1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

I disagree. I use all the points of articulation. If you don't it looks like a toy. If you do it looks like a 1/6 Batman standing on your shelf. It's the skilled use of articulation that makes posing a figure fun, and the more articulation the better and more realistic the pose will be, Even if it's just a "guy standing there" pose.

I will admit that the suit does limit posing options though.

Actually, I'm pretty convincede that this is a design flaw across the board. From the pictures I have seen it seems that most figures (like mine) have a right eye that looks just a bit to the left. There is no eye position that hides this completely.

This is my biggest complaint about this figure. I really wish they had gone with individualy poseable eyes like Enterbay.

How well does your figures elbows hold poses? It is hard to use the articulation if it can't hold a pose. Mine might as well be a statue since I can't pose the arms at all. Nothing but a vanilla arms at the side "toy guy standing there" pose.

How well does your figures elbows hold poses? It is hard to use the articulation if it can't hold a pose. Mine might as well be a statue since I can't pose the arms at all. Nothing but a vanilla arms at the side "toy guy standing there" pose.

Mag, I would have to agree with Natrix......all the photos I've seen....good, bad or indifferent always seem to have that same freaking pose!

That standing straight up either staring down or straight, arms down to the side and always angry :lol

OC Bats always had at least one arm up in most of his photos :lol

Still, DX is such a bad ass figure ain't he! :lol :rock

Last edited:

Not all "guy standing there" poses are created equal. I could go through this thread and post reference pics of what I mean, but I don't want to pick on anyone's posing abilities. Point is, without the points of articulation that we have been given we would all be stuck with an okay "guy standing there" pose. But with the 32 POA it is possible to have an excellent "guy standing there" pose.

Also, I can get a right angle with the elbow on the DX02, and I'm sure I will use that at some point.

Here are a couple poses that have a lot of potential. And they aren't just the "guy standing there" pose:

DSCF6134.jpg

Not all "guy standing there" poses are created equal. I could go through this thread and post reference pics of what I mean, but I don't want to pick on anyone's posing abilities. Point is, without the points of articulation that we have been given we would all be stuck with an okay "guy standing there" pose. But with the 32 POA it is possible to have an excellent "guy standing there" pose.

Also, I can get a right angle with the elbow on the DX02, and I'm sure I will use that at some point.

I can't even get a partial bend at the elbow to stay so I guess I have a crap body.

I can't even get a partial bend at the elbow to stay so I guess I have a crap body.
Actually, mine wont hold a "partial bend" either. But it will hold a right angle. Try it.

Also, I have recently discovered that the elbows joints can be tightened.

A guy talked about it a few pages back.

Actually, mine wont hold a "partial bend" either. But it will hold a right angle. Try it.

It won't hold at any angle. The first thing I tried was a right angle and then tried other positions and it just moves right back to a straight position.

Hopefully I'll receive my DX this week and I can begin trying to acheive some bad ass just standing there poses :lol

I even went out and purchased one of those rotating mirror bases for him! :hi5:

He's lucky I don't slap one of those stripper's pole on that rotating base of his! :slap

Nothing but the best for my Bats I tell ya! :yess:

Got my 2nd DX Bats today! Woohoo! For some reason every time I unbox my favorite figures I kind of hold my breath and start to get nervous and sweat :lol

Hopefully I'll receive my DX this week and I can begin trying to acheive some bad ass just standing there poses :lol

I even went out and purchased one of those rotating mirror bases for him! :hi5:

He's lucky I don't slap one of those stripper's pole on that rotating base of his! :slap

Nothing but the best for my Bats I tell ya! :yess:

did you buy this rotating mirror base online? If yes, can you tell me where please?
I would love to have 2 of these in my living room!

Thanks

Rick

Just got my order in from gohastings unfortunately it came in rough shape. First the way it was shipped, with no outer brown Ht box inside another bigger box just bouncing around, really got the box pretty beat up.
The figure inside also has problems, one of the blades on the gauntlets is broken and the sonar head doesn't work. It looks to me like this figure was either used as a display piece in a store or something because there's sticker residue on the box that has been scratched off.
I called gohastings but they just offered a refund which I'm hesitant to do because this thing is sold out everywhere.

Just got my order in from gohastings unfortunately it came in rough shape. First the way it was shipped, with no outer brown Ht box inside another bigger box just bouncing around, really got the box pretty beat up.
The figure inside also has problems, one of the blades on the gauntlets is broken and the sonar head doesn't work. It looks to me like this figure was either used as a display piece in a store or something because there's sticker residue on the box that has been scratched off.
I called gohastings but they just offered a refund which I'm hesitant to do because this thing is sold out everywhere.

Seems like a solid reason to either take the refund, or try getting a discount. I'd never pay for a broken figure.

This might be a stupid question but did you pull the plastic tab from between the batteries out of the neck or try to reseat/check the batteries?

This might be a stupid question but did you pull the plastic tab from between the batteries out of the neck or try to reseat/check the batteries?

duh, I didn't see a tab but then I read your post and looked a little closer and realized I had to pop the neck off to see it.
Although that's not my biggest concern because I'm going to display it with the pers head anyway.
My biggest concern is the broken blade on the gauntlet. I wonder if HT would replace it?

duh, I didn't see a tab but then I read your post and looked a little closer and realized I had to pop the neck off to see it.
Although that's not my biggest concern because I'm going to display it with the pers head anyway.
My biggest concern is the broken blade on the gauntlet. I wonder if HT would replace it?

If you paid the $119 discounted price, a broken gaunlet isn't the end of world...can it be glued?

Yeah, if you get a refund, then you'll have to pay full price, at least. And that ain't so great. But. . .that's the risk you take when you order from Hastings. If you want a mint Batman, best to just pay the extra $60-80 or whatever and get him through channels that cater to collectors.

If you paid the $119 discounted price, a broken gaunlet isn't the end of world...can it be glued?

That's what I'm doing now, it's broken in two places and fortunately the really thin piece stayed attached hanging by a thread so I didn't lose it but even with minimal glue it you can see that it was repaired.
Oh well it's one of the blades facing the back so it isn't as visible, even with that it's still worth it.

Back