Mother's Basement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My issue was that I ordered 3 items one being the Fett mythos. I paid for the Fett in full in September and was informed they had not received their stock. It was not until the 13 December when they admitted they had received the initial stock and sold out and were waiting restocks. I was not convinced this would happen and agreed to transfer the money towards the Sauron, which I had preordered and was now in stock. On Monday I checked their website only to discover the sauron was sold out over the weekend and I had not received mine. I contacted Kate only to be informed the next day that when packaging the item there heard a rattle and upon opening realised it was damaged. The funny thing was I had not paid the remaining balance and was surprised a company would prepare an item for dispatch before recieving money. The frustrating aspect is that I ordered this item inAugust and since September they have had £420 of my money. Surely it would have been good customer service to fulfill my order for sauron (I had been informed when placing my order I was first to do so) and delayed the order of a customer who had just ordered after x-mas. At the end of the day I wish MB all the best for 2014 (Kate is very pleasent to speak to) but I will never use them again as I have no trust in them what so ever). However, if I do not receive my refund promptly I will take appropriate action

You vindictive little moron! :lol

Good luck getting your refund.
They told me it was their policy for the customer to wait ten days. After ten days I got a refund closely followed by 'payment failed' email. I was worried about time passing the 30 day PayPal guarantee so opened a dispute immediately. Received a refund the next day with a message suggesting I was being 'unreasonable' for opening a dispute.

The above is facts about my experience with MB.

One thing they do have right is that people only post when they have a problem and it can appear one-sided. I would hope that people that have had good experiences with this retailer would also speak up.

I said earlier that I have ordered twice since I had my issues with them, Mezco Chucky and Scar Predator. Both arrived safely in good time.

One thing they do have right is that people only post when they have a problem and it can appear one-sided. I would hope that people that have had good experiences with this retailer would also speak up.

I ordered a seven piece Hall Of Armour set, Loki, Jake Sully, Evil Superman and two Tony Stark armour test from them in the summer.
Jake was dispatched fairly fast, no grumbles there. Loki took a little longer but, once again, not that much delayed, so i couldn't complain.
Tony took forever and i eventually cancelled. But it took the best part of a month for a refund, and only came when i posted publicly on their facebook page.
Evil Superman(Ordered as a christmas present in august, after most had already got their Evil Supes figures), only arrived a few days before Christmas.
I am still waiting for word of the Hall Of Armour. But i am not in a rush for that.
I'd hope it wasn't seen as me badmouthing them, but there have been a few delays.
I'd hope i am not getting called a moron for stating that i had to wait for a while to get a refund, or to get items paid for in full many months before.

For a positive angle, I have successfully ordered a Jake Sully, Barney Ross and Phil Coulson, all of which were dispatched on the same day for next day delivery. These were in stock items though, and not preorders.

Hence I can't personally fault them on the "in stock" dispatch element from my personal experience.

It does look like they are adjusting their pre-order business because it wasn't working as it was.

I only clicked on this thread because of the funny store name. Curious that with probably only a handful of people posting on an isolated forum that I gather very few people actually read this thread how overboard their response was.

They basically magnified negative word of mouth to every customer they have...seems they're the morons here. Why wouldn't they just post their rebutle to the complaints here?

I only clicked on this thread because of the funny store name. Curious that with probably only a handful of people posting on an isolated forum that I gather very few people actually read this thread how overboard their response was.

They basically magnified negative word of mouth to every customer they have...seems they're the morons here. Why wouldn't they just post their rebutle to the complaints here?

Or rise above and not mention it at all like any normal business would?

I don't agree that normal business let bad word of mouth travel around if they truly don't agree with it.

Or rise above and not mention it at all like any normal business would?

:exactly::exactly: They go on about the stress, bullying and industrial espionage. It's ridiculous. They need to grow thicker skins. It's a dog eat dog world In business and they need to roll with punches not start a ***** fest slagging ppls genuine concerns off.

I do not doubt for a second that if a impartial poll was conducted that over 90% of Mothers Basements customers would state that they are satisfied with the service they have received, possible closer to 100% if the poll was only for in stock items. If this was not the case they would be out of business by now or close to going out of business.

