Mother's Basement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How exactly does it impact you not knowing who I am referring to?

Other than starting another rant at a different seller, how does it affect you?

The point I am making is still a valid point without the name, the 'story' is still quiet clear without the name.

I really don't understand why this appears to have rustled your feathers?

I apologise for whatever inconvenience/frustration/offence I have caused you, but I just don't get your response

Stop being a drama queen.

There's a well known UK seller who is slating MB on their FB page and also slating MB on their own FB page. But I'm not telling you who it is.

Let me turn that question around and ask how it affects you if you just tell us who you're talking about?

I want to know because if there is someone doing this and I see it for myself and it's out of order, I'll not give them my custom.

Stop being a drama queen.

There's a well known UK seller who is slating MB on their FB page and also slating MB on their own FB page. But I'm not telling you who it is.

Let me turn that question around and ask how it affects you if you just tell us who you're talking about?

I want to know because if there is someone doing this and I see it for myself and it's out of order, I'll not give them my custom.

Chill man...

Someone put up the MJ eating popcorn gif. I'm too lazy :)

I don't think people realize that posting that gif is a sure way to get banned?

I came into this thread to comment because I saw the post on FB - since this is the largest 1/6 forum on the internet I could only assume it was this forum that was being discussed. However I haven't seen anything offensive in this thread, only customers with legitimate concerns.

However I also realize the power of bad publicity, and I wanted to make sure anything being presented on this forum was balanced.

My two cents (probably not worth anything given I've never ordered from MB)

1- yes it's not very professional to react and use the language they did but I'm sure we've all had rage moments, some just control it better than others

2- in MB defence at least they're active in answering questions on social media, in my experience it tends to be those who are impossible to contact that are the companies that you need to worry about

It transpires that the item I was thinking about ordering from MB I don't really want anymore/at the moment but if I change my mind and I start really lusting for it again I don't think I'll be put off ordering from them :)

EDIT: Oh and just to add I reckon I know who the other seller who's been apparently slating them is (I say apparently simply because I can't see any of his posts on their Facebook page)

This wouldn't happen to be a well known grey importer by any chance.

If the grey importer and i think we all know who you are,was buying from Sideshows official UK supplier and not from China then there might be a lot less competition.

I can't see how MB are making any profit trying to compete with dealers who grey import. If Sidshow did some thing about the prices of Hot Toys in the UK or at least stopped the grey importers we might all have a chance at selling Hot Toys again.

I wish Mothers Basement well and hope they can pull them selves back from the backlash. I have been doing this for a while and i'm quite use to competition but grey importers are unfair competition against those of us that buy from the official distributor.

Despite still waiting for a refund on a previous order, I placed an order with them for the NECA 1/4 1989 Batman. It's been dispatched and I should have him tomorrow, they even said they'd pick me out one that wasn't cross eyed. So can't fault their service with in stock items. Their communication is very poor though, I've sent multiple emails regarding the refund and only one was responded to. But they responded the next day when I emailed about this Batman order. Seems they want to ignore anything to do with refunds. At least, that's the impression their giving.

not the best way to go about business i know but i have you tried calling up for the refund?

there's no reason why they cant do it then and there, especially backed up with the info of the previous sent emails that have had no reply

What is grey importing exactly?

I'm getting the impression that it's a way to get the stock at HK prices or without having to pay certain duties meaning there's more profit?

It sounds dodgy anway

What is grey importing exactly?

I'm getting the impression that it's a way to get the stock at HK prices or without having to pay certain duties meaning there's more profit?

It sounds dodgy anway

Yeah. It's buying directly from HK retailers, with little or no import taxes, faster stock arriving, and more profit margins(Or cheaper prices for the buyer, and a similar profit margin as before).
It generally is a lot faster, and makes the local sellers look bad by seeming to get their stocks waaay after the grey importer.

Grey importing is selling goods without the official manufacturers knowledge. Grey importers get goods at a lower price than they would if purchased through official channels (in the UK that is Amerang) thus this makes legitimate businesses look greedy to people without the knowledge of who supplies the business.

Whilst it isn't illegal it does make it harder for legitimate businesses but can usually work in favour of the consumer.

I have heard of it with high end watches the laser mark gets removed I would not get a watch but a figure

Grey importing is selling goods without the official manufacturers knowledge. Grey importers get goods at a lower price than they would if purchased through official channels (in the UK that is Amerang) thus this makes legitimate businesses look greedy to people without the knowledge of who supplies the business.

Whilst it isn't illegal it does make it harder for legitimate businesses but can usually work in favour of the consumer.
:exactly:
What he said,it is up to Sideshow and Hot Toys to do some thing about it lower prices for the UK!

Why are we forced to charge so much more than China and even the USA (yes it is stil cheaper to grey import from the USA than buy from the UK distributor).
eg to make some profit these are the sort of prices you have to charge if your buying from the official UK distributor.

Hot Toys Thor 2 1/6 figure £199.95-£225.00
Sideshow Snake Plissken 1/6 figure £150-£160

Please note that prices vary from shops to warehouse dealers as shops have more overheads so we make less profit or have to charge more.

Its a shame it has taken all the negativity against Mothers Basement to bring this issue to light but hopefuly it will help others understand.

Back