MRM batman begins cowl, 15 SPOTS OPEN!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MRM batman begins cowl, SOLD OUT! neck attachment tutorial on p.49

Cant believe i missed this great work.

Eh, that's debatable. I think Adam's sculpt truly does look a bit like Bush and a bit malformed but does have a resemblance to Bale. With a great paint application it can look better and even very good but I just don't like the shape of it. It's almost caveman-ish. I'd like to see his newest Bale sculpt painted.

The newest HT sculpt looks like a Bale just stylized, like all HT sculpts.

Anyway, have you had any issues with DX12 boots on the BB EX suit? I know you lined it with tape but just making sure it's good to go.

i think the newest ht one is pretty bad, it's too wide and has tiny baby ears which just look creepy weird. and no i've had no issues with the boots.

... i got the crazy owners ninja outfit and did a bash of that and the armor from the figures club set. much more screen accurate.

Looks good MRM! Did same thing with mine with similar outfit. :exactly:
I, too, really dig the armor from that figures club.

Got my Begins Cowl yesterday and it's incredible! :rock
Had to wait till today to attach the neck peg because
some of the surface on both sides of the neck was still wet/sticky, LOL. :rotfl
Eventually, I dabbed it dry. All good now... :clap

Now my Begins fig is complete! :yess:
Thanks, bud!!! :bow

I hear you about the small ears on DX12 wayne. though one thing about
Adam's that bothers me is those ears seem to stick out too much. oh, well.
me thinks Bale must be a tough cat to capture in sculpt.

glad you like it man. and yeah adam's sculpt isn't perfect, i still think it the best so far. when the bale sculpt from iminime comes out i think that will be the best one.

Finally got my cowl to fit snugly on the head. Was a bit tricky. Removing the bottom ridge on the neck piece made the adapter go too high, and it wouldn't plug in, so I had to add a small bit of Kleenex to push the little adapter part down far enough, while not going so far and making the head float over the neck as it does with no mods.

Love this sculpt.

DSC_0902_zpse2edfb6a.jpg

DSC_0914_zps0543e889.jpg

DSC_0913_zps80434ff9.jpg

it's better then any of the ht sculpts to date, and the closest likeness available for now.

MRM, it begs the question, you ever give any thought to doing your own bale/wayne sculpt?
Everything I've seen of yours (this BB cowl, Medi TDK cowl, Two-face, Jokers) is incredible & spot-on.
It would likely be the best bruce wayne out there.

just wondering...

i think the newest ht one is pretty bad, it's too wide and has tiny baby ears which just look creepy weird. and no i've had no issues with the boots.

To each his own. I don't think it's bad at all.

Small ears is the least of concerns.
Good to know about the boots though. You used electrical tape, right? I think I'll use masking.

Finally got my cowl to fit snugly on the head. Was a bit tricky. Removing the bottom ridge on the neck piece made the adapter go too high, and it wouldn't plug in, so I had to add a small bit of Kleenex to push the little adapter part down far enough, while not going so far and making the head float over the neck as it does with no mods.

Love this sculpt.

DSC_0913_zps80434ff9.jpg

Yeah, it took me a while to get it right too. He's looking good now! :rock

And yeah, I'm really digging this one too.

glad you like it man. and yeah adam's sculpt isn't perfect, i still think it the best so far. when the bale sculpt from iminime comes out i think that will be the best one.

You mean american psycho/equilibrium Bale? I dunno, the unpainted one looks good, but so far the painted one doesnt look like bale at all.

Love this sculpt.

DSC_0902_zpse2edfb6a.jpg

DSC_0914_zps0543e889.jpg

DSC_0913_zps80434ff9.jpg

Lookin good, Sam :rock nice line up!

You mean american psycho/equilibrium Bale? I dunno, the unpainted one looks good, but so far the painted one doesnt look like bale at all.

If the unpainted one looks good then it must be the paint job that is ruining the likeness of the sculpt.

I can see where you are coming from but to say it doesn't look like Bale at all, is a bit of a stretch, you can tell it is him just not dead on likeness I guess. :dunno

In any case it is still better than Hot toys ones.

Yup. That's all Zach. :) Can't wait for next month to get on the Joker list. :rock

Got mine too. Really impressed! Thanks Zach

I received mine. I am still trying to get it to sit right. I am thinking of having it without a HT neck and maybe making one myself.

i live in Hong Kong and still haven't received mine...

im in uk, not got mine yet either, hoping for this week

Back