1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Does anyone on the board have any experience with how one might go about tightening the elbow joints? Both my DX's have really limited hold in their right arms. The second one can't stay lifted at all, the joint is so loose it can't hold in any position. I seem to recall someone explaining how to tighten them with minimal risk, but can't find the post anywhere.

I'm not sure you can improve upon the elbows, I think it's a matter of the rubber on the DX having pretty strong resistance, I think you'd need the arms almost so tight they couldn't even pose in order to get them to hold. I've never had a weak jointed body on a figure from HT, so I really think the issue with the DX elbows is the rubber more than the construction of the underlying body.

Does anyone on the board have any experience with how one might go about tightening the elbow joints? Both my DX's have really limited hold in their right arms. The second one can't stay lifted at all, the joint is so loose it can't hold in any position. I seem to recall someone explaining how to tighten them with minimal risk, but can't find the post anywhere.

You need to carefully lift or roll up the rubber sleeves and pull the elbows out holding on as close to the elbows as you can. The lower elbow joint connected to the forearm is tricky as the plastic pins are on real tight. You still need to be careful.

After you pull out the elbow joints you just tighten the screws on the upper and lower part of the elbows. When you are done, connect the forearm to the elbow joint then push the forearm and elbow back up the sleeve and into it's socket.

Again be careful, taking out the forearm is the worst, if you can't take it out, I recommend just tightening the upper elbow and leaving it at that. I even soaked the forearm and elbows in hot water, and it didn't help.

If you're successful, you can have the arms folded in any position you like.

5th pic down is the best one....very sharp, shows the mesh very well :rock

Thanks! I wasn't crazy about the composition, but I included it because it was so sharp. :)

Interesting thing about the mesh: It gives away the difference between the plastic and the rubber. The plastic holds the mold of the mesh sharper than the rubber. One of my few complaints about this figure.

Yeah, maybe it's not worth messing with. Don't want to go ruining the mint condition of the figure so it can hold it's damn sticky bomb gun up.

You need to carefully lift or roll up the rubber sleeves and pull the elbows out holding on as close to the elbows as you can. The lower elbow joint connected to the forearm is tricky as the plastic pins are on real tight. You still need to be careful.

After you pull out the elbow joints you just tighten the screws on the upper and lower part of the elbows. When you are done, connect the forearm to the elbow joint then push the forearm and elbow back up the sleeve and into it's socket.

Again be careful, taking out the forearm is the worst, if you can't take it out, I recommend just tightening the upper elbow and leaving it at that. I even soaked the forearm and elbows in hot water, and it didn't help.

I was stunned when the mail came today, my DX arrived from Go Hastings :yess:

I was never even notified it had shipped. Time to play!!

No way! Great attempt at photography. The quality is low but the idea is great. Less noise and sharper and that would be brilliant. Nice job. Love that first one.

I really love how light and shadows hits every bit of detail on the suit. I was admiring it early on in this room. The room only gets a little bit of sun and it's only when it's a good clear night the sun sets. Usually only lasts 15 - 20 minutes. A north facing room.

dscf9892.jpg

dscf9887c.jpg

Great shots. Aside from the red in the background, the first one is movie teaser quality.

here are some more pics of my modded batman with neck and cape. The cape is a very rough new design I am working on. It is too long and not very clean but gives you an idea. I am thinking more along the lines of this:
christian-bale-dark-knight-photo-2.jpg

Here is a rough modded batman:
IMG_1975.jpg

IMG_1974.jpg

IMG_1971.jpg

IMG_1972.jpg
IMG_1970.jpg

IMG_1973.jpg

I really love how light and shadows hits every bit of detail on the suit. I was admiring it early on in this room. The room only gets a little bit of sun and it's only when it's a good clear night the sun sets. Usually only lasts 15 - 20 minutes. A north facing room.

dscf9892.jpg

dscf9887c.jpg

Nice pictures man, i like the clear mid sunshines on that ...

Back