Mr. Robot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder what his play on Elliot is. I think Elliot might end up needing Tyrell's help getting Shayla back. The guy obviously has a lot of power.

When? I missed that. But Slater isn't Mr. Robot. I'm certain.

Don't know/care who Mr. Robot is, but Elliot and Slater's character are one and the same person. This I'm absolutely certain of. This week's episode cemented that for me. People can interact with one or the other, but absolutely never with both at the same time (because there's only one person). It's precisely like Fight Club in this respect.

I'm not saying however that its a split personality nor that he has schizophrenia (which isn't the same thing at all) or any other disorder - that's besides the point. Both characters can be parts of a single personality split only for our viewing interest so we have a better comprehension of what's going on in his mind.

It makes sense because out of nowhere, there was Slater on the steps outside Eliot's apartment and he knew what was going on. That clinched it for me.

It makes sense because out of nowhere, there was Slater on the steps outside Eliot's apartment and he knew what was going on. That clinched it for me.

While I have no doubt that Mr.Robot/Slater are one in the same with Elliot, he did mention Darlene messaging him that they were in trouble. I think I will stick with my theory that Mr. Robot is a real person since we have seen him interact with others before, it's just that when Elliot is under severe stress or self-doubt he immediately manifests the one person who gives him slight confidence and advice. I think there are two Mr. Robot's, the one that actually exists and the one that's in Elliot's mind as a sort of conscience.

While I have no doubt that Mr.Robot/Slater are one in the same with Elliot, he did mention Darlene messaging him that they were in trouble. I think I will stick with my theory that Mr. Robot is a real person since we have seen him interact with others before, it's just that when Elliot is under severe stress or self-doubt he immediately manifests the one person who gives him slight confidence and advice. I think there are two Mr. Robot's, the one that actually exists and the one that's in Elliot's mind as a sort of conscious.

Could be anything at this point. Anyone else notice that he's always referring to Elliot as "kiddo"? Might not mean anything, but ???

Anyone else notice that he's always referring to Elliot as "kiddo"? Might not mean anything, but ???

The Slater image and personality traits may be manifestations of the memories of his father. I can't be the first/only person to have been thinking this right?

The Slater image and personality traits may be manifestations of the memories of his father. I can't be the first/only person to have been thinking this right?

Nope, I've felt that Slater is somehow connected to Elliot's father since he pushed him off the pier.

Elliot also has a split personality, as he stated in the first episode. He also mentions its indirectly in nearly every voice-over opening. Like yesterday, Fight or Flight, and Elliot says he is the 'flight'... so Mr Robot is the 'fight'.

I hope the Slater/Elliot thing is not as simple as just 'Fight Club'. I do believe that Elliot is ultimately "Mr. Robot"... but I just don't think that Slater is necessarily the Mr. Robot (credited as such or not).

If it's like Fight Club (split personality) or Dexter (his conscience in the form of his father's image/a father figure) that would be lame.

If it's like Fight Club (split personality) or Dexter (his conscience in the form of his father's image/a father figure) that would be lame.

Well, then it must be lame. :) Because that's exactly what it is. There's only one person, shown to the audience as two characters.

It amazes me that Elliot has never even attempted suicide yet. I couldn't live with myself if I was responsible for my girlfriends death . I thought he was really starting to care for her too. I wonder if the plan all along was for tyrell to kill the new CTO wife, that was insane and stupid.

It amazes me that Elliot has never even attempted suicide yet. I couldn't live with myself if I was responsible for my girlfriends death . I thought he was really starting to care for her too. I wonder if the plan all along was for tyrell to kill the new CTO wife, that was insane and stupid.

I don't think that was the plan by the way he reacted to it.

To be honest, this show is going all over the place now. Not caring for it.

Are Elliot and Tyrell the same person?

Tyrell is everything Elliot is not. No one addresses both of them the few times they are together -- waiter even brought only one menu at lunch scene. And Tyrell is the only person who ever interrupted Elliott's narration and answered that narrator's exact question. And Tyrell would want that white haired guy framed and out of the company because he figured he'd get the promotion.

Someone here must have a needle for my balloon...?

Everyone is the psychiatrist. It's all in her head.

That would be funny. I have a feeling the show won't ultimately be that surprising in hindsight, but its done very well (for me). I enjoy it.

I find Darlene very sexy with her nasally voice and hooker attitude. She reminds me of someone and I can't remember who. No, not a hooker.

Back