Mr. Robot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With everything that was revealed last episode, some stuff I found interesting:

Elliot's "imaginary friend" that he talks to every episode is us, the viewing audience.

Elliot's voice over's in every episode break the fourth wall.

The little girl Elliot talks to while hallucinating from withdrawal is actually Doppelganger Kat Dennings Darlene as a kid (the little girl in his family photo).

Tyrell F'd up the plan him and his wife came up with to blackmail the CTO by killing the Trinity Doppelganger on the roof.

New Questions:

Elliot Anderson is a fake name. But Angela has known him since they were kids (apparently through her friendship with Darlene). So why does she call him "Elliot" and play along with his assumed identity!?

Were Elliot and Angela in a relationship/engaged/married at some point? During withdrawal he sees her in a wedding dress, she told him last episode "I miss us" and Angela's boyfriend said Elliot has never liked him/Angela looked hurt when Elliot hooked up with Shayla.

With everything that was revealed last episode, some stuff I found interesting:

Elliot's "imaginary friend" that he talks to every episode is us, the viewing audience.

Elliot's voice over's in every episode break the fourth wall.

The little girl Elliot talks to while hallucinating from withdrawal is actually Doppelganger Kat Dennings Darlene as a kid (the little girl in his family photo).

Tyrell F'd up the plan him and his wife came up with to blackmail the CTO by killing the Trinity Doppelganger on the roof.

New Questions:

Elliot Anderson is a fake name. But Angela has known him since they were kids (apparently through her friendship with Darlene). So why does she call him "Elliot" and play along with his assumed identity!?

Were Elliot and Angela in a relationship/engaged/married at some point? During withdrawal he sees her in a wedding dress, she told him last episode "I miss us" and Angela's boyfriend said Elliot has never liked him/Angela looked hurt when Elliot hooked up with Shayla.

Interesting.

"Hearing" the name 'Elliot' is OK if we're in his head -- hence the narration -- because it would be like E-Corp constantly being called Evil-Corp by everyone in the show. We (Elliot) hear EvilCorp like we "hear" Elliot.

I remember shooting that train scene with Rami, the 2 girls, and Christian in "Hoboken" (really Yonkers) and those trains passing by super fast! Kinda scary on those narrow platforms, haha. We also have our flashback coming up :wink1:

Well, I guess no one here is surprised by the reveal... basically all guesses in one.

So now the question is: what the hell is up with Tyrell?

Is it at all possible he's another personality? Could Elliott have been working at AllSafe AND Evil Corp? Maybe that's too much of a stretch. :lol

And BOOM, the other other shoe drops. I liked how last week's episode sort of steered the audience away from Mr. Robot as part of Elliot, even if it seemed like that was the way it was going all along. And I like how Elliot acknowledged it. The best thing is... it didn't matter if we knew. You care about Elliot. You care about that moment. The twist is hardly a twist. It'll shock some, but for those of us who saw it coming or at least as one likely scenario, there was still a lot to enjoy in the character moment. I thought it was fantastic.

And BOOM, the other other shoe drops. I liked how last week's episode sort of steered the audience away from Mr. Robot as part of Elliot, even if it seemed like that was the way it was going all along. And I like how Elliot acknowledged it. The best thing is... it didn't matter if we knew. You care about Elliot. You care about that moment. The twist is hardly a twist. It'll shock some, but for those of us who saw it coming or at least as one likely scenario, there was still a lot to enjoy in the character moment. I thought it was fantastic.

I had a feeling that Elliot's dad wasn't alive when I saw the flashback and Slater looked the same. It's no wonder Elliot is a confused mess. :lol

Is it at all possible he's another personality? Could Elliott have been working at AllSafe AND Evil Corp? Maybe that's too much of a stretch. :lol

Yeah. :lol

That boss at AllSafe has met both of them so that's not possible.

It was funny to see Tyrell basically lose everything (including, apparently his family) in one fell swoop. Dudes wife is a cold-hearted snake. :lol

I guess I'll have to be satisfied with Tyrell just being the anti-Elliott. And the show's new wildcard.

His wife is scary. Total Lady Macbeth. I wonder if she'll see more potential in Elliott as a mate?

