Mortal Kombat vs. DC is official.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its probably been posted already but according to the latest interviews:

943566_20080623_embed002.jpg

So Gamespot had a lil' interview with Mortal Kombat creator Ed Boon about the upcoming Mortal Kombat Vs. DC, and the question and answer floating around the nerderwebs is about how the DC superheroes with mesh with MK's "fatality" system is this one (pinched from the Newsarama blog):

Gamespot: Have you made any more headway on the fatality versus finishing moves?

Boon: Yes we have. All of the MK characters and all of the DC villains will have fatalities. The DC heroes who don’t kill that often will have brutalities that will function just like fatalities but don’t actually kill the opponent.

Uh-huh. Let's take a quick look at this, shall we? It's nice that the villains will have Fatality moves (here's hoping Dr. Light will be a playable character, and can rape Johnny Cage to death), but what if any heroes will actually have Fatalities? The only DC heroine I can think of that kills is Wonder Woman, thanks to her execution of Max Lord a few years ago, which garnered her a severe amount of tsk-ing from both Batman and Superman. But would a Wonder Woman Fatality be cool to watch? At best, won't it be her just cutting off someone's head?

And what about these Brutalities? Like, think of the Flash—what could his Brutality move be other than running around super-fast and pummeling his opponent? Shouldn't that be one of his regular goddamn moves? What the hell will any of these Brutalities be except demonstrations of the characters' superpowers you won't be able to use in the regular game?

Last but not least, take a good look at the picture at the top of this article. Yes, the Flash, a guy who can run at the speed of light, has been put in an armlock by a satanic ninja. I feel this is a problem.

Again: T rated. Unless you're talking about a robot or something, there won't be dismemberments at all. They're saying "Fatalities" will be in the game, which means after you've won a match there will be some finisher you can perform, but it won't be too bloody and it certainly won't be gory like most other MK games.

Picture the fatalities from Mortal Kombat "1" for the SNES.

it will be just like capcom vs marvel or what ever new people better graphics i asume maybe cartoon like or if its like the picture above 3-d looking i could be cool but i dont think it will be anything like mortal kombat just the characters

I always felt the violence in these last "3D" Mortal Kombats has been really cheesey. I mean the blood squirts out in this huge balls. :confused:

I still think the game could be really good. I mean the Fatalities can't be any worse than in Armageddon. :rolleyes:

yeah when it comes to mortal kombat 2 had the best detail in fatalitys and the rest i felt were cheesie but can only expect if there is fatalitys they will be cheesie

truthfuly if the acually put some time and thought in to the dc fatalitys the would be dope i think but knowing that dc has never went that rought i cant imagin that theyll have good ones but i sure hope iv been a fan of the mortal kombats but only one through ultimate i never liked the 3-d ones

Here's my list of dream DC Fighters, in my opinion;

Superman
Batman
Flash
Green Lantern
Robin
The Joker
Wonderwoman
Catwoman
Swamp Thing Bizarro
Harley Quinn
Sludgeface
The Riddler
Two-Face
DEATHSTROKE
The Sandman

I know that most of them are Batman related, but he is my favorite super-hero. There are probably PLENTY more that I meant to add, but I just watched RAMBO III and my mind is still trying to recover. I almost put The Hulk at the bottom! oops

-CJK

My guesses at what 10 DC characters are in it:

Batman
Superman
Flash
Catwoman

Joker - he's the Joker afterall
Lex Luthor - biggest Supes villian
Solomon Grundy - mirrors large MK bosses
Martian Manhunter - mirrors Shang Tsung
Green Lantern - fairly big DC hero, cool powers
??? One more DC villian. I think 5 heroes and 5 villians sounds right though.

Back