Mortal Kombat vs. DC is official.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope this one's in there.....

finishher.gif

This will suck, mark my words. The loss the gore really detracts from the MK brand and in reality DC characters whom have taken more of a "GOD" stance in the comic universe fighting mortal or lesser supernatural characters? The pairing is stupid and I wish that WB and Marvel would just man up, make a Marvel vs DC game and not only allow fanboys to go nuts making it one of the best selling games to date but also have the ability to roll around in the mounds of cash they'd be raking in.

let's face it...apart from the gore was MK really a good fighting game?

I think not

I think so. The gory was also over the top and cartoony, I think it would be better if it was real and dark and gritty.

My first Mk was for the SNES which was sans blood, and it was still a great game. Why because the characters are so awesome. Anything with a ninja that can freeze things, a specter from hell that is a ninja, and a bruce lee rip off is awesome.

I'm not much of a DC fan, but wouldn't Superman squish any of the MK characters without even thinking about it?
i dunno, Superman always has trouble with magic and don't some MK characters have magic attacks?
________
Blaster

Last edited:
i dunno, Superman always has trouble with magic and don't some MK characters have magic attacks?

true, but wouldn't Hulk kill Jill in one swipe?

This will suck, mark my words. The loss the gore really detracts from the MK brand and in reality DC characters whom have taken more of a "GOD" stance in the comic universe fighting mortal or lesser supernatural characters? The pairing is stupid and I wish that WB and Marvel would just man up, make a Marvel vs DC game and not only allow fanboys to go nuts making it one of the best selling games to date but also have the ability to roll around in the mounds of cash they'd be raking in.

I totally agree with your MK/DC statement. I am still thinking this is a really late Aprils fools joke...actually hopeing. Marvel Vs DC would suck if it were done by any other company besides capcom, with the "Vs" engine.

I am still thinking this is a really late Aprils fools joke...actually hopeing. Marvel Vs DC would suck if it were done by any other company besides capcom, with the "Vs" engine.

Not a joke. This game has actually been rumored for months now.

Ugh...it's in 3D? The 3D Mortal Kombat games have all been mediocre, save one. The animations for the martial arts moves are stiff and unconvincing even in this newest iteration.

I've never been a big fan of Mortal Kombat. Like someone else here said, without all the blood and controversy that sprang up around it, MK wouldn't be where it is today. Anybody who's been playing fighting games competitively for a while knows that MK pales in comparison to the likes of Street Fighter, King of Fighters, and actually, most japanese 2d fighters out there.

This whole DC universe match-up feels like a last ditch effort to save a dying series. This was possibly one of the worst ideas I've ever seen. Why not Marvel vs. DC? (developed by Capcom, of course).

Ugh...it's in 3D? The 3D Mortal Kombat games have all been mediocre, save one. The animations for the martial arts moves are stiff and unconvincing even in this newest iteration.

I've never been a big fan of Mortal Kombat. Like someone else here said, without all the blood and controversy that sprang up around it, MK wouldn't be where it is today. Anybody who's been playing fighting games competitively for a while knows that MK pales in comparison to the likes of Street Fighter, King of Fighters, and actually, most japanese 2d fighters out there.

This whole DC universe match-up feels like a last ditch effort to save a dying series. This was possibly one of the worst ideas I've ever seen. Why not Marvel vs. DC? (developed by Capcom, of course).

Of course because CAPCOM made the winner Street Fighter EX, remember that? Yea thought not....

Touche, good sir, touche. However, the fact that SF EX sucked doesn't make any of the 3D MK games any better. And to clarify, I was speaking solely of the 2D Mortal Kombat games in my second paragraph.

SF 2d > MK 2d. SF 3d sucks. MK 3d sucks.

Touche good sir. I believe the only good 3D MK game was the first, Deadly Alliance. The rest were sub par at best. It seems both franchises have struggled to break into 3D. SFIV may prove to be very good, it looks good, but it's more 3d fighters and environments in a sort of hybrid 2d/3d game.

But however that fighter was released seems to be how it works best. Tekken, Virtua Fighter, DOA, Soul Caliber wouldn't be very good in 2D, just like MK and F haven't done well in 3D.

agreed. this is like a final fantasy game with just one character...:lol

It seems you've never played FF7 Crisis Core. Or FFXI. Or Kingdom Hearts I & II. Or FF7 Dirge of Cerberus (although it's probably better that you didn't play this particular one).

It seems you've never played FF7 Crisis Core. Or FFXI. Or Kingdom Hearts I & II. Or FF7 Dirge of Cerberus (although it's probably better that you didn't play this particular one).

Exactly, if you would actually play it and not judge he would realize it's one of the best FF games and best handheld games in years. It's not meant to be this full blown RPG. It has more of a kingdom hearts formula which is understood because this is Zack's story.

Back