looks extremely accurate. Tread and all.

I'd bet it will go in. It's in scale with the Hot Toys figures and because it's somewhat thinner it'll go in better.

Good catch Vodoun,I knew I was`nt the only one to see that the beadlock on the wheels was`nt painted black.but they were on the prototype as the attached pictures show.so I painted mine black and it looks better now.I have some more paint mods to do to the Tumbler to get it more movie accurate.maybe some light weathering on it.

Just picked up my Tumbler today - and despite Michael's warning I broke off one of the side spoilers when I was trying to put batteries in. (Turned out I didn't have the right batteries anyway). :mad:

Some superglue fixed it up, but I'm afraid to touch the wrong thing or it will break. I guess that's the price we pay for 1/6 accuracy - the fragility of items manufactured in accurate 1/6 scale.

first, the tires on this model are more accurate than on the Hot Toys

and second, the pictures are not sharp enough to see those scuff marks and so called metal look.
I am still complaining about the hot toys paint on the tumbler, nothing to do with metal look, just bad application.

besides all that, it's still a looker

indeed, the hot toys rear tires look off because of shape and profile, those are slightly off

Last edited:
so are you saying You would personally pay $1000? Find someone on here who thinks thats an acceptable price

dude, although I (based on pictures) am not too impressed by the tumbler, it isn't hard to think that this can and WILL go for at least 1000 dollars on ebay in a few years!

just look at what you already find: HT older Pred 2, HT ED 209....those already go at almost 1000, some even more than 1000!
So I think a 1/6 Tumbler from one of the most succesful movies of all time can do that without a problem.

I will buy this because I loved the proto pics, but the in hand pictures do not impress me at all, but many say it is much better in hand so I give it the benefit of the doubt. I cannot imagine it really "sucks" in hand, but if I wouldn't like it very much, I'd still keep it.....for a few years as an investment :)

LEADERCOBRA majors in business sir.

that is just practice, you don't need no major in business to find that out...

Last edited:
I don't know how. They couldn't texture it like a Terminator, for example, since cars don't have texture. Of course, a high gloss paint makes plastic look more metal-like, but the Batmobile doesn't have a high gloss paint.

In fact, there's no reason to believe the 'real' Tumbler would be metal - it could easily use some sort of kevlar/polycarbonate panels...

I really wonder how could you give it a full 4-star rate!?

All detailed inside AND exterior pictures on the net show overlooked places where the paint isnt't thick enough, or even has white marks, also many glue marks on the insides, an unfinished white dash panel etc.

Imo the paint work isn't up with the pricescale, it isn't top notch quality so it certainly didn't deserve that 4-star rating.

Could you explain why you did give it the 4 star rating? Just talking about the paint itself without compensating that obvious flaw with the good scultp etc, but just talking about the paint?

Back