Well, you know what they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. And with that, I wonder what Chuck Palahniuk thinks of Mr. Robot. I guess some people would say the connection to Fight Club is way too on the nose, especially with "Where Is My Mind" being used at the end of the episode. But in all honestly, I personally think this is the greatest thing ever. As fans of that work, we all knew that this was probably where it was going and in my humble opinion, it not only works, it just makes everything that we've seen all the more glorious for it. This show is a pure Duden-esque love letter and I've loved every ****ing minute of it.

Yeah. :lol

That boss at AllSafe has met both of them so that's not possible.

It was funny to see Tyrell basically lose everything (including, apparently his family) in one fell swoop. Dudes wife is a cold-hearted snake. :lol

I could see her becoming the Marla Singer of the piece and that ain't a bad thing.

Well, you know what they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. And with that, I wonder what Chuck Palahniuk thinks of Mr. Robot. I guess some people would say the connection to Fight Club is way too on the nose, especially with "Where Is My Mind" being used at the end of the episode. But in all honestly, I personally think this is the greatest thing ever. As fans of that work, we all knew that this was probably where it was going and in my humble opinion, it not only works, it just makes everything that we've seen all the more glorious for it. This show is a pure Duden-esque love letter and I've loved every ****ing minute of it.

It is a great show. My favorite right now, and I haven't had a favorite for many years.

Part of the thing I love about it IS the Fight Club sensibility -- not so much the dual personalities gimmick but the 'voice'; the bitter, sardonic, world-weary attitude that devolves everything to a slimy core of greedy values and purient interests. It's a dark view to be sure, but it's just so fascinating.

One can only take so much MCU and Disney.

Did everyone else catch the line at the cemetery "you knew all along" in reference to the audience knowing that the dad was all in his mind?

It is a great show. My favorite right now, and I haven't had a favorite for many years.

Part of the thing I love about it IS the Fight Club sensibility -- not so much the dual personalities gimmick but the 'voice'; the bitter, sardonic, world-weary attitude that devolves everything to a slimy core of greedy values and purient interests. It's a dark view to be sure, but it's just so fascinating.

One can only take so much MCU and Disney.

Agreed. Mr. Robot just like Fight Club is perfect satire with a razor's edge cynical wit and bite to it. The gimmick of FC is not so much as reinvented in Mr. Robot as it is refined giving us a character in Eliot who is utterly compelling and utterly interesting but with so much more gravitas and so much more soul. Eliot is almost in a way a prophet for our age showing us just how utterly pathetic we've made the world and at the end of the day all he wants to do is "save the world" as he tells Tyrell at the end of last night's episode. Is that so wrong? But at this point, and I think Eliot even knows this, the world cannot be saved. I'm getting the same cynical, defeatist feeling that I got from the absolute masterpiece of UK's Channel 4's series Utopia here that the human race is now a write off and cannot be saved no matter how hard we try. And maybe as one of the characters from Utopia comes to realize, maybe we're not worth saving after all. That's a stark disturbing, unnerving statement considering the kind of ****ed up world we are living in right now.

Did everyone else catch the line at the cemetery "you knew all along" in reference to the audience knowing that the dad was all in his mind?

Of course. We've been having a one on one conversation with Eliot since the beginning and we all knew. We just didn't let him know that we knew.

Nice work guys! I'm sorry I couldn't say anything more due to non-disclosure, we did the flashback scene as I hinted at in last episode and it was there that I saw he was his dad, but I haven't worked the finale so all is up in the air for next week, but it should be exciting!

Yeah, I thought that was funny, like the writer's wink in case you guessed it -- Elliott even looked right to camera for the line.

The only thing that bugs me from time to time is the off-center framing of single shots where the subject is crammed into the 'wrong' corner of the frame. I'm sure there's a thoughtful 'choice' there but I don't get it and it distracts me when they get too close to my TV's edge.

so someone tell me this, if Tyrell is not just another imaginary person, how is it a few episodes back, Tyrell and his dad had a meeting in a SUV?

so someone tell me this, if Tyrell is not just another imaginary person, how is it a few episodes back, Tyrell and his dad had a meeting in a SUV?

The whole scene could have been in his imagination. Or it was Elliot in person, imagining it was his dad doing the talking. Same thing for the scene where the dad talks to his sister.

Back