MMS83 - Hellboy II – HELLBOY figure Spec and Hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The photos of this figure are amazing!

I've kind of stayed away from this thread because while I am a huge Hellboy (comic) fan, I ordered the Hot Toys figure with the assumption that I may have to cancel due to the price and that I'm trying to keep my collection streamlined and uncluttered with random figures from various properties. So when I got my 15-20 day notice today from SS I figured I would be canceling.

That is until I went back to this thread.

I'm having a very hard time canceling this figure now, and I'm not going to if I can help it. The movies were alright, decently enjoyable, but the comic is one of the best out there and is one of the three mags I still read. As a figure, I see nothing to complain about - this is one of the best Hellboy items out there! :rock

-----------

As an afterthought I would love to see someone customize his pants into shorts and come up with a way to present his feet as hooves, sans boots, like in the comic. That would be an impressive custom.

yonose beat me with HB wearing a shirt:D
here's mine:naughty
DSC08747.jpg

DSC08755.jpg

breaktime !
DSC08772.jpg

DSC08765.jpg

DSC08775.jpg

Just remember putting a shirt on him is probably going to stain the body. Jack Krauser's pretty black under his shirt so be warned!

Great minds!:lol Awesome pics!
I've been meaning to ask you what that gear you have him posed with is? It looks like you yanked it off a tractor.

a friend of mine works at a car shop...called him and ask if they have any gears that don't need and he gave me two of them..he's actually on a lookout for a bigger one so i can recast it and make the base for HB :D

Rob

Just remember putting a shirt on him is probably going to stain the body. Jack Krauser's pretty black under his shirt so be warned!

Whoa is that true? Does it depend on the shirt? Maybe Krauser's shirt had an excess of dye or something on it? I've never actually owned an HT figure with a muscle body (amazing, I know), so this is good to know. thanks for the heads up, Buttmunch.

Anyway, thanks for the pics, YoNoSe and r5150s. I'm getting irritated looking at your photos and waiting for TOys2 to ship mine out, whenever that'll be. (That and Iron Man MK II).

It did the same thing to the Rambo 3 figures... at least the loose one I got was starting to stain before I removed the shirt for a custom. Luckily I was able to take care of it with a light cleaning.

It did the same thing to the Rambo 3 figures... at least the loose one I got was starting to stain before I removed the shirt for a custom. Luckily I was able to take care of it with a light cleaning.

oh man..after all the effort putting that shirt on:lol it was a pain :google

a friend of mine works at a car shop...called him and ask if they have any gears that don't need and he gave me two of them..he's actually on a lookout for a bigger one so i can recast it and make the base for HB :D

Rob

That's awesome! I actually have a friend who owns a body shop.....hmmm...:D

I'm planning on taking the shirt off and using it on a regular Truetype that I'm going to bulk up and paint. Hopefully then I'll have a fully articulated HB, too.

Woooo! You got the arm up to parallel shoulder level! Is it hard to accomplish that? (because of the rubber body?)

I wonder if it would help to wash the shirt before putting it on. Get the excess dye out of it.

That was probably me, Lee. White vinegar. It should help on these stretchy fabrics, which are probably colored with acid dyes. It won't help with cotton dyes.

Places like Joanne's or a quilting supplier sell products specifically made for setting dyes. Amazon sells some too. Retayne, Raycafix, Dharma Dye Fixative, Aljo Pro-fix PCD are some of the products. Synthrapol is a wash for removing excess dye, and there's also a Synthrapol product for setting what's left, but this may result in a lighter looking color. I haven't used any of these products myself yet. Most carry warnings that are only important for 1:1 use, where there will be further laundering. Since this is probably a one-time washing we're talking about, any of them should help here.

Last edited:
Back