MMS121 - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Whiplash Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
iron.jedi83- I felt the exact way you do about the whole bleaching the pants thing. You really have nothing to worry about. It is so easy. Just follow the recipe a few pages back to the letter and you won't have any problems what so ever, and you will be so much happier with Whiplash.

^I say do as you see fit (wing it)... any oxidizing agent will do.... bleach being a cheap solution, heat/warm water will increase reaction. I don't believe you can get it lighter, with excessive oxidizing agent...I purposely left it in high bleach concentration for more than 5 minutes. There was no colour change after the initial few minutes...

I finally got around and took some pics:

picture.php

picture.php

I am very happy how the jumpsuits turned out. :) It was really easy to do. Thanks to everyone for the great tips on how to achieve this. :hi5:

Just curious, why did you want two of him?

I am not going to keep it displayed like that. I don't have very much display area right now. I do plan on designing some figure environments next year when I get better custom displays made [That I am currently designing] and of course get the time. That's my plan anyway. Or if all else fails, if HT doesn't make a Rourke for The Expendables line I can try turning one of these into one. So, why not have two. :)

I just opened mine- what a stunning piece of work- certainly up there as HT's best. It is breathtaking to look at, amazing detailing...

Finally, here is a pic of how mine turned out after bleaching. Totally happy with it and congrats to anyone who makes a great piece even better.
whiplash.jpg

Another successful bleaching!

3.JPG

166.JPG

With old pants in front so you can see difference.

167.JPG

Sorry for the grainyness. I didn't want to use a flash.

alright guys, these bleaching methods make it look so good im gonna attempt it!!! ive tried looking for the directions to do the bleach process and totally dont want to screw up, i know its a pain but could somebody please post a detailed instruction for this? Im ready to do this now! Thanks guys!

this is what's going around:

1. 1 cup water, 1.5 cups bleach (not colorsafe bleach)

2. a sink full of water and laundry detergent on the side

3. hold the pants in the bleach solution for 30 seconds (you could hold in it till desired color. but be advised the bleach is still working even after you just pulled it out of the solution)

4. remove pants from solution and drop it in the sink with water and detergent and soak it and just sorta hand wash it.

5. squeeze excess water out and air dry.

that's what I did and I am very happy with the color. None of my burns got bleached out either.

I did that, saw the results, but still wanted them brighter based on the below screenshots, so I put them in for another 5-7 seconds.

whip1.jpg

whip2.jpg

It's all personal preference, but way super easy. Besides if you're unhappy, a new set of pants from eBay can be on its way!

Good luck and post your results and what you think!

Last edited:
You can do no wrong.... I used high concentration bleach (50%) and dip it in for 5 minutes ... Basically, the colour oxidised will to orange and will no longer change (you could say a plateau stage of the reaction where time and oxidizing agent present will not cause anymore colour change)...

Warm or hot water/solution, the faster the reaction.

Back