1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

I still dont believe peeps kept buying this piece of sh-t even after everyone knew about the problems. And HT will never fix the leak issues in future release because you fan boys kept giving them your hard earned money for this crappy release.

Not all of the DCD batches are ____ed up.

3. A Batman that was damn near flawless (V1,) but very hard to obtain
4. A Batman that won't hold a pose (V2)

Not sure what you mean - by "V1," do you mean the OC Batman? That one was hard to obtain - but "v1 Batman" around these parts tends to mean the TDK suit Batman (not the DX version). Which was in no way hard to obtain.

By the same token, I'm not sure what you mean by "V2." But I don't think the poseability is all that different in any of the 3 Batman figures HT made - that is, they all were kind of limited.

As far as the first Joker figure and his likeness - what you see is what you get. There were no surprises with that figure. It looked terrible, and if you went for it, you can't really blame Hot Toys, since the pics of the sculpt weren't hidden or anything.

A grand is considered as peanuts when you are talking bout collecting HT. Even my friend's young nephew's HT collection is easily worth 3Gs, and he's only been collecting over a year.

Totally agree. I'm very glad I passed on both the DX pieces. They're charging "A" prices for crap produced in "C" factories, IMO.

In 2008-09, I spent well over $1K on HT product, and here's what I got:

1. A Joker that looked like Mickey Rourke (V1) in an outfit that was more cheaply made than a $90 figure from DCD.
2. A Joker with a perfect likeness in a variant outfit that he wore for 5 minutes of screen time (V2)
5. A Batpod vehicle that you can't get the figure to stay on (see above)
6. A Batmobile vehicle that came missing a set of spoilers (1 month to receive part from HT Customer Service)
7. An Iron Man (Mk.1,) that was the most impressive 1/6 scale figure I've ever seen, but came with corroded batteries.

The apologists around this board will say I'm being overly picky, but when I shell out that kind of money for a toy, I expect the QC to be in line with the pricing.

When you combine the above with the Scarecrow/Demon Bats debacle, I'm ready to walk away from HT for the foreseeable future.

So what are the chances of a re-issue od DX02 batman you guys think?
i was late in finding out about these figures and am dying for one but not enough cash to buy at rediculous ebay prices

So what are the chances of a re-issue od DX02 batman you guys think?
i was late in finding out about these figures and am dying for one but not enough cash to buy at rediculous ebay prices

I still remember when the DX Batman was selling for like $160 on vikingplayground. Wasn't till the T2 T800 that I just had to make the jump from 7" to 1/6 scale.

A grand is considered as peanuts when you are talking bout collecting HT. Even my friend's young nephew's HT collection is easily worth 3Gs, and he's only been collecting over a year.

Yeah, well I don't collect HT, I collect BATMAN, and the $1K+ represents only a small part of the expendable income I've invested in the character in the decades I've been collecting. I've got over 30,000 pieces in my collection, pieces spanning from 1949 to present. I don't regret a dime I've invested in the HT product, but I expect to get my money's worth, and not have to chase down parts for a BRAND NEW $400 toy (Tumbler.)

I hope your "friend's young nephew" has found the money he's spent on his toys to be rewarding.

To some of the others, when I said "V1," I was referring to the OC, which IS damn near flawless.

I bought the V1 Joker not knowing HT was going back to the well TWICE.

The "Scarecrow/Demon Bats debacle" I was referring to was the fact that it appears to be an "Asia Exclusive," and will be almost impossible to obtain for a reasonable sum.

Hey I got the Batman DX but im not familiar with these hot toys stands. Are the hooks of the stand supposed to be ouching batman's crotch area to keep him standing or does his but rest on that square like part? Someone tell me how maybe with a side pic please?

Totally agree. I'm very glad I passed on both the DX pieces. They're charging "A" prices for crap produced in "C" factories, IMO.

In 2008-09, I spent well over $1K on HT product, and here's what I got:

1. A Joker that looked like Mickey Rourke (V1) in an outfit that was more cheaply made than a $90 figure from DCD.
2. A Joker with a perfect likeness in a variant outfit that he wore for 5 minutes of screen time (V2)
5. A Batpod vehicle that you can't get the figure to stay on (see above)
6. A Batmobile vehicle that came missing a set of spoilers (1 month to receive part from HT Customer Service)
7. An Iron Man (Mk.1,) that was the most impressive 1/6 scale figure I've ever seen, but came with corroded batteries.

The apologists around this board will say I'm being overly picky, but when I shell out that kind of money for a toy, I expect the QC to be in line with the pricing.

When you combine the above with the Scarecrow/Demon Bats debacle, I'm ready to walk away from HT for the foreseeable future.

I agree with a lot of what you say, and HT customer service really seems to be hit and miss - some people say it's fantastic, I personally have never had a response to queries or requests for assistance with broken parts. I do think you're reaching a bit with your TDK OC Batman criticism (after all, it's not their fault that DCD were late to realise how well this line was selling and chose only to order the new costume) and apart from the lapels on the overcoat not sitting right I thought Joker V1's costume was really pretty good. Also I don't think there's any way you can call a factory that turns out paint applications like HT's a "C" factory :)

I do think that HT were caught off guard a bit by their own success. From what I can tell the Batman line was the main catalyst that brought them out of the "specialty Asian market" and into "global retailer" and I just don't think they were ready for it. I'm not trying to excuse their short-comings in any way, there are some problems they definitely need to address, I'm just trying to place some perspective around things. When they were "smaller" they probably had the manpower to have more rigid QC checks. I reckon they haven't worked out how to do that properly with their increase in production.

Go back to page 1217 of this tread and look at the photos I took and you should understand. You're cutting the backside of the sleeve to allow the gauntlet to fit properly. Check out the pics.

I havent got the figure (yet :)) but what is the purpose of that cutting?
I mean what is the difference you will notice when doing this modification?

On pictures the whole gaunlet seems to sit nice?

I havent got the figure (yet :)) but what is the purpose of that cutting?
I mean what is the difference you will notice when doing this modification?

On pictures the whole gaunlet seems to sit nice?

From the looks of it, it seems like it allows the gaunlets to sit higher as in closer to the elbow.

From the looks of it, it seems like it allows the gaunlets to sit higher as in closer to the elbow.

yeah I thought that too, but they lowered the bicep plates...so maybe that is why you think it sits higher, just a visual thing? or does it actually sit higher, its hard to make out from the pics

The bicep armor sits to high, pulling the sleeve down and gluing it in place lowers the bicep armor to the right spot on the arm. However, by doing this you end up with excess rubber sleeve that prevents you putting the gauntlet back on. So cutting the excess away allows you to put the gauntlet back on. It should all be explained in the posts I had made.

I was gonna do the sleeve mod, but seeing the prices skyrocket, and having an oil free one, I kind of want to keep it as close to mint as possible.

I've gotten use to the armor being to high. :)

Last edited:

It doesn't make too much of a difference if you do it though because the armor piece isn't the correct shape as is.

It doesn't make too much of a difference if you do it though because the armor piece isn't the correct shape as is.

...as close to mint as possible.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

For a while anyway. Maybe in a few years I'll revisit the idea, but I suspect I'll be even more use to it then. ;)

Back