1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

:lol Merry Xmas to you and my .... some of the worthy Freaks here ;)

Yes thank you friend. But can any of you kindly answer my question?will temperatures of 60-70 degrees farenheit affect the suit? It will make my Christmas merry haha.

sorry, not sure about farenheit....
but really noone can give you exact temperature these stay in best shape, just try to avoid too much unnecessary heat and dryness but most importantly UV light from direct sunlight. But in the end noone has done any true study to come up with a truly scientific guideline

Not sure if anyone here can help me but I just bought a Batman DX02 and right out of the box the right elbow won't stay bent. Just flops back streight. Is there a way to stiffen up that elbow without replacing the elbow/arm? I bought it from another forum member new in box so I can't really "return" it.

This is my first Hot Toys fig and so far it has not been a good experience. lol

Last edited:

Not sure if anyone here can help me but I just bought a Batman DX02 and right out of the box the right elbow won't stay bent. Just flops back streight. Is there a way to stiffen up that elbow without replacing the elbow/arm? I bought it from another forum member new in box so I can't really "return" it.

theres nothing you cam really do about thay since the rubber suit hinders any sort of posibility....

Just noticed on my DX Bats that the belt was a little too high, so I went to move it and what did I find! A drop of oil / resudue on the abs. And this is a late DCD Batch, it was one of the last BBTS Had. Hard abs and all that.

When I first got it the right arm had a tiny spec of oil under the bicep armour, that was straight out of the packaging on the first day. I wiped it and have had tissue under the bicep armour off and on since. That arm is fine as of today. However the left arm, which was fine at first, had drops of oil on the bicep armour today along with the belt.

Beats me, it really does. I think it's just any areas which come into contact with another piece of the figure, like the belt on top of the abs, the armour on top of the arms. That's my only guess. I love this figure but it's definitely not gonna last forever :lol

theres nothing you cam really do about thay since the rubber suit hinders any sort of posibility....

But from the pictures it seems the right arm should bend and hold at the elbow. My left are does. Also, any shot where the right arm is holding the rifle has the right arm bent. I know the rubber suit makes it tougher of course I just wish the joint was stiffer.

Holy crap did we get a-lot of snow, and it's still going Shining mad!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

I still dont believe peeps kept buying this piece of sh-t even after everyone knew about the problems. And HT will never fix the leak issues in future release because you fan boys kept giving them your hard earned money for this crappy release.

Guys would the dx survive in a room with the heat on about high 60s low 70s in temperature? I got it today n I wanna display it but not sure if it's possible

That sounds like normal room temperature to me, doesn't it? If so, I would think that would be fine.

Is it just one arm that's noticeably floppier? If so, the arm has probably been disconnected at the elbow.

I'm not really sure how the Truetype's elbow joint works - haven't had to fix one of those myself (I've fixed knees and abs). You'll probably be dealing with one of three situations - either the forearm has just been pulled out of its slot, some glue has worn out, or something has snapped/broken.

If it's the first case, then you may be able to wiggle the forearm back into place with a bit of pressure - definitely take off the hand and gauntlets before trying anything! You may want to peel back the rubber sleeve, if possible, to see what's going on first. But if it's just something come loose, then you can probably push it back into position without having to keep the rubber peeled back.

If some glue has worn, you may need to apply some first, before pushing the forearm back into place - again, you'll have to peel back the rubber, not only to check this, but to fix it as well. I know the knees use some glue, but I'm not sure about the elbows.

If something has snapped, then your figure's permanently damaged. Depending on the extent and position of any cracks or damage, it may or may not be reparable to some extent with superglue.

I'm not an expert though, so ANY advice you take from me is strictly at your own risk.

Hey all, I was reading up on different types of rubber and came across a few urethane rubbers that secrete their own releasing agents to aid in the demolding process. These agents have an oil like consistency. If one of these rubbers was used for casting it would explain why the rubber is leaking oil. Thought I'd share.

monkey, I found way back in my research maybe March or so, thermoplastic rubber.

HT solved my problem. I had a first batch TDK DX 02 figure. They replaced it for another one. Same problem, the leaking abs. Then, when DC batch came, they replaced it again. Solved for good. It has been over 4 months and no more oil from the abs. Costumer service was amazing. I'm still waiting for some missing ball joints, but that's a minor thing.

You obviously didn't read up, CristiMAN.

Even if the heat is turned on n the official temperature of the room is high 60s low 70s in temperature?

I love his look....but man does his rubber body suit piss me off.

Sometimes I get so pissed off at him that I just want to pose him until he rips his damn suit, it's like I Hulk out or something :gah:

C'mon HT, get moving on compromise engineering at R&D will ya :lol

Even if the heat is turned on n the official temperature of the room is high 60s low 70s in temperature?

I don't know what you are asking here. Are you asking us what the temperature is in your room, when the heat is turned on? How should we know?

You asked if this figure could be stored/displayed in a room with a temperature in high 60s and low 70s. I said that sounds like "room temperature" to me, which means it's an average temperature of a room inside a building, suitable for human comfort.

Wikipedia defines "room temperature" as being from about 68 degrees to 77 degrees, Fahrenheit. So you are asking if these are fine to store/display in "room temperature," since that includes high 60s and low 70s.

Yes, these figures are meant to be displayed in "room temperature." So high 60s and low 70s should be fine. What else would you expect?

You can probably deviate from those temperatures by several degrees at least, without any problems as well. Obviously don't put it right in front of or above a heater, but that should be common sense - you don't want super-hot air blowing on it at regular intervals.

I still dont believe peeps kept buying this piece of sh-t even after everyone knew about the problems. And HT will never fix the leak issues in future release because you fan boys kept giving them your hard earned money for this crappy release.

Totally agree. I'm very glad I passed on both the DX pieces. They're charging "A" prices for crap produced in "C" factories, IMO.

In 2008-09, I spent well over $1K on HT product, and here's what I got:

1. A Joker that looked like Mickey Rourke (V1) in an outfit that was more cheaply made than a $90 figure from DCD.
2. A Joker with a perfect likeness in a variant outfit that he wore for 5 minutes of screen time (V2)
3. A Batman that was damn near flawless (V1,) but very hard to obtain
4. A Batman that won't hold a pose (V2)
5. A Batpod vehicle that you can't get the figure to stay on (see above)
6. A Batmobile vehicle that came missing a set of spoilers (1 month to receive part from HT Customer Service)
7. An Iron Man (Mk.1,) that was the most impressive 1/6 scale figure I've ever seen, but came with corroded batteries.

The apologists around this board will say I'm being overly picky, but when I shell out that kind of money for a toy, I expect the QC to be in line with the pricing.

When you combine the above with the Scarecrow/Demon Bats debacle, I'm ready to walk away from HT for the foreseeable future.

The apologists around this board will say I'm being overly picky, but when I shell out that kind of money for a toy, I expect the QC to be in line with the pricing.

When you combine the above with the Scarecrow/Demon Bats debacle, I'm ready to walk away from HT for the foreseeable future.

I agree with pretty much all of what you're saying. What is the Scarecrow/Demon Bats debacle? Just that the figures suck? (Cause they do.)

Back