My Tumbler review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike,

what are your feelings with this car's composition.

Do you feel HT could've done a better job making it look like metal?

The scale and the tires are awesome but the car looks like a toy to me instead of the Tumbler show piece it needed to be for that price.

Thanks, and keep up the good work at that site of yours. Visited every week :rock

My lights worked fine but it has these nasty defects on the top of the vehicle. Not impressed. Sorry to hear about your lights. At this price there shouldn't be any problems.

Yeah this wasn't worth the money. I was super psyched for getting this piece when pics were first shown. Amazing. Amazing detail. Amazing likeness. but the end result is a bit underwhelming. It's just a big massive hunk of plastic and bits of metal. Sure it lights up but what can I do with this? I dont even have teh space for it. It was an impusle buy

Yeah this wasn't worth the money. I was super psyched for getting this piece when pics were first shown. Amazing. Amazing detail. Amazing likeness. but the end result is a bit underwhelming. It's just a big massive hunk of plastic and bits of metal. Sure it lights up but what can I do with this? I dont even have teh space for it. It was an impusle buy

stick it in a box, seal it up keep it new looking sell it in 3 years for a grand +, or hell just mail it to me i will find space somewhere. :monkey5

when there are none to be had with a production run of 1500 or 1000 or whatever it was, and people paying 600 bucks or more for preorders way way back, if there is people wating something and there arent any to be had, learn the laws of supply and demand.

no one will pay $1000 plus for this thing. That's deluded

I know supply and demand. Other than like 50 people on here who wants this? Its too big and expensive

When the recession clears, when the Batman 3 comes out, and a new car is made, with only a limited number of these made: It will EASILY go for $1000.

UNLESS someone makes one just as good in replica and detail OR better in metal.

In other words, it will hit $1000 in a few years.

LC and BM29 both have valid points although at the end of the day, we do live in a wacky world where anything goes so it is possible someone would pay even more than a grand for this car even if the planets were not aligned or the perfect storm wasn't happening as BM29 had described.

I've given up guessing what collectors will or won't pay when it comes to this ^^^^ :lol

Now, when the person who payed the thousand hates himself once he feels all the plastic is a whole different subject, one we can discuss over our beer summit. :lol

Last edited:
I know supply and demand. Other than like 50 people on here who wants this? Its too big and expensive

Lots of stuff is big and expensive and sells. If you don't like it, sell to someone that does.

so are you saying You would personally pay $1000? Find someone on here who thinks thats an acceptable price

Is HT Hicks worth the $1000 he's hit a few times? Worth is what someone is willing to pay. This prolly wont hit that price, but it should go up in value.

so are you saying You would personally pay $1000? Find someone on here who thinks thats an acceptable price

Well, if I was just getting into the game a few years from now, and I really wanted the piece, and there were none around to be had, I would do it.

Now, keep in mind Batman is two of my top favorites to collect. That is incentive.

And because I got in the collecting game with SS two years ago, I have paid $1500 for Dr. Doom, $1100 for Exc Hulk, $650 for the green Hulk.

Now that I have "caught up" on the some of those pieces, i try to buy at the time of selling rather than a few years from now.

Mike,

what are your feelings with this car's composition.

Do you feel HT could've done a better job making it look like metal?

The scale and the tires are awesome but the car looks like a toy to me instead of the Tumbler show piece it needed to be for that price.

Thanks, and keep up the good work at that site of yours. Visited every week :rock

I don't know how. They couldn't texture it like a Terminator, for example, since cars don't have texture. Of course, a high gloss paint makes plastic look more metal-like, but the Batmobile doesn't have a high gloss paint.

In fact, there's no reason to believe the 'real' Tumbler would be metal - it could easily use some sort of kevlar/polycarbonate panels...

I don't know how. They couldn't texture it like a Terminator, for example, since cars don't have texture. Of course, a high gloss paint makes plastic look more metal-like, but the Batmobile doesn't have a high gloss paint.

In fact, there's no reason to believe the 'real' Tumbler would be metal - it could easily use some sort of kevlar/polycarbonate panels...

Ok, you got me.....

Uncle.....:lol

I thought about that after I sent it out.....damn it, now I want that HT kevlar/polycarbonate Batmobile.

Man, that is just one insane vehicle... HT really showed some sac putting this guy out. Hope you are able to get the light fixed/replaced. Although buying from overseas I'm seeing an expensive solultion in your future :monkey2

Just out of curiosity, how does the R/C version from the first movie compare... if anybody has both?

Nice review Michael! Even though I am out of the 1/6 collecting (technically never really started since I got scammed) I still love reading your reviews!

Just out of curiosity, how does the R/C version from the first movie compare... if anybody has both?

It doesn't even compare. It looks like a tinker toy. The RC isn't even the right dimensions. The photos that was posted on here sometime ago it looked too thin and long as well as too tall or maybe it's because it was too thin creating a tall illusion plus the wheels are dorky amongst other things about it.

Back