So basically Gamingheads have turned into their own scalpers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dib_

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Just happened to look at the site the other night and noticed they had Garrus and Liara listed, but at 6x the price of when the statues originally sold. So they must have bought them up some place, dug them out of a closet--who knows--and listed them at gouger prices.

Didn't Wrex originally sell closer to $700? So they seem to have jacked up the listed prices on their past (sold out) inventory too for some reason. I know statue prices have inflated everywhere, Prime 1 are selling things at $1500 that would have been $999 a year ago. But that is bizarre.

Not sure if I told the story here, but Gamingheads stole my money outright. I was in the process of payments on two Mass Effect statues simultaneously when my credit card expired and I got a replacement from the bank. There was nowhere on the site to update the billing info. I contacted their support and they just kept saying they couldn't help me. What the ****? I changed it on Amazon, Ebay, Sideshow, Amiami, every other site with zero issue.

Did they take any action at all to assist? Take my info directly and modify the account? Credit it to my account so I could re-order? Refund the past charges? Let me pay the remainder alone then ship the statues? Nope, they started ignoring my emails after I demanded to speak to a supervisor. Note that on the site, the only way to contact them is via email. And they're foreign based, so what was I going to do--report them? Sue?

At that point it was past the date to file a chargeback on all those payments, so I never saw that money again.

When were these statues made? I was searching for some steelbook cases on eBay and ran into Garrus. Went to their website and was shocked at the prices.

And their quality isn't exactly amazing either. In particular, for femshep. Jesus Christ her face is atrocious; it looks like ******* play-doh. To think this garbage is selling for $999 US...

I suspected something was not right, but after hearing it from you, this is much worse than I thought. This is beyond scummy. I'm staying tf away from GamingHeads.

Just happened to look at the site the other night and noticed they had Garrus and Liara listed, but at 6x the price of when the statues originally sold. So they must have bought them up some place, dug them out of a closet--who knows--and listed them at gouger prices.

Didn't Wrex originally sell closer to $700? So they seem to have jacked up the listed prices on their past (sold out) inventory too for some reason. I know statue prices have inflated everywhere, Prime 1 are selling things at $1500 that would have been $999 a year ago. But that is bizarre.

Not sure if I told the story here, but Gamingheads stole my money outright. I was in the process of payments on two Mass Effect statues simultaneously when my credit card expired and I got a replacement from the bank. There was nowhere on the site to update the billing info. I contacted their support and they just kept saying they couldn't help me. What the ****? I changed it on Amazon, Ebay, Sideshow, Amiami, every other site with zero issue.

Did they take any action at all to assist? Take my info directly and modify the account? Credit it to my account so I could re-order? Refund the past charges? Let me pay the remainder alone then ship the statues? Nope, they started ignoring my emails after I demanded to speak to a supervisor. Note that on the site, the only way to contact them is via email. And they're foreign based, so what was I going to do--report them? Sue?

At that point it was past the date to file a chargeback on all those payments, so I never saw that money again.
put it on facebook and shame them.

When were these statues made? I was searching for some steelbook cases on eBay and ran into Garrus. Went to their website and was shocked at the prices.

And their quality isn't exactly amazing either. In particular, for femshep. Jesus Christ her face is atrocious; it looks like ******* play-doh. To think this garbage is selling for $999 US...

I suspected something was not right, but after hearing it from you, this is much worse than I thought. This is beyond scummy. I'm staying tf away from GamingHeads.
I want to say 2015-ish? It is a tough one to track down and when it does come up for sale, would routinely sell for $1k. Ebay started limiting the look-back time for auctions some years ago, but that was one I hunted for a long time and was always outbid.

Quality wise, they're definitely $350 statues. I own six or seven of the Mass Effect ones including the male Shepard from Sideshow--also a $350 statue, and there's virtually no distinction in quality or size.

Back