Mother's Basement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't actually own a credit card...
Paid with Paypal using my Visa Debit card in july.
I know totally what you're saying.
I emailed them this morning asking what was up with the refund. I have to at least give them the time to reply.
I know that Paypal refunds can take a while to process.

That's how I paid. I actually spoke to PayPal on the phone to see what my rights were. PayPal couldn't help as it was over the 45 days but they did say that MB are not registered as a business. Then PayPal advised me to contact Trading Standards.

Avoid emailing MB - I never got replies. Phone them up and insist they refund your money. They refunded mine to my debit card.

PayPal refunds only ever take around a week - even then, as soon as they hit the 'refund button' you get an email saying money is on the way. No email means no refund.

That's how I paid. I actually spoke to PayPal on the phone to see what my rights were. PayPal couldn't help as it was over the 45 days but they did say that MB are not registered as a business. Then PayPal advised me to contact Trading Standards.

Avoid emailing MB - I never got replies. Phone them up and insist they refund your money. They refunded mine to my debit card.

PayPal refunds only ever take around a week - even then, as soon as they hit the 'refund button' you get an email saying money is on the way. No email means no refund.

I have messaged them on their facebook page stating that unless they refund me by the end of business today, i will cancel my other outstanding orders and contact my bank to recover the money through them.

I've never had an issue with them, complaining about delays with their products is absolutely ridiculous as it's out of their control, from my understanding they aren't huge, they are working on expanding their workforce to provide a better standard of customer service. Offer criticism but ensure it's constructive, the last thing we want as collectors in the UK is one less place to get products.

The problem is I can't understand their reasons for delays. They say they get their stock from Amerang, now I know other suppliers who get their stock from Amerang and they have had the items MB say have been delayed since October. So if other suppliers have them from Amerang, how have they managed not to?

They've also said that they've had the first batch and they're waiting for the next batch. I have never heard another supplier say that before, to my knowledge they just get their full order all in one go.

Finally the main issue for me that would put me off ever using them is that they ask for the full amount because the product is about to arrive and then it doesn't. Again, never heard of another supplier doing that. If you know you keep getting let down by your supplier you would wait until the items were in hand before announcing you need payment and you'll ship.

I think the main thing that makes me wary is if everything they say is true, why are we not seeing the same thing from all the other suppliers? Nobody else seems to have this problem. I've had Catwoman since October and it came from a supplier who get's their stock from Amerang, so explain to me why they still haven't got theirs?

Last edited:
Totally agree with the above post. Why do they invoice customers when the item isn't in stock. As i said earlier I sent full payment in July and 5 months later I am still waiting even though all other stores have received their stock several months ago.

I originally paid a deposit and was invoiced saying the item would be in stock within 14 days. I paid the balance and 5 months later item is still not in stock

OK, I have to admit that so far the response to my complaint from Mother's Basement has been speedy to say the least. I e-mailed on Thursday and a had a phone call and e-mail back on Friday. The upshot is that they have said that I shouldn't have been invoiced for the figure, however they were expecting it in stock but the supplier let them down. The are reviewing their paybreak policy because of this. I re-affirmed that I have no wish to cancel the order, but would expect the monies incorrectly invoiced be credited until the figure is in-hand and ready to ship as per their paybreak terms & conditions. They're going to check with the supplier on expected ship dates and if necessary refund me until the figure is ready to be shipped out. So I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

I've cancelled my Selina Kyle with them now. They said refund would take 7-10 working days.

They've also said that they've had the first batch and they're waiting for the next batch. I have never heard another supplier say that before, to my knowledge they just get their full order all in one go.

Finally the main issue for me that would put me off ever using them is that they ask for the full amount because the product is about to arrive and then it doesn't. Again, never heard of another supplier doing that

One Sixth Bruce does both of the above also

I hope they haven't been using peoples deposits and billing people early to try and stay afloat :dunno there prices are pretty reasonable and I was about to put a few orders in with them but I think I will wait it out and see what happens.

I've cancelled my Selina Kyle with them now. They said refund would take 7-10 working days.
I got a statue from them which was obviously second hand or ex display.
I sent it back and was told to wait 10 days for the refund. Got the refund after 10 days had passed then received a PayPal message saying refund had failed?
Contacted MB and told to wait another 10 days, as per their policy.
Was getting close to a month by now so opened a PayPal dispute and got my refund the next day.
Have ordered two item since without a problem but believe I would of had further problems if I didn't use PayPal.
Wouldn't pre-order anything from them now.
I hope they haven't been using peoples deposits and billing people early to try and stay afloat :dunno there prices are pretty reasonable and I was about to put a few orders in with them but I think I will wait it out and see what happens.
They have moved to a new 'larger' warehouse so are probably doing ok :dunno

I'll be very surprised if they're in business for much longer. Poor CS, and ridiculous delays will finish them off

Back