MMS83 - Hellboy II – HELLBOY figure Spec and Hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fair enough. Put big red back. Do it now.

I hope he smites Rasputin for his ill intent toward his admirers.

Big Red is takin' a break.

000_0157.jpg

Thanks!

Here's a closeup -

101_3587.jpg

A few observations I've seen people ask about -

There is no wire in the coat.

This is my first experience with a muscle body and I was surprised at how limited the articulation is, and I was expecting it to be limited. The elbows are pretty easy to move but the shoulders are tougher. I think it's a fair sacrifice for the beautiful sculpt and texture though. It makes it feel like a poseable statue.

The RHOD is very easily disassembled. The hand pops out and the stone forearm is a hollow tube that slides off the arm. Underneath is a full normal forearm. This is good news for me as I'd like to customize a more poseable body with a regular Truetype and that means it'll be easy to put the RHOD on.

BE CAREFUL unbottoning his holster and pouches. They did not use a normal snap. It's a metal ring on the flap and a small peg that it snaps onto and my holster was extremely tight. So tight that the peg pulled out of the holster on my first try. It was an easy fix but I won't be fully buttoning the holster again.

I expected the rubber body to feel fragile with all the talk of rotting bodies but it feels extremely sturdy and solid. I can't imagine it falling apart anytime soon (knock on wood).

His nipples taste rubbery. But don't let that stop you.
Wait, what'd I say?!:horror

His nipples taste rubbery. But don't let that stop you.
Wait, what'd I say?!

Spit my coffee reading that quote....

Why......Thank you

:wacky:monkey5:wacky

Man, I sold all my 1/6 and vowed never to return, PF and Comiquette were going to be it, numero uno, the holy grail, the big cheese, alpha and omega, queen and country, ruler of the roost.....

This 1/6 Hellboy isn't helping make my uno grail cheese omega country roost seem very appetizing.....

Damn it......

Damn it Damn it Damn it.......

Damn you Hot Toys for making a 1/6 Hellboy II figure look just as good IF not better than his PF counterpart!

Got Mine Today! Whoo-Hoo! :rock

(I apologize for the shaky shots....I busted my hand during the weekend.)

Hellboy001.jpg

Hellboy002.jpg

Hellboy003.jpg

Hellboy004.jpg

Hellboy005.jpg

Hellboy006.jpg

Hellboy008.jpg

Hellboy009.jpg

Hellboy010.jpg

Great pics! Mine should be here next month. Sorry about your hand!

Thanks Ween! It should be fine soon.

Great pics Mike! Can't wait to get this one. How's the articulation on this one?

Limited or at least really tight, the muscle body makes even bending the elbow difficult but it holds its positioning really well. I love the figure though and can't wait to get Abe.

Cool! I saw someone post something similar to the PF pose. I'd like to go with that if possible.

Refer to post #570

That's possible but pretty hard to replicate. It'd be defying the instruction limits enclosed. A risk if you display him like that for any length of time. It's hard to get the arm to bend that far at the shoulder. That makes it hard to get him to balance on his own. The pants creep up when bending the knee until its up over his boot. His head is hard to angle back as far as on HT site. They must have done something to the site pictures to get that pose if you ask me, but I guess your not, so someone else can reiterate my sentiment if they'd like.

I wonder the effects on the body if left like that. My guess is with the body doing this the plastic would break down sooner rather than later.

The internal body would be fine. The rubber outer would likely crack, split and tear. That'd be why they enclose a warning. The less tension put on this rubber the longer the figure will survive. Then there's climate to consider to avoid degradation down the line. So pose them while their fresh and resilient.

They make it looks so good and easy in their pics. :censored HotToys. :taz

The rubber is great. Looks great. Feels great. Tastes great. Hmmm nipples. Is great. Lucky I didn't step on it. :lol

Back