Mr. Robot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you think Christian Slater isn't real?

Christian Slater isn't Mr. Robot. He already acknowledged that when they first met.

But Elliott is the "key".

People might be manipulating his other personality, or 'other personality' Elliott may be running the show like Fight Club or Total Recall.

Bi girl kissing is all.

That was prolly the best part of this episode lol. Most of it was rather confusing. I understood he was dreaming, but I don't get the significance of "key". Is it more like him battling himself and trying to convince himself that he is extremely important? I also missed the part about Slater saying he's not mr. Robot. It is looking as if Slater isn't real though. It makes some sense.

I really wish they'd get off the drug stuff.

Generally speaking Bipolar individuals and Schizophrenics are addicted to something, usually tobacco, alcohol or other drugs. Given his 'split personality', Schizo is the more obvious diagnosis, especially considering his use of hard drugs. Schizo's are 10x worse than Bipolar in terms of addiction...

Maybe Slater's not really there -- I'd have to go back to see if anyone ever acknowledges him (but then this show is really going the Fight Club route).

If they go the way I'm suggesting, I'd prefer it to be that Elliott's other personality (the narrator personality) and Slater both understand that Elliott the hacker (the character in the show) is the "key" and that Anti-Elliott needs his "Elliott the hacker" personality to pull off the job. The Narrator is very bitter and sarcastic and dour and seems to be omniscient and always watching himself -- he may have the bigger ideas (the Mr. Robot ideas) but perhaps that personality doesn't have the hacking skills that the "Elliott" personality has.

Basiclly, its a con job on one of your split personalities.

Also, for the show to move on after the reveal, perhaps there's more than just Slater that is using/working with Elliott's split personality. Tyrell? That mystery group out of asia?

Last edited:
I honestly cant recall any of the characters really speaking with Slater one on one, but it wouldn't make much sense how he found the hacker group without Slater really being there.

I honestly cant recall any of the characters really speaking with Slater one on one, but it wouldn't make much sense how he found the hacker group without Slater really being there.

I can't remember either, but Elliott's alter-ego could have led Elliot there -- if that's what Slater is, a manifestation of Elliott's narrator personality.

But I'm still thinking Elliott himself is Mr. Robot. Thus Elliott would innately know the way to fsociety... and fsociety wouldn't be surprised to see him walk in the door, even converse with him since he set this all up in his alter-ego guise.

I can't remember either, but Elliott's alter-ego could have led Elliot there -- if that's what Slater is, a manifestation of Elliott's narrator personality.

But I'm still thinking Elliott himself is Mr. Robot. Thus Elliott would innately know the way to fsociety... and fsociety wouldn't be surprised to see him walk in the door, even converse with him since he set this all up in his alter-ego guise.

yep, its making more sense that Slater is just his alternate personality. We shall see.

Slater seems to be throwing a computer in the trailer for next episode and everyone is reacting which makes me think maybe he's real? And the guy leaving the hotel room tells Slater to make sure Elliot drinks his remedy. Again, of course, if he's unreliable narrator none of this could be as it seems. I think the show is interesting enough without such a twist, though.

I think the show is interesting enough without such a twist, though.

I kind of agree. And I'm not sold on Slater being a figment of Elliott's split personality yet.

But I do think that Elliott's "other personality" has a good chance of being Mr. Robot. Only problem with that is: where do you go from there? Is it then just a show about Mr. Robot doing things?

This is the best show on television right now. Bat**** crazy, beautifully shot and utterly absorbing all the while being a truly cutting satire of our tech based lives. Its Neuromancer meets Fight Club and I love it.

Christian Slater isn't Mr. Robot. He already acknowledged that when they first met.

But Elliott is the "key".

People might be manipulating his other personality, or 'other personality' Elliott may be running the show like Fight Club or Total Recall.

If i rememeber correctly, Slater has a nametag written Mr Robot in the first episode.

Also i hope they are not going the tyler durden route, i paid attention and a lot of characters react to Slater.
Especially the Hackers of F society, they could have been fake too bt you also see them react with other peoples so...

He definitely has a nametag that says Mr. Robot. Hmmm.

It is a beautifully shot and produced show. I love the opening credits, which are more like a 70s movie. Great soundtrack, too.

If i rememeber correctly, Slater has a nametag written Mr. Robot in the first episode.

Yes, but that doesn't mean he IS Mr. Robot, just that he's working for Mr. Robot perhaps.

I can't direct you to the moment, but didn't Elliott ask if Slater was Mr. Robot in the 2nd episode and Slater said no. I don't know why I remember this moment but I could be imagining things.

There's some connection between Slater and Elliott's father too (not sure what it is but there must be because Slater pushed Elliott off the pier after siding with the father) -- of course, that's assuming Slater is there and Elliott didn't just jump.

Back