MMS121 - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Whiplash Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So i bleached the pants ..i used a thick bleach and liquid detergent ..came out pretty well, maybe a little on the pale side but 10 times better then what it was ..but the burns are now very faint ..i still think that actually burning those parts with a lighter may give the desired look ..i used a lighter for burning holes in king leo's cape and that came out very well.

Will post pic once i have found a suitable pose.

You could try to light a match, blow it out, and rub the head of the match on the parts of the pants you want to add more burn effect to.

Now that all you guys figured out a way to dye the pants the correct color, this fig is starting to really, really jump up on my want list. I originally pre-ordered it but decided to cancel....now I want it again.

i just ordered one

how do you guys like the likeness in person

I think the likeness is fantastic and the sculpt is very realistic, personally i'd like the expression he has on the box( the same one he has in the film just after he has tony wrapped up in his whips, the holy ____ i'm killing ironman,and its kind of turning me on look) ..but i can see where the expression they went with came from ..its the sort of lazy i'm going to kick your ass look he has while walking towards tony ..just before he starts skipping.

yeah the crazed look wouldve been cool...change o head dammnit!

lol

doesnt come with toothpick right?

I'm starting a light mod for his whips and harness and so I had to remove the unit. He didn't look right without the rig and still be in the orange jumper so I pulled out some extra clothes that I had to fill in. Must say I'm really liking it. Its Wolverine pants and shirt, with a Stark belt.

IMG_20101002_235703.jpg

That was my plan as well for a 'casual' Vanko. There just isn't a blue hoodie like the one he wears, but he does look great without one. Shows off the tattoos a lot better.

So many awesome pictures, I want to get one, but I'm hoping for a Version 2 Whiplash, am I wasting my time wishing on something that'll never come ? :`(

So many awesome pictures, I want to get one, but I'm hoping for a Version 2 Whiplash, am I wasting my time wishing on something that'll never come ? :`(

I would go ahead and get one it's a great figure. You won't be disappointed. A Version 2 Whiplash and some Hammer Drones is on my list as well. Also, I want the Mark V figurine and hoping that they will include the suit case and Tony Stark racing outfit. But, I am planning on collecting all the Iron Man 2 line and who knows when these figures will be announced.

Why wait for something that is not confirmed. Also the two would be so different that it should have little to no impact on the value of WL so worse case you can sell it then without much loss if at all. Wait for a good deal now and you are likely to gain a bit vs having to pay stupid money to get it when it's sold out in regular channels

I can't see that happening dude.

I would go ahead and get one it's a great figure. You won't be disappointed. A Version 2 Whiplash and some Hammer Drones is on my list as well. Also, I want the Mark V figurine and hoping that they will include the suit case and Tony Stark racing outfit. But, I am planning on collecting all the Iron Man 2 line and who knows when these figures will be announced.

Why wait for something that is not confirmed. Also the two would be so different that it should have little to no impact on the value of WL so worse case you can sell it then without much loss if at all. Wait for a good deal now and you are likely to gain a bit vs having to pay stupid money to get it when it's sold out in regular channels

Yeah, you guys are right. I've been holding back, but I guess I cannot let this get away, he looks so awesome and with the pants bleaching he looks fantastic.

Plus for me, this. The better look. Its so unique and different from the rest of the iron man stuff. They put so much detail into the rig and tattoos(which wouldnt be shown in a v2). Its definitely worth to pick this one up. You wont regret it.

Back