Their problems with the dissatisfied customers for which I am one, is/was their operating practices. I am sure no one would like to pay in full for an item that is due in stock within 14 days and still not receive it after 4 months. If Mothers Basement had informed me that unfortunately their could could not fulfil all orders with their initial supply and provided me with an option of a refund or to wait for restocks then this would have addressed my concerns. However they informed me that they had not received stock form the UK distributor whilst all other UK retailers had. Obviously after several weeks I grew more concerned that I would miss out on the item I had pre-ordered and would have to resort to ebay My other concern was I was unsure if the company were mis-leading me. Eventually in December I was told the truth that the initial supplies had sold through. When I requested a refund I was informed that my initial deposit would not be refundable. At this point I had to make them aware that Kate had promised me a full refund if the item was not in stock by december and that they were breaking their own terms and conditions in regards to breaching their 14 day contract. Ultimately I believe my feedback has led them to change they policy to requesting payment once the item is in stock. I also alerted them to the feedback on this forum which I informed them I was contributing to.

My reasoning for his was that hopefully they would read the feedback and understand that a percentage of customers were unhappy and address our concerns. Unfortunately, there have taken the view that we are morons and do not deserve good service. Another interesting issue I think will arise is their pre-order price promise in regards to offering to beat competitors prices by 10% (this may I have changed since I place my orders in august). aN example being that currently one-sixth bruce is taking pre-orders on the new Hot Toys batman set at £375. If Mothers Basement were to meet their price promise I would expect that their would make a loss on this item.

I am also confused by the fact that on one hand MB are stating they are a small family business, whilst on the other hand stating they are a big retailer. I appreciate that in the current economic climate business is tough, however to survive you need to go that extra mile. MB state that they received over 2,500 items before Christmas and could only dispatch between 75 to 100 orders per day. Although I appreiciate that everyone deserves a family life, if this had been my business I would have been working round the clock during Christmas and New Year in order to meet customer demand. This would eventually ensure more repeat customers, which would allow the business to expand, take on more staff and make greater profits.

Finally in terms of this type of thread, I have also been let down by other retailers (FP, FPI, Toy Palace) in the past in regards to orders not being fulfilled. Although at the time I was disappointed the difference was that these retailers had not taking any money from me. Also, even though I have always had excellent customer service from Sideshow I do not post my experiences on forums as this is the level of service I expect, although I do tell them in emails.

:exactly: :goodpost:

Are they talking about this forum? You'd assume so but they mention slander and then state that someone from this forum is hacking into their site. I'd like to see the proof they have that it is someone from this forum, maybe it is, I don't know.

I do think it's very funny that they say that they are about to post their tax return that shows a very healthy profit. The main complaints are from people who have paid in full and not received their goods. I'm sure hearing that their money is contributing towards a very healthy profit is going to please them no end.

Talk about flame bait!

I was in the same boat with pre orders a 4 month wait after paying in full I needed the item so I had to cancel.Then got from another supplier. Before the delay situation I have had good service from them.And I would like to purchase from them again but not pre order.

In response to Darklord Dave, I commented early on about my positive experience, and I stand by my comments, I have a number of items on pre-order and I'm confident everything will be fine

do I agree with them calling people morons? Well that depends who they are referring to, no-one on this thread has said anything offensive, but they said forums, not forum

As far as defending themselves is concerned, I don't blame them

I don't want to start mentioning names of companies, but I will say they had some pretty rough FB comments from a well known UK seller regarding google advertising, as though MB shouldn't have advertised

A seller who still puts sly remarks in their own FB statuses, usually knocking the price promise and rewards system.

So they've not had it easy, this FB response does not discourage me from using them at all

I don't want to start mentioning names of companies, but I will say they had some pretty rough FB comments from a well known UK seller regarding google advertising, as though MB shouldn't have advertised

A seller who still puts sly remarks in their own FB statuses, usually knocking the price promise and rewards system.

Who was this? Forget this cloak and dagger nonsense, if you've mentioned it just tell us who it is.

Who was this? Forget this cloak and dagger nonsense, if you've mentioned it just tell us who it is.

It's not cloak and dagger nonsense, it's illustrating a point that it's not exactly been plain sailing for them, whilst at the same time not starting a whole other debate

If you were that interested you could go through their FB page

Yeah, because going through hundreds of posts to find what you're referring to would be so much easier than you just saying.

If you don't want to start a whole other debate don't even mention it. Cheers for half a story though, fascinating.

Back