Mother's Basement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I said earlier the only way I got my £200 refunded was to open a PayPal dispute. After weeks of stalling I got the refund next day.

As Ditch said, I can't go on a site without their advert popping up. They must be spending a fortune on advertising. The money has to come from somewhere.

I don't even look on their site now. CDUK all the way.

Disclaimer: I am not a rival retailer badmouthing MB. I am a consumer sharing my experience.

Yeah can't go wrong with CD, MB have stalls at all the cons as well they must be raking it in from all the PO cancellations :lol

Yeah can't go wrong with CD, MB have stalls at all the cons as well they must be raking it in from all the PO cancellations :lol

You can get the deposit back from cancelled pre-orders, especially if you paid via Paypal as Paypal view it as 'goods not received'.

Last edited:
They've just posted a rant on their FB page about people on forums talking about them.

Very professional way for a business to conduct themselves...

Last edited:
As I said earlier the only way I got my £200 refunded was to open a PayPal dispute. After weeks of stalling I got the refund next day.

As Ditch said, I can't go on a site without their advert popping up. They must be spending a fortune on advertising. The money has to come from somewhere.

I don't even look on their site now. CDUK all the way.

Disclaimer: I am not a rival retailer badmouthing MB. I am a consumer sharing my experience.

I've noticed that

I stick with cduk have had perfect service every time

95% of my purchases are from lee

Yeah rp points do make it sweeter thinking about pre ordering a wolverine hot toys with them direct. But what if I miss some codes lol

They've just posted a rant on their FB page about people on forums talking about them.

Very professional way for a business to conduct themselves...

That's clever of them.

Any links or can you pop it here??

I'm not on FB (I'm weird like that you know ;) lol) so wouldn't even know where to begin to look for it.

Neil

To All Of Our Genuine Customers

We would like to address the activity of a small group of forum users who aren't customers of ours but are taking it upon themselves to slander our business and attempt to cause trouble for us, including illegal hacking attempts that are under investigation and being dealt with by the police.

As a business, we are NOT in any trouble, we are thriving in fact and just about to submit our first full tax return which shows a healthy profit within our first year of trading.

The fact is that some forum users believe that they are in the majority when in fact that couldn't be farther from the truth. They are vindictive little morons who have nothing better to do than (ironically) sit in their mother's basement and troll hardworking people.

We are a small family run business. We have a small group of employees who are all hardworking family men but yet these idiots think that it's OK to try to put us out of business without any consideration for what that would do to the wives and children of our amazing staff.

The fact is they can't and won't ever put us out of business. We are here to stay and can take all the time in world to bat these flies away. Their actions are pointless and this will be the only time we will EVER recognise them. The only reason we're doing it now is because we want our real customers to get some real information.

If you are a GENUINE customer and want to see some GENUINE feedback that is completely independent and in no way moderated, then please visit*https://www.feefo.com/GB/en/reviews/Mothers-Basement/?id=558941*and in fact you can read some very recent reviews from some of our highest spending customers.

Or check out our eBay, Amazon or Play feedback - we've only been using these sites since Christmas but again, totally genuine feedback that you can rely on.

Or if you want to address any concerns then please call us on 0844 800 1169 or email us with your number and we will call you back.

Or if that's not enough, we can show you a list of every item ordered over the past 12 months via Google Analytics and which ones have been delivered via our UKMail system, which equates to 99.2% - this would be for customers only and we would need to do this face to face, which we're happy to do.

We are actually calling every customer over the next day or so to relay the above information.

As for this page, this is for our customers only and is not a forum of any kind. If someone comes on here and says something slanderous, the comment will be deleted and that person will be banned. If you are a customer who wants to reach out and ask a question, you are more than welcome to do so. We will not tolerate any kind of abuse from anyone and if that's what anyone wants to do then they can go and waste their time on a forum somewhere.

We are here to listen to our customers. We are here to resolve issues and I guarantee, you will not find a more caring bunch of people anywhere else. We all LOVE this industry and we love our business. We will do anything within our power to keep our customers happy and the fact that we took more pre-orders in December that any other month since we started, 80% from existing customers, shows that our real customers already believe in the above.

As for the recent stock deliveries, we've dispatched around 70% of what we've had in December and the rest of backlog will be cleared by the end of next week. As we've said before, if anyone doesn't want to wait any longer, then please call us at any time and we will cancel the order.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and please rest assured that we absolutely appreciate your business.

Thanks

Kate, Liam and the Mother's Basement Team

Mothers Basement Reviews | Customer Reviews of www.mothersbasement.co.uk | Reviews of Mother's...Service Products Ratings guide All Feefo reviews are gathered anonymously from genuine customers.

feefo.com

That's clever of them.

Any links or can you pop it here??

I'm not on FB (I'm weird like that you know ;) lol) so wouldn't even know where to begin to look for it.

Neil

We would like to address the activity of a small group of forum users who aren't customers of ours but are taking it upon themselves to slander our business and attempt to cause trouble for us, including illegal hacking attempts that are under investigation and being dealt with by the police.

As a business, we are NOT in any trouble, we are thriving in fact and just about to submit our first full tax return which shows a healthy profit within our first year of trading.

The fact is that some forum users believe that they are in the majority when in fact that couldn't be farther from the truth. They are vindictive little morons who have nothing better to do than (ironically) sit in their mother's basement and troll hardworking people.

We are a small family run business. We have a small group of employees who are all hardworking family men but yet these idiots think that it's OK to try to put us out of business without any consideration for what that would do to the wives and children of our amazing staff.

