1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

My DX head turned up at the weekend. Stellar sculpt and works really well with the V1 body.

wait. so which one do you think will be worth more in about a year or rather harder to find???

I think the t800 will be harder to find later. The DX batman I think has higher production and distribution because of DC Direct.

Finally got mine from GoHastings. It looks great but between the weak elbows/constrictive suit, I can't get the elbows to hold even a slight bend. :mad:

Guess I will have to take it apart and see what I can do to try tighten the elbows up.

I think the t800 will be harder to find later. The DX batman I think has higher production and distribution because of DC Direct.
I agree. I also think T-800 will be more popular because there will probably only be one "clean" T2 T-800 released, whereas we have 2 separate Dark Knight suit Batmen.

Finally got mine from GoHastings. It looks great but between the weak elbows/constrictive suit, I can't get the elbows to hold even a slight bend. :mad:

Guess I will have to take it apart and see what I can do to try tighten the elbows up.
Another issue that nudges the OC Bats beyond DX version as the better figure, IMO. I can pose my figures' arms to where his elbows are open at around 120-130 degrees, but that's it. Articulation on this guy is almost negligible apart from his head. In a practical sense, he's almost as much a statue as an action figure.

Just my DX in today. Absolutely love it. Def. from DCD batch. No signs of oil, which is a good thing...

Last edited:

Ordered from gohastings last Wednesday and received my shipping notice early this morning. I'm glad the order actually got filled.

Oh, I also noticed one of the PERS eyes is off center...grrrr.

Yesss, got both my DX's from hastings. Surprisingly good condition boxes, not perfect, but damn good... unlike my Connor.

Wish I had anything other than my cell to take a shot of them.

Still waiting on **** damn BBTS to get their T-800s so my batman can ship from them.

Alter Ego has this back in stock

Wow... $185... retailers are really gouging us now. :lol

On certain figures Hot Toys should just come out and include this statement in their marketing:

"Yeah, this True Type body is supposed to give you 32 points of articulation but the suit is just going to ____ it all up so please curb your expectations and be prepared for only 4 out of those 32 points to actually hold"

:lol

Another issue that nudges the OC Bats beyond DX version as the better figure, IMO. I can pose my figures' arms to where his elbows are open at around 120-130 degrees, but that's it. Articulation on this guy is almost negligible apart from his head. In a practical sense, he's almost as much a statue as an action figure.

I disagree. I use all the points of articulation. If you don't it looks like a toy. If you do it looks like a 1/6 Batman standing on your shelf. It's the skilled use of articulation that makes posing a figure fun, and the more articulation the better and more realistic the pose will be, Even if it's just a "guy standing there" pose.

I will admit that the suit does limit posing options though.

Oh, I also noticed one of the PERS eyes is off center...grrrr.

Actually, I'm pretty convincede that this is a design flaw across the board. From the pictures I have seen it seems that most figures (like mine) have a right eye that looks just a bit to the left. There is no eye position that hides this completely.

This is my biggest complaint about this figure. I really wish they had gone with individualy poseable eyes like Enterbay.

I honestly don't care about this limited articulation... I rather have the suit looking good than be loose and ill-fitted. There are limitations, and I'm not going to expect Hot Toys to do the impossible.

Same here, got my hastings order and truthfully I was expecting the worst. I was thinking I was going to get he DCDirect version or something :lol

But no I got DX and in a box that is surprisingly in good shape. Even the tissue paper in between flaps was still intact. Can't wait to crack this guy open and futz with him. Very happy - 119$ well spent :D I;m scheduled to get my BBTS one on Thursday and I notice that they now have Mech Tony in stock and I also have that on pre-order so I'm expecting an email soon

Same here, got my hastings order and truthfully I was expecting the worst. I was thinking I was going to get he DCDirect version or something :lol

But no I got DX and in a box that is surprisingly in good shape. Even the tissue paper in between flaps was still intact. Can't wait to crack this guy open and futz with him. Very happy - 119$ well spent :D

:horror:horror:horror

*proceeds to......:slap:banghead:crying:blissysmi:yuck

Man, all you guys really lucked out with gohastings. I tried my best, after they canceled my order, to make it happen. But to no avail. Had to pay full price from Toynk. Worth it though.

Back