1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Is this the 2nd batch shipment that you guys are having the oil trouble with :confused: :(

Geil's is a 2nd Batch figure with the lubricant at the belt area issue, but he reports no headsculpt deformation or paint flaking. I think there's a solution to the lubricant problem without replacement concerns, unlike the other 2 problems this figure has had.

Mine is a 1st batch figure, with no paint or sonar head issues. I would suggest that Geil continue his observation without trying to clean the back of the belt. I will continue with what I've been doing. As with any experiment, it's a good idea to have two different approaches to finding a solution. The belt on my figure is back on at the tightest setting. I'll report back in the morning & update this thread with my findings. Between the two of us, or any one else willing to join in, we'll find the cause of the oily residue issue.

I plan to test a 3rd scenario, I'm going to use my v1 belt short term on the DX when I get it and put a DX belt on the V1 figure and see what occurs. If the belt itself is the source, then it should lubricate the v1 figure, if nothing happens, I'd wager Geil's pressure theory with belt tightness is probably on the right track, or, if my DX still gets lubricated with the v1 belt loose on it, then it'd have nothing to do with the belt. I may even not put any belt on my DX for the first day, I can restrain photos to waist up stuff for a bit. I do want to help figure out why this lubrcation problem and how to deal with it, since it seems Hot Toys doesn't really get it if they just keep saying wipe it away, that doesn't really identify the source/cause.

Update, got my UPS mail, due Tuesday.

Was that the cheapest option for you (though thats usually airmail) or was that the fastest/expensive shipping?

I may even not put any belt on my DX for the first day, I can restrain photos to waist up stuff for a bit. I do want to help figure out why this lubrcation problem and how to deal with it, since it seems Hot Toys doesn't really get it if they just keep saying wipe it away, that doesn't really identify the source/cause.

Personally I would go that route first. It's what I'm planning to do. Why not wash it with luke warm soapy water. It wont rust if you dry it but if the oily parts are washed throughly then there's nothing left to seep.

I plan to test a 3rd scenario, I'm going to use my v1 belt short term on the DX when I get it and put a DX belt on the V1 figure and see what occurs. If the belt itself is the source, then it should lubricate the v1 figure, if nothing happens, I'd wager Geil's pressure theory with belt tightness is probably on the right track, or, if my DX still gets lubricated with the v1 belt loose on it, then it'd have nothing to do with the belt. I may even not put any belt on my DX for the first day, I can restrain photos to waist up stuff for a bit. I do want to help figure out why this lubrcation problem and how to deal with it, since it seems Hot Toys doesn't really get it if they just keep saying wipe it away, that doesn't really identify the source/cause.

^^^ Great idea. Keep us posted. Troubleshooting 101 at it's best! ;)

quick update
24hrs later both figures still showed residue but less than the previous 12hr exposure at the tightest notch It could still be from the previous setup so I will put back both belts at 1 notch out for another 12-24hrs and see whats going to happen :)
residue or not these boys are such good looking. Too bad the posing is indeed very limited and I can't pose him wiht the sticky gun to look good ;(

Last edited:

I forgot to mention in my earlier post, when I said I had a small spot of oil behind the belt, it was not on the ab pads, but just below it on the trim running below the pads. This was because at the looser setting I could position the belt a bit lower & not touch the ab pads. At the tighter setting I moved the belt lower again so it is not pressing on the ab pads.

Was that the cheapest option for you (though thats usually airmail) or was that the fastest/expensive shipping?

Personally I would go that route first. It's what I'm planning to do. Why not wash it with luke warm soapy water. It wont rust if you dry it but if the oily parts are washed throughly then there's nothing left to seep.

There's only one shipping option for U.S. customers from Toys2.

As for the belt, I don't want to wash or clean it, I want to help figure out what the cause is so other getting this figure can prevent/deal with it. Since I'll have the ability to test out some theories that are too late for everyone else who already has the figure, I'm going to check into them.

^^^ Great idea. Keep us posted. Troubleshooting 101 at it's best! ;)

Problem sovling basics, if you don't know the source of the problem, you test out every possible cause until you identify it.

Look at us, having to apply the Scientific Method onto our toys.

Anyway, my credit card was charged earlier today for the figure, but no shipping notice.

I got a ship notice and charge yesterday but he didn't actually ship until today, so yours is probably shipping tomorrow.

hey, my dad REALLY did not want me getting this, but, i have a but, i'm gonna do extra chores around the house for the next 3/4 mounths to earn enough $$$$$$ to buy me a DX!!!! I know exactly where it will go on display. I'M SO EXCITED!!!
funny-pictures-kitten-is-excited-about-bacon.jpg

Didn't you say you're 21 or something? What your doing to get money is the same thing I do to get money. I'm still in high school....

Problem sovling basics, if you don't know the source of the problem, you test out every possible cause until you identify it.

Yep....welcome to my world, it's what I do for a living. :duh :D :gun

Yep....welcome to my world, it's what I do for a living. :duh :D :gun

I've had my share providing IT support, it happens often when people break things and keep using their computers and tell you long after the fact about the issue. Instead of being able to just ask, what were you doing it when the problem started, I have to play detective and figure out what someone else did.

When I get my DX (hopefully next month), I'm planning to insert between the belt and abs that paper that people carry around to wipe oil from their face. I think it's called litmus paper. It's so thin and soft and I'll cut it to size so it won't be noticeable when my DX is on display.

I'm not sure which belt may be causing the rubbing/oil issue, but if its the primary belt, it's probably because it's way too tight. I still havnt had mine on the figure, it looks like it won't fit period. Plus the other belt looks more metallic/realistic somehow and is a PERFCET fit, with a redone mounting point at the back. Looks way better imho

What's the primary belt, the one with the attachments all over it?

I will getting my HT DX today, woohooo!!! Hopefully mine will be trouble free. It would be a hassle to get the replacement, etc. through shipping.

Back