The fact is they can't and won't ever put us out of business. We are here to stay and can take all the time in world to bat these flies away. Their actions are pointless and this will be the only time we will EVER recognise them. The only reason we're doing it now is because we want our real customers to get some real information.

If you are a GENUINE customer and want to see some GENUINE feedback that is completely independent and in no way moderated, then please visit https://www.feefo.com/GB/en/reviews/Mothers-Basement/?id=558941 and in fact you can read some very recent reviews from some of our highest spending customers.

Or check out our eBay, Amazon or Play feedback - we've only been using these sites since Christmas but again, totally genuine feedback that you can rely on.

Or if you want to address any concerns then please call us on 0844 800 1169 or email us with your number and we will call you back.

Or if that's not enough, we can show you a list of every item ordered over the past 12 months via Google Analytics and which ones have been delivered via our UKMail system, which equates to 99.2% - this would be for customers only and we would need to do this face to face, which we're happy to do.

We are actually calling every customer over the next day or so to relay the above information.

As for this page, this is for our customers only and is not a forum of any kind. If someone comes on here and says something slanderous, the comment will be deleted and that person will be banned. If you are a customer who wants to reach out and ask a question, you are more than welcome to do so. We will not tolerate any kind of abuse from anyone and if that's what anyone wants to do then they can go and waste their time on a forum somewhere.

We are here to listen to our customers. We are here to resolve issues and I guarantee, you will not find a more caring bunch of people anywhere else. We all LOVE this industry and we love our business. We will do anything within our power to keep our customers happy and the fact that we took more pre-orders in December that any other month since we started, 80% from existing customers, shows that our real customers already believe in the above.

As for the recent stock deliveries, we've dispatched around 70% of what we've had in December and the rest of backlog will be cleared by the end of next week. As we've said before, if anyone doesn't want to wait any longer, then please call us at any time and we will cancel the order.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and please rest assured that we absolutely appreciate your business.

Thanks

Thanks for those guys.

I like the way they insinuate what we are like & the term Morons is taking it a little too far IMO

I do feel that they are probably trying to defend themselves too much.

If they don't think it's right & they clearly know we are making these comments surely they should come here to defend themselves as well?

I actually hope they do succeed as somewhere else to buy from is welcome, but the over selling of stock & what I've read here about multiple failures & their attitudes towards refunds etc. doesn't fill me with hope.

We shall see.

Neil

Do they actually oversell on there stock?

They made the point of saying they under sell in case the shipment gets cut short. Of course these are just words but i wouldn't have thought they'd say it if it could be proven otherwise?

I ordered the 1/4 Batman with them and while I'm really not arsed about the wait they have been nothing but helpful

The above thing is the only worry i have as of now. I ordered it pretty late on and do not want to have to pay outlandish aftermarket prices

If you are a GENUINE customer and want to see some GENUINE feedback that is completely independent and in no way moderated, then please visit*https://www.feefo.com/GB/en/reviews/Mothers-Basement/?id=558941*and in fact you can read some very recent reviews from some of our highest spending customers.

Thanks

Mothers Basement Reviews | Customer Reviews of www.mothersbasement.co.uk | Reviews of Mother's...Service Products Ratings guide All Feefo reviews are gathered anonymously from genuine customers.

feefo.com

They will cancel your order......and keep your deposit.
Seems like they've hit a new low with that tirade. Thing is, it's the ppl with outstanding orders who are voicing their complaint. So they're calling these customers idiots now?
Pathetic :lecture

Do they actually oversell on there stock?

They made the point of saying they under sell in case the shipment gets cut short. Of course these are just words but i wouldn't have thought they'd say it if it could be proven otherwise?

I ordered the 1/4 Batman with them and while I'm really not arsed about the wait they have been nothing but helpful

The above thing is the only worry i have as of now. I ordered it pretty late on and do not want to have to pay outlandish aftermarket prices

I guess the way to word is it is that it appears that they have oversold.

There is a guy here (Fett1972 post#64) who had been guaranteed a Statue only to be told his one arrived damaged but then they couldn't offer a replacement as they didn't have any spare
Which strikes us all as over selling & then trying to make up stories to cover their bums.
I wonder if other people had the same story?

Neil

My issue was that I ordered 3 items one being the Fett mythos. I paid for the Fett in full in September and was informed they had not received their stock. It was not until the 13 December when they admitted they had received the initial stock and sold out and were waiting restocks. I was not convinced this would happen and agreed to transfer the money towards the Sauron, which I had preordered and was now in stock. On Monday I checked their website only to discover the sauron was sold out over the weekend and I had not received mine. I contacted Kate only to be informed the next day that when packaging the item there heard a rattle and upon opening realised it was damaged. The funny thing was I had not paid the remaining balance and was surprised a company would prepare an item for dispatch before recieving money. The frustrating aspect is that I ordered this item inAugust and since September they have had £420 of my money. Surely it would have been good customer service to fulfill my order for sauron (I had been informed when placing my order I was first to do so) and delayed the order of a customer who had just ordered after x-mas. At the end of the day I wish MB all the best for 2014 (Kate is very pleasent to speak to) but I will never use them again as I have no trust in them what so ever). However, if I do not receive my refund promptly I will take appropriate action

Just read their Facebook message and I think it was ill advised. They could better use their time to resolve the issues that the handful of customers 'the vindictive little morons' were experiencing. Personally I do not agree with anyone being rude, aggresive or discourteous and this applies to both customers and business owners.

Back